|Birth: ||Feb. 24, 1729|
New London County
|Death: ||Oct. 10, 1815|
Barnabas Allen was b. at Norwich, Conn. Feb. 24, 1728/9, s. of Joseph Allen and Rebecca Fuller and d. Oct. 10, 1815 at Canterbury, Conn., Æ 86. On Apr. 21, 1752 at Windham, Conn. he m. his 1st cousin Elizabeth Fuller, dau. of Rhodolphus Fuller and his first wife Anne Hall. She was. b. Nov. 7, 1728 at Mansfield, Conn. and d. June 9, 1815 at Canterbury, Æ 87.
Barnabas' mother and Elizabeth's father were siblings, children of Sgt. Samuel Fuller, Jr. and Elizabeth Thacher. Sgt. Fuller was the gr.grandson of Edward Fuller of the 1620 Mayflower passage to America. Barnabas and Elizabeth had six children of record at Canterbury:
• i. Silas Allen, b. Feb. 9, 1754, d. Sept. 7, 1825 purportedly at Royalton, OH; m. May 16, 1776 at Canterbury, Mary Cleveland, dau. of Samuel Cleveland and Ruth Darby, b. Feb. 12, 1754 at Canterbury. She d. Oct. 7, 1843 purportedly at Royalton, OH. Three children of record at Canterbury: Lemuel, Whiting and Jedediah.
• ii. Samuel Allen, b. Apr. 1, 1756.
• iii. Jared Allen, b. June 3, 1759; m. Feb. 10, 1783 at Canterbury, Anna Newel of Saratoga, NY. Six children recorded at Canterbury (surname Allen), but perhaps others: Barnabas, Jacob Marsh, Lydia (d.y.), Elizabeth, Clarinda, Rebecca (d.y.).
• iv. Rebecca Allen, b. Aug. 26, 1761, d. Sept. 1, 1784, Æ 25; m. Asa Clark at Canterbury, June 2, 1779. Three children of record at Canterbury (surname Clark): Barnabas (d.y.), Ruby (d.y.), Allen Gates.
• v. Anna Allen, b. Feb. 11, 1764, d. Oct. 18, 1856 at Canterbury, Æ 93; m. Nov. 22, 1786 at Canterbury, Augustus Wood, who d. at Canterbury Aug. 2, 1828, Æ 63. Nine children of record at Canterbury (surname Wood): Orrin, Elvira, Milton, Polly, Lydia, Talitha, Hepsibah, Lora (sic), Rebecca Allen.
• vi. Elizabeth Allen, b. May 12, 1766; purportedly m. John Briggs.
Joseph Allen (1701 - 1777)
Rebecca Fuller Allen (1701 - 1778)
Elizabeth Fuller Allen (1728 - 1815)*
Silas Allen (1754 - 1825)*
Lemuel Allen (1756 - 1794)*
Jared Allen (1759 - 1836)*
Rebecca Allen Clark (1760 - 1784)*
Barnabas Allen (1729 - 1815)
Jemima Allen Clark (1731 - 1817)*
Mary Allen Allen (1736 - 1811)*
Joseph Allen (1739 - 1815)*
Samuel Allen (1740 - 1740)*
Asahel Allen (1742 - 1825)*
Mr. Barnabas Allen,
died October 10, 1815
in the 86th Year of
On the day Barnabas died he was 85 years old, and Ætatis (i.e., Æ, "Aged," in the XX year of her Age) 86.
Old Smith Cemetery
Created by: Don Blauvelt
Record added: Oct 28, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 43624441
Rest in Peace Cousin.|
Added: Nov. 11, 2016
Related to you through my Grandmother Allen - what a wonderful history there are of the Allens|
Added: Jul. 7, 2016
3rd cousin 8xr m: to my 3rd cousin 8xr|
Added: Mar. 1, 2015
|There are 5 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...