|Clarissa Ackley Blanchard|
|Birth: ||Jan. 21, 1783|
Wife of John Blanchard, married about 1799. She died before 1860 in Livonia, Wayne, Michigan.
1. Aseph Blanchard born October 3, 1800, Buffalo, Erie, NY, (see Utah Prominent Pioneers record), died September 23, 1878, Springville, UT. Aseph married Junietta Leonard, June 24, 1830, Ashtabula, Ohio. He married Eunice Elizabeth Thompson, Jan 19, 1841, Redford, Wayne, Michigan. Eunice was born January 15, 1824, Ossian, Livingston, NY to Thomas Thompson and Charlotte Rice. In 1850, Aseph, Eunice and their children were living in Decatur, Iowa. Her mother, Charlotte Thompson, was living with them. They went to Utah in 1852. He was a High Priest, Black Hawk Indian War Veteran (see his photo) Aseph #84502, Eunice #84828
2. Clarissa Arvilla Blanchard born 1804, NY, died 1871. Daughter (2nd child) of John and Clarissa. She married Julius Perry and Samuel W. Anderson. She is buried in Andover Union Township Cemetery, Andover, Ashtabula, Ohio. FAG #95941074
3. Walter Blanchard born 1805, NY, died before 1880. Son (3rd child) of John and Clarissa. He married Roxanna Beldin and Sophronia Putney.
4. John F. Blanchard born 1806, NY, died 1882. Son (4th child) of John and Clarissa. He married Orpha Root on July 17, 1831. He married Maria Richards on October 12, 1848. They are buried in Andover Union Township Cemetery, Andover, Ashtabula, Ohio. FAG John #96352132
5. Lodema Blanchard born 1809, NY, died February 16, 1863. Daughter (5th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Frederick David Winegar. They are buried in Kennebec, Castana, Monona, Iowa. FAG #107866962
6. Laura Blanchard born July 11, 1811, NY, died June 2, 1828, Livonia, Wayne, MI. Daughter (6th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Norton Lapham on April 5, 1827* in NY. She is buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Lot 198, Farmington, Oakland, MI (findagrave.com Laura #11703448)
7. Lydia S.Blanchard born 1813, NY, died ? Daughter (7th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Sylvester Buck on March 20, 1833, Ashtabula, Ohio (marriage record). They had a son, Pembroke S. Buck, born 1835, Ohio, died 1900, St. Johns, Clinton, MI. They had a daughter Leverna Peatil (sp?) born 1837, Ohio, died December 25, 1892, Elba, Gratiot, MI. They had a daughter Adeline V. Jones, born 1838, Ohio, died Sept. 12. 1902, Novi, Oakland, MI (see MI death records).
8. Agnes Sophia Blanchard born March 9, 1815, NY, died May 27, 1873, Livonia, Wayne, MI. Daughter (8th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Norton Lapham on October 20, 1833, Farmington, Oakland, MI (widower of her sister Laura). Norton was born in 1805, NY. In 1850, Sophia and Norton were living in Livonia with their children Marshall (14), Laura (13), John (11), Milley (8) and Medora (4). In 1860, he was in Livonia. In 1870, Norton was on his farm in Livonia Township with Agnes and Medora. They had two farm workers living with them, Joseph Moon (50) from Prussia and John Spacy (30) from Ontario, Canada. Norton died January 1, 1886, Farmington, MI. Children: Marshall, Laura, John, Milley, Medora
9. Cynthia Lapham Blanchard born 1817, NY, died 1862, Silverton, Marion, Oregon. Daughter (9th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Leicester Upham Leonard on Sept. 18, 1834, Ashtabula, Ohio (see marriage record). They lived in Ohio, Missouri and Oregon. Children: Ellen Sylvania Geer, Volney, Abel and Horace Wade Leonard.
10. Worthy Blanchard born April 4, 1819, Collins, Erie, New York, died August 13, 1885, Farmington, Oakland, MI. age 66, married, farmer (see death index). Son (10th child) of John Blanchard and Clarissa Ackley. Worthy married Mary Melissa Lapham (daughter of Asa Lapham and Sarah Allen) on February 28, 1839, Oakland Co, MI. Children: Franklin, Eli, Asa, John, Volney
11. Samuel Blanchard born May 23, 1823, Collins, Erie, NY, died February 18, 1894, Farmington, Oakland, MI. Son (11th child) of John and Clarissa. He married Huldah Sprague on December 31, 1850, Oakland Co, MI. She was born about 1823, died 1859. Children: Josephine Ballard 1853-1904. He married Caroline "Carrie" Lawson. Children: Elsie Louise Gates 1861-1938, Clarissa Agnes Blanchard born Dec. 1870, Farmington and Oliver Ackley Blanchard 1876-1946, Detroit. In 1860 and 1880 he was living in Farmington. His occupation was listed as Huckster but Cooper on other records. In 1900, Carrie was a widow living in Detroit with her married daughter Elsie (Aaron) Gates. Caroline was born in Michigan about 1838. Elsie Gates born January 7, 1861, Detroit, died December 10, 1938, Eloise, Wayne, MI (death index)
In 1830, John and Clarissa were in Oakland Co. MI.
In 1840, they were in Livonia.
In 1850, she and John were living near their son Worthy and his family in Livonia.
In the 1860 census, John was a widower, living in Livonia, which means Clarissa died before 1860.
Daughter of John Ackley and Mehitable Brown.
Parents from familysearch.org - submission id: MM7D-XRD
contributor: date: Saturday, May 14, 2011 (however, their dates of birth and/or death are incorrect:Chris).
person count: 9983
*Laura's marriage date from Robert B. Cook, Farmington's Historian.
Connecticut Town Birth Records, pre-1870 (Barbour Collection)
Name: Clarissa Ackley
Birth Date: 21 Jan 1783
Birth Place: Hebron
John Ackley (1755 - 1826)
Mahitabel Brown Ackley (1751 - 1813)
John Blanchard (1777 - ____)
Aseph Blanchard (1800 - 1878)*
John F Blanchard (1806 - 1882)*
Clarissa Arvilla Blanchard Anderson (1807 - 1871)*
Lodema Blanchard Winegar (1810 - 1870)*
Laura Blanchard Lapham (1811 - 1828)*
Agnes Sophia Blanchard Lapham (1815 - 1873)*
Cynthia Lapham Blanchard Leonard (1817 - 1862)*
Worthy Blanchard (1819 - 1885)*
Samuel James Blanchard (1823 - 1894)*
Lydia Ackley Foote (1774 - 1845)*
Clarissa Ackley Blanchard (1783 - ____)
Laura Ackley Blanchard (1786 - 1846)*
Oliver Ackley (1789 - 1858)*
Created by: Chris
Record added: Apr 15, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 108570028