|Linda Koski (#47311203)|
| || member for 6 years, 2 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Thanks to all of the "cousins" who have preceded me here and posted my relatives on Findagrave. Hopefully, future descendants from my family will find my efforts here both interesting and useful.|
I wanted to add that others who find themselves here that are also descended from Paul and Celia (Keaton) Johnson and are wondering about the rumors of Cherokee ancestry, I had my DNA done at Ancestry and there is absolutely no Native American heritage in my DNA, family lore notwithstanding. Irish was 20%, English 15%, Spain/Italy 8%, and a smidge of Swedish. Since my other half is pure Finnish, this accounts for the Johnson DNA, mixed with the Keetons, Allisons, Jacksons, and Beards of Alabama that came down to me through my mother. A long contemplated mystery solved at last!
|Messages left for Linda Koski (15)||[Leave Message]|
|J. Spaulding||RE: Alexander Beard Sr. and Jr.|
Hey There, Wonderful Linda,
The death date I found for "Senior" was ....July 09, 1849.
The problem with THAT date is...
Alexander Beard enumerated on the Sept 5th 1850 census, as age 73:
1850 Subdivision 2, Lincoln County, Tennessee, Sept 5, 1850, by Alford BEARDEN, Family 147
Alexander Beard 73 (1777), Farmer, NC (1777)
Elizebeth Beard 62 (1788), SC
Samuel G. Beard 22 (1828), Ten
Charles M. Beard 18 (1832), Ten
Elizebeth Beard 32 (1818), Ten
The dates for "Junior" were from the enumeration of Flatwoods Cemetery taken by Floyd GUTHRIE.
His list showed Nancy's grave as being there as well. I called to talk to Floyd after walking that cemetery four times, never locating her headstone.
Floyd stated his records indicates at the time he enumerated Flatwoods, there was in fact a marker. It could have been broken, buried in mud with a rain, or REMOVED....BUT! i went to that cemetery specifically to take a picture. Never did.
Thanks for keeping me in the loop.
Judy McGOUGH Spaulding in California
|John Harralson||Donald O. Koski|
From early 1961 to August 1964 I worked at the Northbrook, Illinois post office. I made a number of friends there, including Don. In 1964 I left Northbrook for the University of Missouri, and after graduation I moved to New York City. I did not keep in touch with people in Illinois, and I was sad to learn that Don had passed away. Don and I were both part time students at Wright jr college in Chicago. When I left I think Don had plans to eventually attend law school. I know that he had relatives in Michigan and often talked of fondly of them. I wonder if you could provide me any more details of his life after Northbrook?
Thanks - John Harralson
|Deborah Windham- Beasley||RE: Headstone pics|
My pleasure to help!
|Ed & Sue Anderson||Johnson, William W--41887327|
It seems that the confusion on the site of multiple Prospect cemeteries in Walker Co. has finally been sorted out. Although our posting for William is older, we are not related so we have posted the headstone photo to 101154287 and if you will post William's photo to the same memorial we will delete our posting.
Ed Anderson #46739770
email me email@example.com
Added by Nubbin on Mar 12, 2014 1:19 PM
|TheBlueJar||RE: RE:defunct old Finnish Cemetery, Trenary|
I love the reference books we can read online even if they are just certain pages, you never know what you will find
I believe that there is a good instruction there on where the cemetery is so I shall go by that...when I got time again
Thanks for the link, that is some interesting reading. I love to know what was here first after the Native Americans
|J. Spaulding||Sara Menervia Beard|
Thank you for posting information on my Gr-Great Grandmother Nancy CLARK BEARD ib your website.
At the Old Flatwoods cemetery, Nauvoo, Walker County, Alabama, also buried is Nancy's daughter named:
Sara Menervia Beard McGough
born March 1856 Tennessee (per census)
Married 1871 to Peter "Pete" McGOUGH (January 14, 1851 - January 22, 1919) (son of William B.
Mc GOUGH and Welthy Ann NIX, all buried at Old Flatwoods).
On Menervia's tombstone there is no birth information, only her name with "Died 1927". Menervia is buried next to Pete.They are my Great Grandparents.
Children of PETER MCGOUGH and SARA BEARD are:
1. SARAH2 MCGOUGH, b. Abt. 1872.
2. VICTORIA MCGOUGH, b. Abt. 1874.
3. JOHN ANDREW MCGOUGH, b. January 16, 1875 d. April 26, 1957; m. SARAH FRANCES ROBERTS
4. GEORGE ELLIOT MCGOUGH, b. August 1877, Killed in Ark; m. MARGARET E. MARY CAGLE, March 23, 1898, AL, Divorced.
5. MARY MCGOUGH, b. 1880 d. 1983; m. WILL GUNTER, September 16, 1898, Walker Co AL
6. NANCY W. MCGOUGH, b. 1882, d. June 1928, age 44; m. JOHN RILEY BRAY, February 12, 1897, Walker Co AL.
7. CLEO PATRIE MCGOUGH, b. January 14, 1883 d. August 07, 1909, age 26, m. GILFORD HARDIN, February 02, 1908, Walker Co AL.
8. PETER MCGOUGH, b. May 05, 1885 d. August 23, 1907, age 22 y 2 m 22 days, (Tombstone list died May 1907) m. CLEO BEAVERS, January 16, 1906, Walker County, Alabama.
9. JAMES "JIM" MCGOUGH, b. March 07, 1888 d. November 18, 1920, age 31; m. BARBARA ANN D. BAUGHN, August 20, 1908, Walker Co AL; (after Jim's death Barbara Ann married his brother Richard); d. July 23, 1973.
10. BENJAMIN "HARRISON" MCGOUGH, b. November 10, 1888 Walker County, AL, d. October 24, 1966, age 78, Winfield Hosp, Winfield, Marion County, Alabama; m. LOUIE HAYES, June 25, 1911, Walker CO, AL by Elder T. (Thomas) P. (Perry) Swindle @ res J. O. Kitchen's.
(Grandparents to Judy McGough Spaulding.)
11. RICHARD "RICH" MCGOUGH, b. September 24, 1891, served Alabama Pvt Med Repl Unit 39 WWII (per grave marker); d. April 30, 1952; m. BARBARA ANN D. BAUGHN, October 17, 1921, Walker Co AL
12. THOMAS MCKINLEY "KINLEY" MCGOUGH, b. February 1893, served Alabama PVT US Army (per grave marker); d. April 19, 1932, Ts Reads: Thomas M. McGough, Alabama, Pvt U.S. Army, April 12, 1938"; m. MILLIA ELLISON, September 04, 1922, Walker County, Alabama.
If you would consider adding the above information to your Findagrave website, I would appreciate it.
Again, thank you!
Judy Spaulding in California
|Diane Wood||Nellie McGough|
I updated the information that you provided for me on Nellie McGough's memorial. Thank you so much for sharing :)
Old Finnish Cemetery (Defunct)
Do you have any idea about where this cemetery is?
I am working on getting the unmapped cemeteries on Find A Grave in Michigan mapped. I cannot find any references to this cemetery online
Look at Ethan Johnson grave I have added some pictues to it
Added by Nubbin on May 07, 2012 6:56 PM
|[View all messages...]|