|barbara anderson (#47986943)|
| || member for 2 years, 3 months, 12 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
|No bio available.|
|Messages left for barbara anders... (4)||[Leave Message]|
|JL||re: 127077284 & spouse|
Could you please upload larger images?
Added by JL on Aug 24, 2014 1:40 PM
|R & R||Barbour chapel cemetery - photos|
For posting photos to any memorial:
1)You need to be logged in.
2) First verify that the cemetery exists on Find A Grave. (If the cemetery does not exist it would need to be created.)
3)Assuming the cemetery exists you will need to search it for the individual you have a photo for. You can search by placing the name on the headstone into the search box of the main cemetery page (if it is large enough to have one) or you can browse the cemetery names ("View all interments"). Both ways are available on the main cemetery page for that cemetery. (I would not do a site wide search since you could end up not finding what you are searching for.) Be certain to search for name variations if you do not find the person. I like to type in the first one or two letters of the last name only and scroll through the entire list as some people do not input names exactly as they should and it throws off the search.
4)Did you find the person you have a photo for? I will start with YES. I will explain at the end how to add someone if you did not.
5) Found the person - then click on and go to the memorial. (If there are two memorials for the same person only upload the photos to the first one created. You can find creation dates at the bottom of the memorial next to the memorial number.)
6)Some memorials already have a general photo of the cemetery or other photo on the memorial. Below this area on the right of the memorial are two tabs. One is for adding photos, the other for requesting photos (of the headstone by a volunteer near the cemetery).
7) Click on "Add a photo for this person".
8) You must select from the first drop down list the type of photo. "Grave" would be a headstone photo, etc.
9) Click on "choose file" in order for a window to open that allows you to find the photo on your computer hard drive to upload.
10) Find the photo in your files on your hard drive and select it.
11) You will be back at the "choose file" screen with the file name of your photo now showing on the screen.
12) Click "add this photo"
13) You will be taken to another screen that allows you to see the photo that you are adding and add information that will appear below the photo. Some people include transcriptions, notes, information and copyright notices here.
14) When finished click on "add this photo and caption"
VIOLA! If all is perfect in the world then you photo should appear on the memorial. If you get any error codes, read them carefully and they usually tell you what is wrong.
What if there is not a memorial already created? (Steps after the first four above)
5) After you have searched and feel that there is not a memorial for your individual, at the cemetery main page you will see in the options at the top right of the main cemetery page "Add a name to this cemetery"
6) Click this link
7) A Biographical Information page will open. Here you fill in all the information that you know about the individual. (Please keep in mind that completing the fields as they ask to be completed is the only way for the search to work in finding your individual.)
8) Make certain that the name is entered as it is on the headstone. Add other info if you know it, but make certain that variations and other married names are not listed here unless they are on the headstone.
9) When finished, click "proceed to step 2" at the bottom of the page.
Viola! You have created your new memorial and you are able to add your photos just as you would above. (Steps 5 and on above.)
I hope this was clear. If you need any other help or have other questions feel free to email or message and I will be more than happy to help. Good luck!
Added by R & R on Oct 06, 2013 8:11 PM
|R & R||Goldie Massengill Links|
I will try to help as much as I can.
To link a child to a parent one must go to the memorial for the child.
If you are the memorial manager then you log into your account and you will see on the left side of the memorial under the birth and death dates the "Link Family Members" link.
By clicking this you would then open a page that allows you to enter the memorial number for each of the parents. Make certain after entering the memorial number into the correct space that you only click on "save changes" at the bottom of this edit area once so that you will have the chance to see the name of the parents you have tried to link next to the box where you entered the memorial number. This gives you the chance to double check the link - I have mixed up the mom and dad on more than one occasion.
If all is good then click on "save changes" again and it will create the link and you can go back to the memorial.
If you are not the manager of the memorial of the child then you must send an edit through the edit tab at the top right of the memorial of the child to the memorial manager and ask that they make the link(s) to the parent(s).
Be sure to provide the name and the memorial number for each parent and state which is which. I know that sounds silly with some of them but I had a family once that the father had a female name and the mother a male name on their headstones. Confused me to no end at first.
As for spouses, you can create the link from either of the spouse's (wife or husband)memorials. Use the same "Link Family Members" if you are the memorial manager and you will see the spouse area under the parents area.
Or send the edit from the spouse memorial if you are not with the name and the memorial number of the spouse.
Yes, you are able to link someone who is not buried - cremated. You must first make certain that the person has a memorial created and that it correctly states that the person was cremated and that the ashes are with family, friends, etc. This will keep it from being removed as a burial unknown down the road some day.
Follow the same methods as above to create the links.
If I have confused you, you can send me an email or message and I can walk you through it. Sometimes my thoughts are faster than my fingers. I am happy to help.
Added by R & R on Oct 06, 2013 7:41 PM
|R & R||RE: thank you|
Welcome to Find A Grave!
We are not related to either. Please let us know if you would like transfers.
So that we remember who we are transferring and to which member, please try to include the memorial numbers or names in the request as well as your name or member number. We have several conversations and requests right now and would hate to transfer the wrong memorials - yes it happens occasionally.
Thank you and have a great week.
Tammy & Ray
Added by R & R on May 15, 2013 8:59 AM
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service