| || member for 5 years, 4 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
Statue: Maitreya, The World Teacher|
To contact me about a memorial, leave a public message below or click on the edit button on a memorial you have a comment or question about. I do not contact through e-mail addresses. Thank-you to all who have added pictures, links and flowers to my memorials.
|Messages left for R.J. (2)||[Leave Message]|
|Emily McBride||Margery Virginia Kirtland|
From the ONEONTA STAR:
Mrs Virginia Freeman, 64, of 171 East St., died Dec. 1 at Fox Hospital, where she had been a patient for eight days. Funeral services will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Brewster, with the Rev. Ernest Johns, rector of St. Andrew's, and the Rev. Basil Law, rector of St. John's Church, Bronx, officiating. Her body will be cremated at Ferncllff Crematory, Hartsdale. Mrs. Freeman was born in Kansas March 17, 1904. She was first married to Harold G. Schryver, who died in 1944. She later was married to Dr. Paul W. Freeman, who died in 1966. An interior decorator, she had lived in Oneonta for only 2 months, and previously lived in Carmel. She was a member of Federated Garden Club of America, Putnam Community Hospital Auxiliary, and American Institute of Interior Designers. She is survived by one daughter, Mrs. Howard (Betty) Stapley, 171 East St.; one sister, Mrs. Rosman Kruse, Reno, Nev.; two step-daughters, Mrs. Barbara Daglian, Ossining, Mrs. Georgia Messemer, Topanga, Calif,; and six grandchildren. Friends may call at Bookhout Funeral Home at their convenience on Tuesday. The family has requested that flowers be omitted.
|Emily Emmerson||RE: Nathan Crawford|
Thanks for your reply!
The Nathaniel M. Crawford who drew land in the Cherokee land lottery lived in Oglethorpe County and was probably Nathaniel Macon Crawford (1811-1871), who was born and raised there. He was a cousin of this Nathan.
Nathan did have two brothers whose middle names were Maxwell. It looks to me like his parents followed tradition pretty closely in naming their sons:
1. David Maxwell Crawford (named after his mother's father, David Maxwell)
2. Joel Crawford (named after his father's father, Joel Crawford)
3. Nathan Crawford (named after his father's eldest brother, Nathan Crawford)
4. Edward Maxwell Crawford (named after his mother's only brother, Edward Maxwell)
5. William Harris Crawford (named after his father's fourth eldest brother, William Harris Crawford, the names of the second and third eldest brothers, Joel and David, having already been used)
6. Charles Anderson Crawford (named after his father's fifth eldest brother, Charles Anderson Crawford)
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service