|Rita Hagerty (#47521180)|
| || member for 1 year, 11 months, 25 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I have been interested in genealogy since the 1980s. Now that I am retired, I am very active with local groups/organizations and volunteering for different activities through the local RSVP. I try to devote more time to my "searching" too. With all of the advances for searching on-line now I have found several ancestors and relation that I did not even know about! Since I have become acquainted with Find A Grave, I have found so many of my ancestors. I try to enter as many of my relation and my late husband's relation as possible. I have been entering some of the local cemeteries in Knox Co. and some surrounding counties from information in cemetery books. By doing so I hope it will help others find their loved ones. I try to fulfill photo requests locally as my time allows. While doing this, I also photograph some of the surrounding, deteriorating, unusual, babies, young children, and veteran stones. |
You have my permission to use any of the photos I have taken and have put on this site. I am happy to help others freely in this cause. It would be nice if you gave me credit for the photos I have taken. Of course, it is always nice to be asked; that way you know you are helping people. If someone else provides the photograph for me, I try to give them credit in the photo's caption area. Please take up-close, careful shots of photos on graves! Many may never been seen again, after you leave, as they are quickly disappearing. A family may have no other photo, and may not even know that one existed, if you pass it by. Also please crop your photos so they may be read easier.
I will gladly make additions and corrections but please make them through the Find A Grave site by clicking on the edit tab of the person's memorial. That way an e-mail comes to me with links to the person's memorial; if requesting links, please provide numbers of the memorials you wish to have linked. I try to check the memorials that I enter so that I do not duplicate any earlier memorials, but sometimes this happens.
I try to follow the Find A Grave rules regarding transfers unless the person is my relation. However, other transfers will be considered.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION OR OBITUARIES IN A VIRTUAL FLOWER per Find A Grave Guidelines.
Find a Grave Guidelines can be found on the left side of this page by "clicking" on "Help with Find A Grave".
|Find A Grave Friends|
Allen Helderman, Brittany Hewitt, Cathy Griggs, Cathy Martin, David Ballard, Donna Reel Klei..., Jeanette, Julie Armstrong..., jvaughan, Karen Mandel, Kelley Hill Woo..., Lady In Black, marilyn june me..., Martie Stotlar, Michael McCoy, Mindy Wessel, Nicholas Armstr..., Paul Armstrong, Peggy Wilkerson..., R.W.Van Meter, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for Rita Hagerty (325)||[Leave Message]|
|Lynette Miller||John Ballard Photo|
Thank you so much for taking the time to find and photo this gravestone. It's a fabulous picture and looks so alive with the red flowers. I had reached my limit of photo requests and couldn't request the only other three Ballard gravestones in this same cemetery that don't have photos. If you're interested, the other photos still needed are:
#63115774 Charles Monroe Ballard
#85060923 Doris Ballard
#63115794 Mary Ruth Ballard
I believe each of these memorials have plots on them. Thank you again for such a wonderful picture. Lynette Miller
|Ace||RE: Timothy J Lynch #106812143|
Hi! Thanks for the additional picture. I have been communicating with one of the other soldiers he served with. He was very happy to hear that the grave is now marked. Thanks for making his day! Ace
Added by Ace on May 16, 2013 9:08 PM
|Trudy Davis||Bernard Mangin|
Thank you so much for your great picture of the Mangin's tombstone. Thanks.
thanks so much for filling one of my requests!! WILZ was added and I really thank you for helping.
|Jackie Dare||Sidney & Mary Greenwell|
Thank you so much for adding the headstone photo for Sidney & Mary Greenwell. I appreciate your time and thoughtfulness.
|Walter C. Burgner||Elizabeth Price Pennington|
Isaac Pennington and Elizabeth Price children
1. William E. Pennington was born on 5 May 1822, Lincoln Co., Kentucky, died 28 December 1863, Knox Co., Indiana, married Rebecca Robinson 1839-40.
2. Berrilla Jane Pennington was born on 22 June 1824, Lincoln Co., Kentucky, died 2 January 1892, Knox Co., Indiana, married George M. Holmes 18 January 1840
3. Job Pennington was born in 1828, White Co., Illinois, died in 1870 Knox Co. Indiana and married Christine Steffey 3 October 1845
4. Benjamin Price Pennington was born in 1829, White Co., Illinois, died 28 February 1878, Knox Co., Indiana, married (1) Lucinda Westfall 25 September 1856 (2) Mary A. Lamb 17 June 1877.
5. Matthais Pennington was born on 2 April 1833, Knox Co., Indiana, died 25 March 1849 Knox Co. Indiana He is buried Upper Indiana Presbyterian Church Cemetery.
6. Jane Pennington was born in 1836, Knox Co., Indiana, died 1875, Knox Co. Indiana, she married William Fellows 26 November 1853
7. Mary Pennington was born in 1840, Knox Co., Indiana, died 13 November 1908, Knox Co., Indiana, married (1) William Mallory 6 November 1855 (2) William Angleton 29 August 1867.
8. Thomas Pennington was born in 1843, Knox Co., Indiana, died January 1880, Knox Co., Indiana, married Mary Jackson 10 July 1872
9. Eliza Pennington was born in 1846, Knox Co., Indiana, died 29 September 1910, Knox Co., Indiana, married Alexander Osborne 26 May 1864.
|Kurt Johnson||Austin & Thelma Mangin|
Thanks for the pictures of their marker.
|Sarah Ashley||Thank you|
I was pleased to see John Tevebaugh's headstone posted. Thank you for fulfilling my request!
|Trudy Davis||Leon & Lucille Valin|
Thank you for the photos of Leon & Lucille Valin's grave. I appreciate it.
|Trudy Davis||Fred & Genevie Massie|
Thank you for the great photo of the head stone, it is very much appreciated.
|[View all messages...]|
Accuracy and Copyright Disclaimer