|Birth: ||Oct., 1762|
|Death: ||Jul. 3, 1817|
Note: Philena aka Philaney (spelling on gravestone)
Source: "The Nicholas White Family" compiled by Thomas J. Lothrop. A.B. NEHGS, 1902, page 145
Philena White died in Wallingford, Vt., July 3, 1817. She resembled her mother as closely as her sister Lois did her father, and, like her mother, died of consumption. She was a devoted wife, a tender and loving mother, one of whom no ill was ever spoken. She married in 1780, at Tinmouth, Vt., Capt. William Fox. who was born, probably, in Newburg, N. Y., June 28,1760; he died Feb. 17, 1822, at Wallingford, Vt. He entered Revolutionary service when 16 years old, and continued in the army until near the close of the year 1779. He represented the town of Wallingford, Vt., for 21 years - 20 years continuously.
- John Fox, b. at Tinmouth, Vt., Aug. 24, 1781.
- William Fox, b. at Tinmouth, Vt., June 10, 1784.
- Eleanor Fox, b. at Tinmouth, Vt., March 20, 1786.
- Fanny Fox, b. at Tinmouth, Vt., Jan. 21,1788.
- Mary Fox, b. at Tinmouth, Vt., Feb. 8, 1790; married Dr. David Holden at Wallingford, Vt. She resided in Wallingford until her death, June 30, 1827. She died of consumption. She had no children.
- George Marshall Fox, b. at Wallingford, Vt., Feb. 16, 1792. He was for a short time in business with his cousin, Leverett Hyde. Afflicted with phthisis he, accompanied by his cousin Leverett, who was suffering from the same dread disease, went to Mississippi in the fall of 1818. He died at Natchez Oct. 16 of the following year ; unmarried.
- Marvin Fox, h. at Wallingford, Vt., Dec. 26, 1794.
- Laura Fox, b. at Wallingford, Vt., Jan. 26, 1797; died July 12, 1820; unmarried.
- Philana Fox, b. at Wallinford, Vt.
- Priscilla Fox, b. at Wallingford, Vt., May 16, 1802; died May 18, 1818; unmarried.
William Fox (1760 - 1822)*
John Fox (1781 - 1853)*
William Fox (1784 - 1872)*
Eleanor Fox Mulford (1786 - 1866)*
Fanny Fox Mulford (1788 - 1823)*
Mary Fox Holden (1790 - 1827)*
Marvin Fox (1794 - 1889)*
Laura Fox (1796 - 1820)*
Philena Fox Andrus (1799 - 1829)*
Priscilla Fox (1802 - 1818)*
Note: Birth year estimated from info on gravestone.
Green Hill Cemetery
Maintained by: John Sutherland
Originally Created by: John Arsenault
Record added: Aug 08, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 74608020
MAY YOUR LIGHT SHINE, ETERNALLY|
Added: Jan. 10, 2013