|Birth: ||Apr. 25, 1840|
|Death: ||Nov. 21, 1910|
Frances HINELY was born in Effingham County, the daughter of
• Solomon HINELY Sr. (who died in 1846 - he was the son of John HEINLE Jr. & his wife, Mary Barbara) & his second wife,
• Hannah Elizabeth ARNSDORFF (born about 1805, married 1825, died after 1850 - she was the daughter of John George ARNSDORFF & Hannah Elizabeth SHEAROUSE).
Frances was the sister of Solomon HINDLEY Jr., who settled in Savannah.
In 1854 in Effingham County, Frances married
• James PEVY C.S.A.(born about 1830, son of Guilford PEAVY & Dicey MOORE of Screven County), who died 1863 in the service of the Confederacy, and is buried in Troup County. Then, in 1866 in Effingham County, Frances married
• James O. ABBOTT (1832-1914), who is buried beside her.
In 1852 in Effingham County, her elder sister, Elizabeth Amanda HINELY, had become the first wife of Henry H. PEVY, brother of James PEVY.
By her first husband, Frances was the mother of
• Jasper James PEVEY (1855-1913), the husband, first of Sarah GROSS, and then of Mary Louise WILSON,
• T. PEVEY (a daughter, born about 1857, who may have died by 1870),
• Newton L. PEVEY (1859-1901), the husband of Margaret Elvira WILSON, and
• John Lafayette PEVEY (1861-1926), the husband, first of Anna FARMER, and then of Mary J. FARMER, and finally of Eula Rebecca SECKINGER.
By her second husband, Frances was the mother of
• Caroline Amanda ABBOTT (1866-1916), the wife of Charlie HOITT,
• James William ABBOTT (1868-1933), the husband of Laurie Eloise PEAVY (1870-1928), and
• Solomon ABBOTT (1879-1923).
James Peevy (____ - 1863)
James O. Abbott (1832 - 1914)
Newton L. Pevey (1859 - 1901)*
John Lafayette Pevey (1861 - 1926)*
Caroline Amanda Abbott Hoitt (1866 - 1916)*
James William Abbott (1868 - 1933)*
Guyton Christian Church Cemetery
Created by: jrpv
Record added: Mar 04, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 34458461