|John Adam Farris (#47923421)|
| || member for 1 year, 6 months, 9 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Short Biography of John Adam Farris 06 September 2012|
* Born & educated in Albuquerque
* Received BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from UNM
* Served two years as a Lt. In the USAF in hydraulic system R&D at WPAFB.
* Worked as engineer, company executive & consultant for Pall Corporation for 45 years, mostly on Long Island, NY
* Aging mother got him into genealogy when he asked what he could give her & she asked him to find their Long Island ancestors
* By the time he found them, he was hooked on family history
* John returned to Albuquerque after retirement in 1999 & continues his family research
* Has extended his research using the computer, classic genealogy & DNA studies
· Has located six new living cousins using Y-DNA & he has met four of them.
· Spoke to Albuquerque Genealogy Society on "How DNA Tests Can Enrich Your Family History" in October 2009. He gave similar talks to the ABQ & Santa Fe Chapters of the SAR.
* Sings in the choir of the First Presbyterian Church where he also is an inactive Elder & Deacon.
* He also sings two concerts a year with the UNM Chorus. He is a second bass.
* He is a licensed pilot for single engine aircraft with an instrument rating as well as a glider rating. He is a member of the Albuquerque Soaring Club & is part owner of a 1957 V-tailed 4-passenger Bonanza H35.
* He is an active member of the Sons of the American Revolution.
* With his wife they travel and host as part of the New Mexico Chapter of Friendship Force International.
* This photograph was taken at the 28 June 2008 Celebration the installation of the SAR Patriot Marker in front of the gravestone of Pvt. Joseph BARNES Jr. My hand is on the top of his gravestone.
|Messages left for John Adam Farri... (5)||[Leave Message]|
|LisaBee, Texas||Adam Memorials|
Can you believe I have FINALLY made the transfer?? I do apologize for taking so long to do the task. My weekends aren't long enough to keep up with everything I need/want to do. It may take awhile but will do it....eventually! Thank you for sponsoring the memorial and that of his wife Eleanor Johnson-Adam. I will go ahead and transfer her to you as well.
Thank you for sponsoring his memorial.
Added by KatyD on Sep 19, 2012 1:14 PM
WOW, you're amazing!
Added by ProgBase on Sep 17, 2012 1:40 PM
Thank you AGAIN for your generosity! :-)
Added by ProgBase on Sep 15, 2012 3:33 PM
Thank you SO much for helping the work here to continue! :-)
Added by ProgBase on Sep 15, 2012 3:31 PM
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service