|Birth: ||May 25, 1849|
|Death: ||Aug. 30, 1851|
Elmore "B. C." Mead was born on May 25, 1849 in Springdale Township, Hamilton County, Ohio, the son of Benjamin Church Mead and Mary Livingston Brown Mead.
Benjamin Church Mead was born on November 4, 1804 in Greenwich, Fairfield County, Connecticut. He was the son of Jeremiah Mead, Jr., a soldier in the Revolutionary War (b. 1755 in Greenwich, Connecticut) and Esther Peck (b. on July 12, 1756 in Greenwich).
Mary Livingston Brown Mead was born on December 31, 1812 in New York City, New York. Her parents were Bush G. Brown, a shipbuilder and master carpenter in New York City (b. May 9, 1783 in New York City; d. August 10, 1821 in Natchez, Adams County, Mississippi) and Hannah Daniels Brown (b. December 27, 1783 in New York City; d. September 20, 1822 in New York City).
The children of Benjamin Church Mead and Mary Livingston Brown Mead were:
• Walter Scott Mead, b. March 6, 1841, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. March 23, 1843, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio
• Emma Walker Mead, b. September 19, 1842, Springdale, Hamilton Co., Ohio; d. August 11, 1928, New York City, New York; m. John Beeler, September 19, 1865, Towanda, McLean County, Illinois; b. March 16, 1837, Sharonville, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. February 12, 1920, Denver, Denver County, Colorado.
• Eliza Peck Mead, b. ca. 1844, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. 1902.
• Frances Etta Mead, b. July 7, 1846, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. August 5, 1849, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio.
• Elmore (Elmer) C. "B. C." Mead, b. May 25, 1849, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio; d. August 30, 1851, Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio.
His father B.C. died on August 12, 1850 in Springdale, Hamilton County, Ohio (during a cholera epidemic).
His mother changed his name from "Elmore" Mead to "B.C." Mead, after the death of his father, Benjamin Church Mead, in 1850. Unfortunately, "B.C." did not live very long after his father's death. They both died (during a cholera epidemic) in Springdale. Little "B. C." died on August 30, 1851 in Springdale.
On May 11, 1853, his mother, Mary Livingston Brown Mead married William Durland Hilts (b. February 9, 1806 in Morris County, New Jersey), a widower with three sons and a daughter, who had been the appraiser of her husband's estate. There were no children from this marriage.
William Hilts died September 26, 1874 in Illinois. Mary Livingston Brown Mead Hilts died on June 3, 1897 in Walnut Hills, Stark County, Ohio.
Submitted on August 7, 2011 by Sandra Johnson Witt
Benjamin Church Mead (1804 - 1850)
Mary Livingston Brown Mead Hilts (1812 - 1897)
Walter Scott Mead (1841 - 1843)*
Emma Walker Mead Beeler (1842 - 1928)*
Eliza Perlee Mead (1844 - 1902)*
Frances Mead (1845 - 1846)*
Frances Etta Mead (1846 - 1849)*
Elmore Mead (1849 - 1851)
Old Saint Mary's Cemetery
Created by: Sandra Johnson Witt
Record added: Aug 07, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 74553856