|Dorsey Barnes Drane (#47384117)|
| || member for 7 years, 12 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Son of Walter Hugh Drane III and Inez Barnes, I was born July 4, 1940, in Los Angeles, California. I am now retired and living in Silverton, Oregon, with my wife.|
My wife, Penelope Anne LaMora, daughter of Royal LaMora and Shirley Hartman, was born January 20, 1941, in Watertown, New York. We married in Las Vegas, Nevada, on April 13, 1960.
Here's my Facebook page.
My Genealogy Resources...
• The Lee Family of Hounsfield, N.Y. and Related Families, 2nd Ed., by Walter John Coates, Litt. D.
• The Boshart Family Copy No. 2, by Ernest Nohle (A PDF file)
• My Axton family census notes
• My Barnes family census notes
• My Brannon family census notes
• My Dening family census notes
• My Drane family census notes
• My Hartman family census notes
• My LaMora family census notes
• My Lester family census notes
• My Luttrell family census notes
• My Meiss family census notes
• My Nall family census notes
• My Spencer family census notes
• HTML for Find A Grave (my notes)
|Find A Grave Friends|
Anne Cady, blue_eyes, clara, D Ann, Deborah Ayers, dranet, Georgia Girl, Glenda Crenshaw..., H L Dodd, Karen, Larry David Dra..., Lavona Ninman, Lillie Riney, Lynda Becker, Panola County G..., Patsy Curliss-L..., sandra scranto..., Terry Passmore, Vera Hall Cox
|Messages left for Dorsey Barnes D... (2)||[Leave Message]|
|Cecil Vaden Jr.||Beulah Drane @ Forest Park|
I see you added a picture request for Beulah Drane @ Forest Park Cemetery in Houston. If you would call the cemetery at 713-928-5141 and get a "SECTION" and "LOT" I will try to get the picture you want. This is a very large (225+) acre cemetery and without a location would be very hard to find.
Cecil Vaden Jr
Find A Grave # 46998439
Dorsey said "I requested that a photo be added to this memorial page, but people have been unable to locate the grave. Are you sure it's there?
Maybe you could add a note indicating where you think it's located. The plot description didn't help."
Hi, please look at the memorial closely. The note section says "Source: City of Shawnee" This was created from their burial records. That plot location is theirs, not mine.
Also, that cemetery has a lot of sections without headstones as do many other older cemeteries. Lack of a headstone is not an accurate indication of no burial, especially one that died in 1921.
Having "lived in" the city's records for several months, I can tell you it's terrible. Lots of typos and errors when you compare the records to the headstones. This cemetery is one of the worse ones I've seen regarding their records.
That's all I can really tell you. You'll need to contact the city to investigate further.
Added by Mark on Oct 19, 2012 9:05 AM
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service