|Birth: ||May 16, 1765|
South Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Dec. 30, 1830|
George Frederick Rester Jr. son of George Sr. and wife Maria Margaretha Mengersdorff was born 16 May, 1765 SC. He died 30 December, 1830 in Red Creek, Perry County, MS. George died by drowning in a rain swollen creek while returning home from selling sweet potatoes and corn.
George Jr. married Louisa Denmark born 17 October, 1768 Bulloch Co. GA. She died 5 August, 1851 MS. She was the daughter of William B. Denmark. Taken from the family Bible.
On November 22, 1807 in Bulloch Co. Frederick Rester executed a Power of Attorney to his son, Gideon Rester, to collect debts due him and to sell and deed any of his property. This action was in preparation to leave Georgia for Mississippi.
On Tuesday 13 October, 1807 Governor John Milledge of Georgia issued a passport to Frederick Rester to travel through the Creek Indian Nation. The three oldest children of this family were already married and had earlier preceded their parents west.
Frederick is listed on the 1820 Census for Hancock Co. MS.
It appears that George Jr. and Louisa Rester were the parents of ten children.
1. Gideon Rester, born about 1784 Bulloch Co.
2. David Rester, born 16 July, 1786 Bulloch Co. GA. married Barbary Ladiner.
3. Elizabeth Rester born 1788 Bulloch Co. GA., died after 1832 when Matthew Carter Jr. wrote a letter to his sister Susanna Mizelle in GA., stating Aunt Sarah was still alive. She married William Pool. William died before 1832. He received a passport from the governor of GA., to pass safely through Creek Nation in 1807. William Pool was in the Mississippi Territory before the Carter's or Goff's.
William and Elizabeth had four children. Sarah must have been Elizabeth's first name. Matthew would call Elizabeth Aunt, because Mary Rester, sister to Elizabeth married Matthew Carter.
a. Sarah Pool, died before 1832 in Perry Co. MS.
b. Harriett Pool
c. David Pool
d. Cassandra Pool
4. William Hezekiah Rester, born 1789 Bulloch Co., married 13 March, 1828 in Hinds Co. MS. to Elizabeth Smith, daughter of David and Elizabeth Smith.
5. Mary Rester, born 1792 Bulloch Co. and died in Jackson Co. MS., about 1813. She married 11 May, 1807 in Bulloch Co. to Matthew Carter Jr., son of Matthew Sr. Matthew and Mary had three children.
A. Elizabeth Carter, born 1808 GA. married Thomas Wilson, born in NC. They were the parents of three children.[**1/17/12 correction:
~ Mary Caroline Wilson Bilbo
~ Francis 'Frank' Wilson
~ Sabra Elmira Wilson Bilbo
~ Seborn Hearn Wilson
~ Nancy Jane Wilson Bilbo***]<-per F.A.G. contributor Linda Ellis
B. Anna Carter, born 1809 GA., married James Wells from Bryant Co. GA.
C. Joseph Carter, born 1811 GA., married Lucinda Goff, daughter of James and Frances Davis Goff.
6. Anna Rester, born 1798 Bulloch Co. married Carlos Ladner.
7. John Rester, born 1800 Bulloch Co., married 1 June, 1829 in Marion Co. MS., Elisa Robertson. Eleven children.
1. Female unknown born about 1830
2. Male unknown born about 1831
3. William Rester, born 1832 MS.
4. Louisiana Rester born 1834
5. Missouri Rester born 1836 MS.
6. Louisa Rester born 1838 MS.
7. Male unknown born about 1839-40
8. Lemuel Rester born 1841 MS.
9. George Rester born 1843
10 Sarah Rester born 1844
11 Margaret Rester born 1847
8. Margaret Rester, born 1802 Bulloch Co. married Thomas Hunt.
9. George Frederick Rester III, born 1807-1808
10. Louisa Rester
George Frederick Rester (1736 - 1795)
Mary Margaretha Mengersdorf Rester (1736 - 1797)
Louisa Denmark Rester (1768 - 1851)*
Gideon Rester (1790 - 1834)*
Mary Rester Carter (1792 - ____)*
Created by: Lynn Rester
Record added: Jul 10, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 73133667
For my 5th great-grandfather, rest in peace and thank you for your service to our country.|
Tina Coulson Fischer
Added: Apr. 24, 2015
We are grateful for the sacrifices of our forefathers in establishing a foundation of freedom & liberty. May God preserve what you and others fought to establish. May the LORD revive America!|
A South Mississippi Descendant
Added: Nov. 27, 2014
From one of your descendants.|
linda sellers chrisman
Added: Dec. 28, 2013
|There are 3 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...