|Amanda Catherine Hammer Ross|
|Death: ||Jun. 19, 1854|
6/6/2013 Update for this Cemetery:
Cass City Historical and Genealogical Society today, who confirmed that the cemetery doesn't exist any more. But it was apparently located at the intersection of Crum and Thompson Roads, south of Virginia, IL. On Google maps, this area is just fields, with no evidence of a cemetery"
Many thanks to Linda Ryan for the above Info!
11/28/2012 Bio by Vy Whitaker:
Amanda was born in VA to John Hammer, I do not know her mother's name (it may have been Elizabeth Marcia Snyder). She married Ossian Major Ross in Cass County, IL on 10 Sep 1846. She died in Cass County, IL on 6-19-1854...She and O.M. had five children that I can document:
1) Mary E. Ross-Hockins (Joseph) Mary was b. 1848 in IL;
2) Frances C. Ross-Alexander (Milton C.) she was b. Jan 1849 in IL;
3) Katherine Ruth Ross-Conrad (John) she was b. 16 Nov 1850 in IL;
4) Harriet Ross-Broils(husband unknown 1st Nm) b. abt 1852 in IL
5) John Ross b. Aug 1853 in IL he married Ann M. Hill in 1876.
After Amanda C. Hammer-Ross died at age 27; Ossian Major Ross married Amanda Lee and they had eight children.
May she rest in peace, she died too young at age 27.
Ossian M. Ross (1827 - 1891)
Francis Caroline Ross Alexander (1849 - 1881)*
Katherine Ruth Ross Conrad (1850 - 1928)*
George Bristow Cemetery
Created by: VyAZ Whitaker
Record added: Nov 28, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 101416157