|Death: ||Jul. 25, 1875|
Frederick Zugg Jr. is the son of Frederick Zugg Sr. (1776-1836) and Caroline March (1777-1839). His parents are from Saxony, Germany and immigrated to America about 1804 landing in Baltimore, Maryland. Even though they were married in Germany, they remarried in Maryland in 1815 to make sure a record existed in the new world of their marriage.
Frederick Jr. had at least 3 other brothers: Christian, William and Samuel. There is a possibility that Henry was also a brother but research continues on that line.
Abt 1829, Frederick Jr married Hannah "Anna" Ware, daughter of George Ware Sr. and Naomi Ackley. Hannah was born in Waretown, Gloucester Twp, Gloucester Co., NJ.
Please see Hannah's memorial for list of their children.
Frederick Jr. died 26 Jul 1879 in Keokuk, Lee, Iowa and was buried a few days later in the Oakland cemetery, block 13.
1. 1850 US Census for Frederick Zugg & family living in Tate Township, Clermont, Ohio. Lists Frederick (head) age 47 born abt 1803 in Germany, wife Hannah age 40 born abt 1810 in New Jersey, son Joseph W. age 16 born abt 1834 in Ohio, dau Cordelia A. age 14 born abt 1836 in Ohio, son Addison age 12 born abt 1838 in Ohio, son Enion S. Zugg, male, age 7 born in Ohio, son George W. age 4 born abt 1846 in Ohio, son John Q. age 0 born abt 1850 in Ohio.
2. 1856 Iowa, State Census Collection, 1836-1925. Frederick Zugg was born about 1803 in France. In 1856 he was living in Jackson, Lee, Iowa. Listed with him in this census are his family members: Frederick Zugg, age 53, born in France. Hannah Zugg, age 40 born in New Jersey. Joseph W. Zugg, son, age 21, born in Ohio. Cordelia Ann Zugg, dau, age 19, born in Ohio. Addison Zugg, son, age 18, born in Ohio. Enion S. Zugg, son, age 13, born in Ohio. George Zugg, son, age 7, born in Ohio.
3. 1860 US Census for Frederick Zugg living with wife "Anna" (Hannah) and children in Keokuk, Lee, Iowa. Lists Frederick (head) age 57 born abt 1803 in France, wife Anna age 50 born abt 1810 in New Jersey, son Joseph W. age 25 born abt 1835 in Ohio, son Addison age 22 born abt 1838 in Ohio, dau Caroline A. age 19 born abt 1841 in Ohio, dau Emma age 17 born abt 1843 in Ohio, son George age 15 born abt 1845 in Ohio.
4. Frederick Zugg-City Directory 1871-Keokuk, Iowa. Lists Zugg, Eion, tinner; Zugg, Frederick; Zugg, George, lab.
5. 1870 US Census for Frederick Zugg living with wife and children in Keokuk, Lee, Iowa. Lists Frederick (head) age 63 born abt 1807 in Prussia, wife Hannah age 62 born abt 1808 in New Jersey, son George born abt 1846 in Ohio, son Enos age 27 born abt 1843 in Ohio. Also living here is a female Alma Zugg. She appears to have married either George or Enos and she has a son Clarence Zugg age 3 months.
6. Lee County Genealogy Deaths, 1875.
7. Lee County Genealogy Wills & Probates.
8. Keokuk, Iowa Death Records, Lee Co. IA, Volume I, II, III, Encompassing the years 1867-1885.
Bio & sources written & researched by Rich Ware.
Frederick Zugg (1777 - 1836)
Caroline March Zugg (1772 - 1839)
Hannah Ware Zugg (1810 - 1879)*
George W Zugg (____ - 1894)*
Caroline W. Zugg (1829 - 1839)*
Joseph Ware Zugg (1834 - 1871)*
Addison Sherman Zugg (1836 - 1906)*
John Quincy Adams Zugg (1850 - 1855)*
Maintained by: Sharon J Lusk
Originally Created by: Rich Ware
Record added: Oct 17, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 118863031