THERE ARE NO STONES LEFT,
so please do not place a photo request. The bodies are still here, nobody was moved.
Established in 1829 as the Salina Cemetery. Last burial about 1909. The last grave stones have been buried, and the entire block is now a park, located between Grant Blvd, 2nd North Street, LeMoyne Avenue and Bear Street in what used to be the town of Salina, now part of Syracuse, NY. Many of the citizens buried in this cemetery are mentioned in the book "Pioneer Irish of Onondaga (about 1776-1847)", author: Theresa Bannan, published: 1911 by G.P. Putnam's Sons, New York - London.
The First Ward Cemetery is only one of many cemeteries in Syracuse that have all but vanished over the years:
- Franklin Park Cemetery (now a parking lot)
- St. Joseph's Cemetery (now a grocery store's parking lot)
- Rose Hill Cemetery (defunct, but markers still visible)
- Lodi Cemetery (now a park)
- Salt Springs Cemetery (now a housing development)
- St. Cecilia's Cemetery (now Schiller Park)
- St. Mary's Cemetery (now the Brewster/Boland Garage for SUNY at Van Buren Street)
GPS Coordinates: 43.07538, -76.15806
- Added: 24 Jan 2008
- Find A Grave Cemetery: #2247059
File Name ·
This photo was not uploaded because this cemetery already has 20 photos
This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this cemetery
Invalid File Type
Birth and death years unknown.
1 photo picked...
2 photos picked...
Uploading 1 Photo
Uploading 2 Photos
1 Photo Uploaded
2 Photos Uploaded
"Not a photo"