|Birth: ||Apr. 25, 1625|
West Dorset District
|Death: ||Sep. 16, 1683|
Joan Rockwell, eldest child of Dea. William Rockwell and Susanna Capen, bapt. Apr. 25, 1625 at Dorchester in Dorset, England. She d. Sept. 16, 1683 at Northampton, Mass.
On Nov. 15, 1642 at Windsor, Conn., Joan m. 1) Jeffrey Baker, who d. intestate July 7, 1655 at Windsor. They had five children at Windsor, one dying in infancy. The children of Joan Rockwell and her first husband Jeffrey Baker, all b. at Windsor, Conn., are:
• i. Dea. Samuel Baker, b. Mar. 30, 1644, d. Apr. 12, 1715 at Windsor, Conn., Æ 72; m. 1) June 30, 1670 at Windsor, Sarah Cook, dau. of Nathaniel Cook & Lydia Vore, b. June 28, 1650 at Windsor. She d. after Nov. 1700 likely at Windsor, Conn. There were no children of this marriage. Samuel m. 2) after Oct. 1703, the widow Abigail Huntington, dau. of Samuel Lothrop & Elizabeth Scudder, b. May 11, 1665 at New London, Conn. She d. after April 1715. There were no children of this second marriage. Abigail had m. 1) Dec. 9, 1686 at Norwich, Conn., Samuel Baker's 1st cousin John Huntington, s. of Christopher Huntington and Ruth Rockwell, b. Mar. 15, 1665/6 at Norwich, Conn. He d. before Oct. 1703. Abigail had five children by her first husband.
• ii. Hepzibah Baker, b. May 10, 1646; m. Mar. 8, 1664/5 prob. at Windsor, Conn., Caleb Pomeroy, s. of Elweed Pomeroy, bapt. Mar. 6, 1641/2 at Windsor. They resided at Northampton, Mass. and had ten children.
• iii. Mary Baker, b. July 15, 1649; no further certain record.
• iv. Abigail Baker, b. Dec. 23, 1652; d. young.
• v. Joseph Baker, b. June 18, 1655, d. Dec. 11, 1691 at Windsor, Conn.; m. Jan. 30, 1676/7 at Windsor, the widow Hannah (Cook) Buckland, sister of Joseph's brother Samuel's 1st wife Sarah Cook, b. Sept. 21, 1655 at Windsor. Five children of the family. Hannah m. 1) Oct. 21, 1675 Thomas Buckland, by whom she had no children, and 3) John Loomis.
On Dec. 10, 1668 at Northampton, Mass., Joan m. 2) Richard Ingraham, who d. Aug. 7, 1683 at Northampton. There are no known children of this marriage.
William Rockwell (1590 - 1640)
Susannah Capen Grant (1602 - 1666)
Jeffery Baker (____ - 1655)*
Hepzibah Baker Pomeroy (1646 - 1711)*
Joan Rockwell Ingraham (1625 - 1683)
John Rockwell (1627 - 1673)*
Samuel Rockwell (1631 - 1711)*
Ruth Rockwell Huntington (1633 - 1683)*
Sarah Rockwell Gaylord (1639 - 1683)*
Created by: Don Blauvelt
Record added: Mar 21, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 50027770