Actions
Begin New Search
Refine Last Search
Cemetery Lookup
Add Burial Records
Help with Find A Grave

Find all Alexanders in:
 • Forest Hill Cemetery Midtown
 • Memphis
 • Shelby County
 • Tennessee
 • Find A Grave

Top Contributors
Success Stories
Community Forums
Find A Grave Store

Log In
Sponsor This Memorial! Advertisement
Independence Elen Schular "I.E.S." Alexander
Learn about sponsoring this memorial...
Birth: Jun. 8, 1831
Henry County
Tennessee, USA
Death: Oct. 7, 1910
Memphis
Shelby County
Tennessee, USA

Independence Alexander's DNA Haplomarker is R1a1. Only 5% of Alexanders have this type of DNA. They are NOT related to the other 95% of Alexanders who are R1b1.

Independence and Adelaide married 22 May 1865 Monroe, Mississippi.

Occupation: Shoemaker 
 
Family links: 
 Parents:
  Jessee Alexander (1786 - 1870)
  Dorcas Henrietta Schular (1808 - 1867)
 
 Spouse:
  Adelaide Louisa Alexander (1843 - 1922)*
 
 Children:
  Martha Alexander Maer (1870 - 1932)*
  Walter Howard Alexander (1872 - 1956)*
  Charles Carter Alexander (1886 - 1946)*
 
 Siblings:
  Jefferson Alexander (1808 - 1873)**
  Joseph K Alexander (1814 - 1848)**
  Simpson Alexander (1817 - 1901)**
  Mary Ann Alexander Nix (1820 - 1899)**
  Caroline M Alexander Ray (1825 - ____)**
  Independence Elen Schular Alexander (1831 - 1910)
  Martin Van Buren Alexander (1839 - 1895)*
  Lafayette Alexander (1841 - ____)*
  Henrietta E Alexander Alexander (1844 - ____)*
  Isabella Alexander Lovelace (1844 - 1921)*
  Paulina F Alexander Killgore (1847 - 1933)*
 
*Calculated relationship
**Half-sibling
 
Burial:
Forest Hill Cemetery Midtown
Memphis
Shelby County
Tennessee, USA
Plot: Section 11
 
Maintained by: Carole Lee Alexander
Originally Created by: Dale Schaefer
Record added: Oct 13, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 98819986
Independence Elen Schular I.E.S. Alexander
Added by: Dale Schaefer
 
Independence Elen Schular I.E.S. Alexander
Cemetery Photo
Added by: Anonymous
 
 
Photos may be scaled.
Click on image for full size.

 
 
 Advertisement

Privacy Statement and Terms of Service