|Birth: ||Dec. 1, 1801|
New York, USA
|Death: ||Jul. 17, 1885|
James Adams married Susannah "Susan" Powers 26 July 1836 at Malahide Township Elgin, Ontario, Canada.
James was a sibling to William Adams b. abt. 1800 in New York State, David Adams b. abt. 1794 in New York State, Calvin Winslow Adams b. June 15, 1806 in New York State, Rueben Adams b. abt. 1808 in New York State and Catharine Adams b. abt. 1813 in New York State.
Children of James Adams and Susannah Powers Adams are as follows:
1. Maria(h) Adams, b. July 10, 1837, Malahide Twp. Elgin, Ontario, Canada; married  December 21, 1854, Malahide Twp. to Jonathan William Clutton who was born May 16, 1830 in Bury St. Edmunds, England. He died March 10, 1855 in Malahide Twp. from the result of a horse and buggy accident. Maria was expecting at the time and she later delivered a son, whom she named Jonathan William Clutton Jr., born September 19, 1855 in Malahide Twp.
Maria married  Joseph Calvert, on April 13, 1858 in Malahide Twp. Joseph was born abt. 1835;
Maria was buried 18 March 1915 in Westminster Cemetery, Montgomery County, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2. George Adams, b. July 23, 1838, Malahide Twp. Elgin, Ontario, Canada; married April 10, 1872 Aylmer, Malahide Twp. to Margaret Ann Partlow, d/o of Orange Partlow.
Margaret was born February 12, 1844, Malahide Twp. and died July 11,1922, Malahide Twp.
George Adams died January 1, 1929 in Malahide Twp.
3. Anna Adams, b. May 27, 1843 Malahide Twp. Elgin, Ontario, Canada; married John Edwin Richards (a Druggist) at Aylmer, Malahide Twp., date unknown. J. E. Richards was born June 10, 1846, died August 5, 1922 in Aylmer, Malahide Twp. Anna died February 17, 1906 in Aylmer, Malahide Twp.
4. Emiline "Emma" Adams, b. July 7, 1845 Malahide Twp. Elgin, Ontario, Canada; married January 23, 1868 Malahide Twp. to Hiram J. Brown who was b. March 11, 1829, Malahide Twp. and died December 11, 1894 London, Middlesex, Ontario Canada. Emiline died October 21, 1903 London, Middlesex County, Ontario, Canada
5. Margaret "Maggie" Adams, b. February 7, 1849 Malahide Twp. Elgin, Ontario, Canada; married June 8, 1870, Malahide Twp. to Thomas Gunstone, who was born abt. 1845 in Wiltshire England, a painter by trade; he died 1900 in possibly Bayham Twp. They lived in Straffordville, Bayham Twp, Elgin, Ontario, Canada. Maggie died September 13, 1933, Bayham Twp.
There were 2 other sons, Leonard and Henry who died at a young age.
Susannah Powers Adams (1817 - 1896)*
Maria Adams Calvert (1837 - 1915)*
George Adams (1838 - 1929)*
Anna Adams Richards (1843 - 1906)*
Emeline Adams Brown (1845 - 1903)*
Created by: history4sure
Record added: Dec 23, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 102521345