Actions
Begin New Search
Refine Last Search
Cemetery Lookup
Add Burial Records
Help with Find A Grave

Top Contributors
Success Stories
Discussion Forums
Find A Grave Store

Log In
sniksnak
Valentine's Day is a day of romance and love, renewing old friendships and making new. Please don't forget the hidden dangers to your pets in those wonderful boxes of candy gifts and lovely bouquets of flowers your beloved one gives you. Many plants are toxic to pets.
Don't leave the candies out - most animals love the sweet taste, especially chocolate. Chocolate is often fatal to animals, especially cats, if consumed in a large quantity and/or over a period of time. The very serious problem with feeding your pet chocolate is that it contains theobromine. Theobromine is a stimulant found in the cocoa bean that increases urination and affects the central nervous system and heart muscle. Symptoms from theobromine poisoning are nervousness, trembling, muscle tremors, increased urination, increased thirst, diarrhea, and vomiting. The more chocolate your pet eats, the more severe their symptoms will become, including seizures, coma, and death. These symptoms can happen quickly or show up to twelve hours later.
THERE IS NO ANTIDOTE FOR CHOCOLATE POISONING IN CATS AND DOGS. The patient MUST be hospitalized for supportive treatment and observation.
Wishing you, your loved ones, and pets a SAFE and very Happy Valentine's Day, Suse

Added by: sniksnak
2/03/2014

Privacy Statement and Terms of Service