|Birth: ||Feb. 5, 1815|
|Death: ||Sep. 5, 1886|
Andrew Jackson Hickman was the son of John M. Hickman and Martha Patsy "Marta" Trice. He was first married to Eliza about 1835 in Giles, Tennessee. They had six children:
1. Henry H. T. Hickman ( 1836-1862 ) who married Lucinda Jane Howard on February 18, 1865 in Pope, Arkansas.
2. Samuel H. Hickman ( 1838-1862 ) who died as a Private in Company "B" of the 1st Battallion ( Stirman's Arkansas Cavalry ), CSA in the Civil War
3. John Andrew Hickman ( 1839-1904 ) who married Martha Ann Wilson on August 24, 1865 in Pope, Arkansas. She was the younger sister of Edith Ada "Edy" Wilson who married John's father, Andrew Jackson Hickman. John was a First Lieutenant in Company "B" of the 1st Battallion ( Stirman's Arkansas Cavalry ), CSA in the Civil War.
4. Margaret E. Hickman ( 1842-1860 ) who did not marry. She is last seen in the 1860 Pope, Arkansas Census.
5. Martha Angie Hickman( 1845-1882 ) who was the first wife of Elbert Keith Goates. They were married on February 18, 1869 in Pope, Arkansas.
6. William Franklin Hickman ( 1850-1886 ) who married Martha L. "Matt" Ross on December 22, 1872 in Pope, Arkansas.
It is assumed that Eliza died sometime prior to Andrew Jackson Hickman's second marrige and perhaps she is also buried in the Old Baptist Cemetery. Andrew Jackson Hickman remarried to Edith Ada "Edy" Wilson on January 14, 1855 in Pope, Arkansas. They had no children. She was previously married to Joseph Hickland Turnbow on February 27, 1844 in Pope, Arkansas. After Andrew Jackson Hickman died on September 5, 1886 she remarried as Ephriam C. Lemley, Sr. sixth wife on September 27, 1888. She died on February 4, 1891 in Pope, Arkansas.
Andrew Jackson Hickman is my Great-Great-Great Grandfather.
John Hickman (1794 - 1870)
Martha Patsy Trice Hickman (1794 - 1875)
Edith (Edy) Wilson Lemley (1822 - ____)
Henry H T Hickman (1836 - 1862)*
John Andrew Hickman (1839 - 1904)*
Martha Angie Hickman Goates (1845 - 1882)*
William H Frank Hickman (1850 - 1886)*
Old Baptist Cemetery
Maintained by: Wayne Goates
Originally Created by: Kay Jordan
Record added: Aug 02, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 28729906
Added: Feb. 24, 2016
This is my 1st cousin 5x removed. My mother was a Hickman. They are several still in the Giles/Lawrence County area of Tennessee. I am researching our family. I have just found this. Rest in Peace and Thank you for your service!|
Added: Nov. 18, 2014
Mary Richardson Turner
Added: Nov. 19, 2013
|There are 2 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...