On the 4th day of August 1801, Sallie Tait of Caswell County, NC deeded the site for Bush Arbor Primitive Baptist Church and its cemetery “to the Baptist now under pastoral care of Barzillai Graves, known as North Country Line Church, for love and good will, 1 acre for purpose of erecting a meeting house and carrying on public worship” (Caswell County NC Deed Book M, page 146). Originally known as Bush Arbor Baptist Meeting House, the church was organized by 1806. The present brick church building was erected amongst a grove of century old oak trees in 1948 and is the third known Bush Arbor church building on this site. The well-maintained cemetery, located adjacent to the church, is still in use today. The first known burial in the church cemetery is 1807.
Notable Elders since 1806:
* Elder Barzillai Graves 1806-1810
* Elder Richard Martin 1810-1834
* Elder John I. Stadler 1834-1860
* Elder Francis Linden Oakley 1863-1890
* Elder Yancey I. Chandler 1890-1916
* Elder Benjamin Franklin McKinney 1916-1928
* Elder William Curry King 1929-1970
* Elder Wallis Art Smith 1970-2006
GPS Coordinates: 36.28777, -79.36855
- Added: 10 May 2003
- Find A Grave Cemetery: #1962653
File Name ·
This photo was not uploaded because this cemetery already has 20 photos
This photo was not uploaded because you have already uploaded 5 photos to this cemetery
Invalid File Type
Birth and death years unknown.
1 photo picked...
2 photos picked...
Uploading 1 Photo
Uploading 2 Photos
1 Photo Uploaded
2 Photos Uploaded
"Not a photo"