|This cemetery belongs to and is managed by Amo Township. The fact that it is next to Amo United Methodist Church which appears in the background here does not mean that the church owns it. Apparently they were associated til 1931 but are not now. It is on 350th St. near the intersection with 400th Ave. in rural Amo Township, Cottonwood County, Minnesota.|
As of 1 December 2010, I consider this reading as complete as possible. I have
1. Created memorial pages for individuals on FindaGrave.com by entering the data from a reading done 3 August 1978 for the Minnesota State Genealogical Society in St. Paul.
2. Photographed all visible headstones and posted the photos to the memorial pages.
3. Created memorial pages for those individuals not in the 1978 reading by entering data from the headstone photos and posting the photos to them.
4. Compared the resulting list to a list generated at the Cottonwood County Historical Society from obituaries and added any additional names.
5. Compared the list to the Sexton's register of internments. It had already been incorporated into the CCHS list.
6. Done a final walk through using a list of names without photographs, to see if I missed any headstones.
7. Provided a copy of the list of headstones which includes birth and death dates to the Cottonwood County Historical Society.
Faithfully, (The Rev.) Marilla J. Whitney