|Death: ||Oct. 30, 1911|
STRYCHNINE PROVED FATAL
Hagerstown Man Who Took Poison Dies In Hospital
Despondency is the reason ascribed why Andrew J. Albert, 43 years old, a native of Hagerstown, swallowed strychnine Saturday night in his room at 1064 West Fayette street, and from which he died at 2 o'clock yesterday morning in the Franklin Square Hospital.
Albert had been living with the family of Andrew F. Brown for more than a year. Several times he left the home and was gone for some days. Three weeks ago the Brown family moved into the Fayette street house and Albert went there to live. He was a hotel clerk, but for the last month had worked but little.
He returned home late Saturday night and went directly to his room. Soon afterward his groans attracted member of the household, who found him on the floor. In answer to questions all he could say was "I have done it."
Dr. L. E. Beach had the man removed to the hospital. Coroner Blake gave a certificate of suicide.
The dead man's father, William H. Albert, came to Baltimore from Hagerstown last night to claim the body and have it taken to his home for burial.
The Sun, Baltimore, MD, Monday, October 30, 1911
William H. Albert (1849 - 1928)
Mary H. Eyler Albert (1849 - 1911)
Edgar Eyler Albert (1869 - 1928)*
William F.F. Albert (1871 - 1924)*
Andrew J. K. Albert (1872 - 1911)
Maud G. Albert (1875 - 1894)*
Rose Hill Cemetery
Created by: badrenn
Record added: Dec 02, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 101594151