North Carolina, USA
Sarah 'Sally' Drollinger Bailey was born in Guilford, Guilford Co., NC to Henry b. 1770 and Catherine Ticcle Drollinger b. 1773. Both parents were born in Guilford Co., NC.
Sarah's father died in Fountain Co., IN in 1848. Her Mother died in Marion Co., IL in 1870.
Sarah 'Sally' never learned to speak English.
Information written in the story, "Gilbert and Catherine Epperson, Pioneers", written by Ruth Ingrahm Epperson their daughter-in-law.... states Sarah was buried in Salem, Oregon. Bio on her husband, John B. Bailey, says Sarah Sally died at the age of 80 in Marshfield, Coos Co., Oregon.
Thanks given to Frances Gayle Bailey Day for her Genealogy files contributed to Cathy 'Researcher'... who gave me copies of them...
Children of John 'Bill' and Sarah 'Sally' Drollinger Bailey:
- Nancy Jane Bailey Epperson Piper, Stevens, Darling b. 1821 and died in Coos Co., OR
- Catherine 'Ticcle' Bailey Epperson b. 1823 NC d. 1886 Sandy, Clackamas Co., OR b. Sandy Ridge Cemetery, Sandy, Clackamas Co., OR m. Gilbert John Epperson son of Asa and Leah Barron Epperson. (My Gr. Gr. Grandmother)
- Henry Fraley Bailey b. 1825 Guilford Co., NC d. 1916 Red Oak, Montgomery Co., IA b. Evergreen Cemetery, Red Oak, Montgomery Co., IA.
- John Bannister Bailey b. 1830 Missouri d. 1910 Jackson Co., OR
- George Washington Bailey b. 1832 Fountain Co., IN d. 1912 Grants Pass, Josephine Co., OR b. Missouri Flat Cemetery, Applegate, Jackson Co. OR
George led an interesting life. His father, John, and uncle, Henry, had gone to California in 1850 to seek their luck in finding gold. In 1852, George Bailey and his nephew, 'Billy Bonebrake', went 'West' to join his father, John "Bill" Bailey and uncle. They finally reached Trinidad, Humboldt Co., Calif. They heard about gold being found in Southern Oregon. They joined a supply train, going over the Siskiyous into the Illinois Valley. They struck gold in the 'Bolan Lake' area near today's Cave Junction.
- Sarah Jane Bailey Askren Berner b. 1835 Fountain Co., IN d. 1893 Park, Dundy Co., NB b. Old Ives Cemetery/Parks Cemetery, Parks, Dundy Co., NB
- Matilda Jane Bailey Watson Cross
•Birth: 25 Mar 1835 in Orange Co., IN
•Death: 29 Jun 1929 in Salem, Marion Co., OR
•Burial: City View Cem., Salem, Marion Co., OR
- Susannah Bailey, b. 1841 MO, was living with her parents John Henry 'Bill' & Sarah 'Sally' Drollinger Bailey in the '1856' Census for Lovilia P.O., Union, Monroe Co., IA. There was also a male 2 years older than Susannah living with them... John Lindsey Epperson born 1839. Do not know any more information about Susannah.....
Henry Drollinger (1770 - 1848)
Catherine Ticcle Drollinger (1773 - 1870)
John Henry Bailey (1795 - 1894)
Nancy Jane Bailey Epperson (1821 - ____)*
Catherine 'Ticcle' Bailey Epperson (1823 - 1886)*
Henry Fraley Bailey (1825 - 1916)*
John Bannister Bailey (1830 - 1910)*
George Washington Bailey (1832 - 1912)*
Sarah Jane Bailey Berner (1835 - 1893)*
Matilda Jane Bailey Cross (1837 - 1929)*
Sarah Drollinger Bailey (1795 - 1874)
Susan Drollinger Bailey (1798 - 1871)*
Lee Mission Cemetery
Plot: Old Section (section M)
GPS (lat/lon): 44.94179, -123.00943
Created by: AngelWings
Record added: Apr 25, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 89138061
💓 3rd Great Grandmother 💓|
Added: Aug. 7, 2015
~~ John 3:16 ~~|
Added: Feb. 5, 2015
Added: Jul. 31, 2013