| || member for 2 years, 5 months, 2 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
|No bio available.|
| Contributions to|
Find A GraveNo contributions yet...
|Messages left for Kim (1)||[Leave Message]|
|melanie||RE: treadway bio|
It is so wonderful to hear from you. Unfortunately I have more info on mama's side of the family than daddy's, so I always appreciate when I hear from one of his relatives.
Are you grandpa's cousin on his daddy's or mama's (I assume maternal) side? Most of grandpa Nathan's and grandma Mary's siblings have memorials on findagrave. Daddy used to go with his dad to visit grandpa's uncle Daniel Treadway.
My paternal grandfather, Robert Lee Moore, Sr. was the son of Nathan Edward Moore, Sr. and his first wife, Mary Rebecca Treadway.
Nathan and Mary had nine children who survived to adulthood (there may have been some who died in infancy, but I have no knowledge of that and have found no records indicating that):
1) Cora Viola Moore Moose Moretz (1900--1971)
2) Bertha Elizabeth Moore Benge (1903--1984)
3) Julie Moore Parker (1905--1944)
4) Gertrude Moore Cloninger (1907--1985 died in Cal)
5) Henry Eli Moore (1909--1984--his wife was my paternal grandmother's older sister)
6) Roy Edward Moore (1912--1975)
7) Robert Lee Moore, Sr. (1917--1995)
8) Woodrow Wilson Moore (1919--1996--died in Va)
9) Fay Moore Walsh (1921--1982)--she died in Mich)
My father knew all of his aunts and uncles except Julie. She died prior to his birth, but he met some of her sons and had met her husband. I have also talked to one of Julia's granddaughters through ancestry.com. I was only fortunate enough to meet Eli and Woodrow.
Grandpa was only ten when his mother died, but he told my father about the county doctor coming prior to her death that I recount in her bio. Grandma Mary's obit also only lists the nine children who survived to adulthood that I am aware of (unfortunately I don't know where Gertrude or Woodrow are buried).
After grandma Mary's death, Nathan, Sr. married Sarah Speece? (1910--1986). She shared the some birthday as my father and always made him a rice pudding for their birthday---which he hated, but he was fond of her. Daddy says that his mama always called her Sarah Shuppin, but I don't have any info on her prior to her marriage to grandpa Nathan and other sources give her maiden name as Speece. Of the second set of children, I have only met George.
Nathan's and Sarah's marriage produced 8 children:
1) John William Moore (1929--)
2) Lessie Moore Lambert Robertson (1932--)
3) Kathy (Minnie Bell) Moore Jordan Brooks (1935--2012)
4) Nathan Edward Moore, Jr. (1939--)
5) George Richard Moore (1942--)
6) Polly Moore Hawkins Ladd(1945--after 1968? died on military base in Germany according to daddy, he and her were the same age)
7) Lonnie James Moore (1947--1949)
8) Dorothy Moore Walker (1951--)
I also have a copy of grandpa Nathan's obituary, but I haven't added it to his memorial. The obituary lists seven sons and eight daughters as survivors (Julia and Lonnie James died prior to him).
Again, so nice to hear from you,
Added by melanie on Jul 01, 2013 7:51 PM