|Birth: ||Dec. 15, 1684|
|Death: ||Jun., 1763|
Lieut. William Eno, 3rd ch. and 2nd s. of James Eno and Abigail Bissell, b. Dec. 15, 1684 at Windsor, Conn. He d. testate at Simsbury, Conn. betw. Apr 18 and June 17, 1763 (date of will, date of inventory). He served during Queen Anne's War (1702-1713).
At an unrecorded place and date, William m. 1) Mary North, d. of John North and Mary Warner, b. Feb. 3, 1694/5 at Farmington, Conn. The date of her death is not of record. They had eight known children presumably b. at Simsbury, Conn., but only one of the children has an actual recorded birth at Simsbury. The following order is based on interpretation of the order in which the children are mentioned as legatees in their father's will ["William, Samuel, Mary, Hannah, Abigail, Deborah, Ann and Susannah"]:
• i. Mary Eno, b. circa 1712, d. circa 1763 at Sheffield, Mass.; m. 1) Nathaniel Westover and 2) Jonathan Root.
• ii. Hannah Eno, b. circa 1713.
• iii. Abigail Eno, b. circa 1714-15, d. May 9, 1803; m. 1) Feb. 10, 1731/2 at Simsbury, Jonathan Moore, Jr., who d. Feb. 7, 1776 at the Town of North East, Dutchess County, NY; m. 2) James Landon.
• iv. Deborah Eno, b. circa 1717, d. circa 1790 at Egremont, Mass.; m. by early 1735, Jonah Westover, 3rd, s. of Jonah Westover, Jr. and Abigail Case, the brother of the 1st husb. of Deborah's sister Mary, b. Sept. 3, 1709 at Simsbury. He d. Aug. 10, 1768 at Egremont, Mass. Eight children b. of record at Sheffield, Mass.
• v. Anna Eno, b. circa 1720, was living in April 1763 when included in her father's will, but no further certain record known.
• vi. William Eno, Jr., b. of record Dec. 6, 1722 (the only sibling with an actual recorded date of birth), d. circa 1777 at Salisbury, Conn.; m. Lillias Hicks, who d. Aug. 20, 1802 at Middlebury, VT. Five known children of the family.
• vii. Samuel Eno, b. circa 1724, d. circa 1802; m. 1) circa 1746 Deborah Griswold and 2) Silence Clayton Aug. 21, 1800 at Granby, Conn.
• viii. Susannah Eno, b. circa 1726, d. Apr. 10, 1807 at Goshen, Conn.; m. 1) Ens. Matthew Adams, s. of Joseph Adams and Mary Case, b. Aug. 21, 1724 at Simsbury. He d. testate Mar. 9, 1764 at Wintonbury Parish, now Bloomfield, Conn. Four known children of the marriage. Susannah m. 2) Jan. 11, 1769 at Goshen, Conn. as his 2nd wife, Samuel Baldwin, who d. at Goshen Oct. 22, 1804. There are no known children of this second marriage.
At an unknown date and place, Lieut. William Eno m. 2) an unidentified Mehitable, who is called his wife in his April 1763 will.
James Eno (1651 - 1714)
Abigail Bissell Eno (1661 - 1728)
Mary Grant Eno (1678 - 1704)*
Mary North Eno (1690 - 1760)*
Mary Eno Root (1711 - 1763)*
Deborah Eno Westover (1715 - 1790)*
Susanah Eno Baldwin (1722 - 1807)*
Ann Eno Case (1682 - 1760)*
William Eno (1684 - 1763)
Mary Eno Cornish (1691 - 1731)**
John Eno (1693 - 1757)*
Samuel Eno (1696 - 1778)*
Susannah Eno Phelps Emans (1699 - 1773)*
David Eno (1702 - 1745)**
Hop Meadow Cemetery
Maintained by: Don Blauvelt
Originally Created by: Jonathan Davidson
Record added: Aug 02, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 74312594
In memory of the father-in-law of my 3rd cousin 6x removed.|
Added: Mar. 28, 2016
Added: Jan. 2, 2015
My 6th Great-Grandfather|
Joy Ford Davidson
Added: Aug. 2, 2011