Also known as Howerters Church Cemetery, Howerters Lutheran and Reformed Church Cemetery, Saint Jacobs Church Cemetery, Saint James Lutheran Church Cemetery
Howerter's Road and PA-3010
Line Mountain, Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, 17941 USA Show Map
|Memorials||1,097 added (74% photographed)|
A brief history/timeline of the Church and adjoining Cemetery:
- 1797: Howerter's Church (initially built; the Howerter family had given the most money for the building; a log structure with a balcony)
- 1807: Howerter's Lutheran and Reformed Church (the original log church was replaced with a "modern" church. It was built for both congregations)
- 1810: Jacob's Church (first recorded use by this name)
- 1874: St. Jacob's Church (first recorded use by this name)
- 1893: St. Jacob's Church (a new church building was completed)
- 1894: St. James Church (name of the church was changed)
- 1943: St. James Church (church was destroyed by fire; it was not rebuilt - only the cemetery remains)
- 1943: The Lutheran Congregation relocated to Pitman, Schuylkill Co., PA and built St. James Lutheran Church
- 1953: The Reformed Congregation merged with the Reformed congregation of St. John's Lutheran and Reformed Church (at Leck Kill) and later built Christ Church, near Leck Kill, Northumberland Co., PA
GPS Coordinates: 40.71145, -76.56007
- Added: 2 Jan 2000
- Find A Grave Cemetery: #45193
File Name ·
This photo was not uploaded because this cemetery already has 20 photos
This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this cemetery
Invalid File Type
Birth and death years unknown.
1 photo picked...
2 photos picked...
Uploading 1 Photo
Uploading 2 Photos
1 Photo Uploaded
2 Photos Uploaded
"Not a photo"