|Maureen Solomon (#47168585)|
| || member for 5 years, 2 months, 8 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
|We live in Arvada Colorado which is just northwest of Denver and 30 minutes south of Boulder. My genealogical research has extended over a period of about 30 years and taken most lines back to the mid 1700's or early 1800's. Family names include Gillett, O'Hair, Wood, McPeak, Scott, Miller, Warnock, Crawford, Richards, Roberts, Robertson, Elledge, Michels, Jefferson, Richmond, Sheppard, Jewett/Juett, Northam, Short, Greer, Gunn, McKenzie, Lydick, Standiford, Woodburn, Dakan.|
Always happy to help others find their roots!
|Messages left for Maureen Solomon (49)||[Leave Message]|
If I've got it right, memorial #83410719 should be added as a son to both #42178873 and #28280599.
Added by G C on Oct 14, 2014 9:35 AM
Still searching for Jeptha Robertson's parents, can you help? Thank you classmate and distant cousin Maureen?
|Anna Schultz||Gideon Buckmaster request|
I am adding 2 better views of this stone for you. This memorial should read Infant daughter. I adjusted my close view image the best I could and you can see it says Infant dau. I'm also adding a better view on Martha Tuttle Buckmaster's memorial.68484111
|Will Chalk||Jewett - Sheppard|
I just send you a private email about information of what I have about Jewett's and Sheppard's. Hope this will help you out!
|jessicado||RE: Reuben Simpson Roberts|
No relation on my end...would you like a transfer? :)Jessica
|Debbie J||RE: Levina crawford|
Would you please move them to Burchett-Plummer Cemetery? That is where they are buried. There wasn't a photo request for her.
Added by Debbie J on Jul 27, 2012 5:56 AM
|Mayflower Pilgrim 332||Fred W. Ranney|
Father: Warren Ranney, #13798361 &
Mother: Eveline Ranney, #85208301.
Please link the above people to your Fred W. Ranney site. Thanks so much.
|Carol||Stephens, Grace and Ruth|
I just discovered your website and was pleased to find photographs of the headstones for many of my Stephens' ancestors. It appears there is some confusion as to the relationships of this large family. Following is information that may help to clarify their identities:
1. Mary E. is Mary Elizabeth McDermand-Troyer-Stephens. Our records show that Mary Elizabeth McDermand married David Troyer November 17, 1842 in Norfolk Co., Ontario, Canada. They had three daughters and he died November 16, 1857 in Troyer Flats, Norfolk Co., Ontario.
After David Troyer's death, Mary Elizabeth McDermand-Troyer married Edwin Stephens on March 13, 1859. They had five children, including James Warren Stephens (the oldest) who was born on May 2, 1860 in Clear Creek, Ontario Canada, and Howard Lee Stephens (the youngest) who was born April 23, 1869 in Henry, Illinois. Edwin died in Florida in 1886 and is buried there next to his sister.
2. My records indicate that James Warren Stephens and Mary Alice Richards (daughter of Robert Richards and Julia Anne Edmiston) obtained a marriage license on July 11, 1882 and were married on July 12, 1882 in Elk County, Kansas. They had eight children, including William Riley Stephens, who was born January 9, 1885, in Elk County, Kansas.
3. Howard Lee Stephens married Louisa Troyer from Illinois in 1890. They had one daughter, Grace L. Stephens, who was born in January of 1891. Louisa died in 1892. Howard and Mina Ellen Gardiner obtained a marriage license in May of 1893, were married, and had four sons.
4. William Riley Stephens and Grace Stephens, who were first cousins sharing the same grandparents, Edwin Stephens and Mary Elizabeth McDermand, were married in 1907. They had four children: Dorothy Alice, Ruth, James Robert, and William Earl, and were expecting another one. Grace died January 17, 1916, and Ruth died two weeks later, both of pneumonia. Grace was 25 and Ruth, who we believe was born in March of 1910, would have been 5. The headstone for Grace Stephens and Ruth Stephens represents an expectant mother (Grace) carrying her unborn child, and her young daughter, Ruth.
5. In addition, I show that William Edwin Stephens, another brother of James Warren Stephens, married Janet Emma Bennett, who was born December 22, 1870 and died in 1968. The marker for Janet E. Stephens seems to be her gravesite.
6. Mary M. appears to be Mary Mae Stephens, who was born September 16, 1902, and died August 19, 1996. She is the daughter of William Edwin and Janet Emma Stephens, and granddaughter of James Warren and Mary Alice (Richards) Stephens.
I am the daughter of Dorothy Alice Stephens, granddaughter of William Riley and Grace Stephens, and also granddaughter of Howard Lee and Louisa (Troyer) Stephens. James Warren and Mary Alice (Richards) Stephens were my great-grandparents. Edwin and Mary Elizabeth (McDermand-Troyer) Stephens, Robert and Julia Anne (Edmisten) Richards, and Mr. and Mrs. Troyer were my great-great grandparents.
Hopefully this will be of some help to those of you trying to figure out our family. If anyone has more information on the Stephens, McDermand, Richards, Edmisten, or Troyer families, we would appreciate hearing from you.
Added by Carol on Dec 15, 2011 3:17 PM
|Jay Boone||RE: Richards in Rural Vale Cemetery|
My pleasure to be of assistance. I was in Elk Co., Kansas on a trip and noticed your requests for photo at Rural Vale and when I looked at the death dates of those buried at the cemetery decided I wanted to see the cemetery. If I didn't have my GPS with me I wouldn't have found the cemetery as from the road only the top of one headstone was visible.
|Jay Boone||Rural Vale cemetery|
I went to Rural Vale (Fiat) cemetery today and took two of the photos you requested (Jaley May and Robert Richards). I took photos of all of the headstones that were readable, or at least partially readable, at the cemetery and added them to findagrave. I also added a couple of cemetery pictures so you can see what kind of condition the cemetery is in. I could not find the headstone of Julia Richards. I didn't delete your request for the photo though because the cemetery is in such bad shape that it is possibly there and I missed it.
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service