| || member for 5 years, 8 months, 9 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
1. SEND SOURCE INFO. When sending info for inclusion on memorials I have entered, please include your source (where you found it, or how you know it). If I think the info is questionable, I might not add it, or will note who sent it to me.|
2. MANNERS COUNT. I appreciate POLITE requests and corrections. If you don't know how to use the words, "please," and "thank you," or can't be bothered, then please don't bother at all.
3. I TRANSFER. Aside from my own family, and close friends, I do not hoard memorials. POLITE requests for your family (close, OR distant), and close friends will all be considered. If I am even remotely related, I will not transfer. I will keep my friends, unless your relationship is significantly closer. If you are prone to entering sloppy memorials with incorrect info, I will think twice about a transfer.
4. YOUR PHOTOS: Please don't add bad photos to memorials I have entered, i.e. photos where you can be seen reflected in the stone, your car is in the background, the stone is covered in bird poop, or leaves, or dirt, your dog, or kid can be seen, or photos taken at a carelessly crooked angle, or ones with more "white space," than gravestone (NO need to crop ALL the white space out, and photos of entire family plots are the exception). Please do not add photographs of new graves in their entirety, with no grass growing on the freshly up-turned dirt. Please do not add photos of the temporary plastic grave markers placed by the funeral home, or photos of the gravestone, prior to inscribing of the DOD for new burials--if you do, please anticipate that I will request a removal when a photo of a fully inscribed gravestone has been posted. I spend a lot of time to make attractive, respectful memorials. Your help with that is appreciated.
5. MY PHOTOS, those of gravestones and cemeteries, may be used without my permission, EXCEPT on ancestry.com, or any site which requires an exchange of money. There is no need to give me credit and in fact, I would prefer that you don't. However, please do not post one of my original photos to a Find A Grave memorial yourself. Politely make a request and I will gladly add, if appropriate.
6. CAUSES OF DEATH are a matter of public record. If you are related to an individual who has a cause of death posted in their memorial, and you are disturbed by the posting of that cause, I will remove it, upon polite request.
7. I VOLUNTEER. As another member has noted on their profile, I'm not getting paid to do this. Nope, not a penny. I sometimes get behind in doing corrections, updates, etc. Your patience is appreciated. If you can't wait, you may send the edit request to Find A Grave.
8. LIVING PEOPLE: Please don't add memorials for them, especially, if you haven't yet entered a memorial for YOURSELF. Not only is it against policy, but it's just a horrendous thing to do to someone, without their consent.
9. LIVE & LET LIVE. I am all for receiving and sending updates, corrections, etc. I appreciate notification when I have added a duplicate and will notify others of duplicates. Beyond that, I do not consider myself to be on the Find A Grave police squad, and neither should you. Please allow me to tend to the memorials I have entered. If I add something you don't like to a memorial you have entered, or to that of a family member's, please point it out to me POLITELY. Vague references to Find A Grave policies are not helpful in specific instances--I have entered hundreds of memorials and manage hundreds more. Above all, please remember that Find A Grave IS NOT REAL. The internet is NOT TANGIBLE. What does that mean? In the grand scheme of life, this is small stuff and could go "poof" in an instant.
10. To those who are all about the numbers: THERE IS NO END TO DEAD PEOPLE. Just because I might enter a memorial you wanted to enter, doesn't mean you can't enter one for someone else. There are plenty for all.
In Honor of Our Fallen Brave . . .
In Flanders Fields, 1919, by John McCrae
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
THANK YOU to everyone who sends info and corrections for memorials I have entered. Time does not permit me to thank everyone for each individual contribution, but please know that they are appreciated!
In case I have missed anyone, THANK YOU to the PHOTO VOLUNTEERS who have fulfilled my requests--much appreciated!
MANY THANKS to those MEMBERS who have entered memorials for members of my family and who have had the kindness to transfer them to me--you're the BEST!
|Find A Grave Friends|
Ann Tindall, BAK, Barbara Crossle..., Cemeterywlkr, Darlene Marshal..., EL, Find A Grave, Find A Grave, Gen Hobby, GLENDA EISENHOU..., Har37x, Hultquist, Jack, Jim Thorpe, Kathy Margrave, Kathy's kin n m..., Lilbuddy, Louis Mata, Michael Delatou..., owen v braun, sally v houston, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for HJ (500)||[Leave Message]|
|Geraldine Ingersoll||Inez Mae Langford Norden|
I added her middle name, as requested. Thank you for letting me know.
|GLENDA EISENHOUR||RE: Memorial# 63365046|
Thanks for the new photos. This appears to be another cemetery in not very good shape. Glad to have the photos posted.
I'd hate to miss spell my husbands Aunt's name
|Diane K||Vera Muraro|
Thanks so much on the duplicate catch! Taken care of.
Have a great day.
Added by Diane K on May 15, 2013 1:46 AM
|K. Roberts||RE: Memorial # 85765887|
Photo request filled a promise concerning Zearing name.
She should being seeing it today.
|mary wilken||Marcacci and Rowland|
Thanks for the transfer.
|Carl Bennett||RE: Carrie Harper|
OK. Thank you for doing that checking.
|Carl Bennett||RE: Carrie Harper|
Thank you. I wouldn't say my source is above making an error. I will just list her as Carrie Durley Harper for now.
|P.C. Croissant||RE: Sharp Graves|
I hope I haven't been too much of a pest while I make connections, send corrections, and wish for more information. So many threads to weave together, mysteries to solve, and so little time.
I appreciate everything you've done and offered to do, in my quest for a family tapestry. Seeing the memorials and knowing that the people are gone, makes me want to write down everything I remember about them. I do have photos to add (when I can borrow a scanner) and many bios I could edit. So, thank you for offering to transfer. I will do that if it would be easier than sending you edits.
|P.C. Croissant||RE: Albert Flohr|
Yes I think it was a ring which had the Masonic symbol. He was a businessman (grocer).
|[View all messages...]|
Accuracy and Copyright Disclaimer