|Lisa Stalnaker (#46893021)|
| || member for 9 years, 6 months, 5 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
If you would like to add a photo all you need do is click on the Add Photo button. If there isnít any room left, contact me and Iíll see what we can do.
If you would like to add biographical information you can contact me and I'll be happy to post it.
If any corrections are needed use the Edit buttons, which is findagrave's preferred method.
I will be happy to transfer to anyone who has a closer relationship to the deceased than I do. Please be prepared to show your lineage if asked.
If you sponsor a memorial I'll transfer to you. You pay for it, it's yours.
You have my permission to use any of the photos I have posted. For anyone else who has posted photos to the memorials I manage, you will have to get permission from them and follow their guidelines, though.
If you've visited a memorial page, it's lovely if you leave flowers to honor and commemorate the deceased.
The latest trend on findagrave is for people to insist upon documentary evidence before they will approve a simple Edit request. The problem has become so pervasive I find it necessary to address the issue on my profile page.
There is nothing wrong with wanting something in the way of evidence if the requested Edit conflicts with what is already on the memorial page. Or if the Manager of the memorial is in possession of documents or evidence which conflicts with the requested Edit.
However, there are some individuals at findagrave who have implemented the policy of demanding documentation as a routine habit and for nearly every edit request presented to them. These people just flat out state on their profile pages that if they don't get what they want they'll decline the edit request(s) and refuse any further communication. It's bullying, it's obstructionist.
PLEASE BE REMINDED: ďDocumentation for the first five types of edits (name, dates and places of birth and death, links, plot information and inscriptions) IS NOT REQUIRED. The system is set up so that those edits can be made quickly.Ē See findagrave rules and the Community Forum which has discussed this topic to the point of exhaustion.
For those who have made this practice a standard operating procedure:
1. Please examine whether or not your need for additional info is really necessary in order to approve a simple edit request. Is there a conflict in the data, or are you just trying to control others?
2. Please make your request for additional information POLITE, and state your reason for needing more info in your query.
3. Do NOT insist upon non-existent records as the ONLY source of documentation you will accept (i.e., a birth record for someone born in 1797).
4. Do NOT insist upon ONLY documentation which comes from free websites. If YOU want it, please be prepared to PAY for it. It is not my responsibility to do so for you. Findagrave management does not expect that from me, and neither will you. If you are unwilling to pay for the records you insist upon examining before processing an edit request, then DONíT ASK.
5. If you are unprepared to be reasonable in your requests, accept the supporting evidence in whatever form or location it can be found in, or communicate on the topic, then just approve the edit requests or let the system do it for you. Ditch the drama.
6. The system is set up to make edit requests quick, easy and painless. Please try to work with the system instead of against it. There is no valid reason to make this more difficult, cumbersome and tedious.
7. Please remember that the memorial pages will always be in a state of flux. People submit edit requests in order to correct errors or enhance the memorial page with additional information. They don't submit edit requests just ruin your day. Tone down the attitude of arrogance and self-entitlement. Although you are allowed a great deal of control over the memorials you manage you are still expected to exert an attitude of cooperation with others.
8. If you are having difficulty with a particular individual whose requests are frequently filled with errors, please try to work with that individual rather than just implementing a personal policy of demanding supporting evidence for all requests. This runs counter to the system currently in place, and only results in an even increased workload for yourself. Why make a mountain out of a molehill?
Finally, if it becomes too much for you to handle, you always have the option of transferring the memorial(s) to someone else.
Sometimes the best way to solve the problem is to stop participating in the problem.
As I have in the past I will continue to provide my sources when requested, documents and records as well. I do not have a problem with providing such records when the request is polite and within reason, or communicating with the managers of memorials. Please remember that for the first five edits (name, bd and dd dates and locations, links to parents and spouses, inscription, and plot location) providing you with this information in order for you to approve these simple edits is a COURTESY, not a requirement.
Blessings and thank you.
|Messages left for Lisa Stalnaker (31)||[Leave Message]|
|Scout||RE: Benjamin Price family|
Thank you so much. We are always happy to hear we have made a difference.
Added by Scout on Aug 25, 2016 8:59 AM
|KathyFournierJillson||RE: Sarah E Price # 150100973|
Thank you for your help getting this straight. Let me know if it still is tangled up. A year ago I walked and photographed the whole cemetery. If I still have the photos, I will get a copy onto her husband's memorial. This summer has been too hot so far for this old body to do big projects. I will get back out soon. Sincerely, Kathy J
|The Pealers||Elizabeth Houser|
I have added the information that you gave me to Elizabeth's bio section of her memorial. Thanks for the info.
|DLLW||RE: # 154118987|
You are very welcome.
Added by DLLW on Aug 23, 2016 3:25 PM
|Richard Waldron||RE: Charles Clymer # 122737751|
The Clymers were my 5th Great Grandparents on my maternal Grand Fathers side. I would be happy to add your information to their memorials.
|The Pealers||RE: Thank you|
I would be happy to add the transcription of the obituary to the memorial's bio section. Just send it my way.
|Carolina Grave Hunter||Kate Boyles Bingham|
I found his daughter after searching because of the news article you sent and and submitted edit for parental links. Woo HOO and thanks again.
Her page number is 59725542.
|Carolina Grave Hunter||S. A. Boyles|
Thank you so very much for the news article/obit for Mr. Boyles. I have added it to him memorial page.
Thanks for your hard for on this site!!!
|Joyce Niswander||Elizabeth (Clymer) Smith|
Please send me your source or sources for the edits on Elizabeth (Clymer) Smith. #50902987
I would appreciate a source that is reliable and can be checked out without paying for the info.
|Shane||RE: # 112624841 for James McNall|
Very welcome. Happy to help.
Added by Shane on Aug 08, 2016 6:52 PM
|[View all messages...]|