|Louise Irene Leach Boyd (#47066968)|
| || member for 6 years, 6 months, 23 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I am so excited about doing family research and genealogy. My husband says I am addicted and he is right!|
I am researching Leach; Garrison; Brewington; Gaddis; Hood; Teachout; Snider; Crandall; Reid; Ames; Vaughn; Mann; Kelly; as well as other lines.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or I can do anything for you.
Together, Dana and I love to go "grave-yarding" and take photos of headstones for findagrave.com. It is sometimes very challenging but always rewarding.
Eteral Hills Memorial Par...
Grace Lawn Cemetery
Sugar Grove Cemetery
|Messages left for Louise Irene Le... (87)||[Leave Message]|
|Volunteer Shelly||RE: HOWARD LEAMING|
You are very welcome. Glad to be able to help.
|Volunteer Shelly||RE: LEAMING|
You are very welcome. Glad to help.
|Donna Ledington||Alexander Kennedy|
I don't see an Alexander Kennedy in my family line, but if one turns up I'll let you know.
|Terry Gosselin||RE: AMELIA LEACH BOWEN|
I have deleted my memorial now that Patrice took care of your photo request, transferring the photo from the memorial I created onto your memorial.
|Terry Gosselin||RE: AMELIA LEACH BOWEN|
Before I delete my memorial, I will have to contact Patrice to transfer her photo of the stone onto your memorial. Please amend your memorial to show that both her married names are on the stone of Bennett Bowen. Thank you. Terry
I had a Photo Of Blanche M Leach she is on the same marker with Gerald R Leach I transfer her to you. Good Luck
Added by Mike Cox on Mar 12, 2015 6:29 PM
|EPS||RE: ORVILLE TELL SNIDER|
Sorry I do not have a picture.
Added by EPS on Mar 04, 2015 11:13 AM
|Stella Schilling||Orville/Jim Snider memorial|
I have checked & here is what I found.
1. Elmwood Cemetery records list Orville T. Snider, born 2/12/1900, died 1/12/1929, location in the cemetery is Lot24-Range14-Grave1.
2. If you go to this location in the cemetery you will find the stone listing the name, Jim Snider.
3. The cemetery records do NOT list a Jim Snider.
4. There are times that a record is added according to the information on the stone.
5. The memorial #5243209 that you gave was for a Virgil Abbott in Sterretania Cem. in Erie Co., PA.
6. The correct memorial # for this Jim Snider is 52432094, which would be in the exact location as records show are for Orville Snider.
7. When I received a photo request for Orville Snider & found his location with the stone showing the name of Jim Snider I added the photo to demonstrate the error.
8. The age of the stone does not match the year of the death, so it would appear that the stone was place much later after the death.
9. If we find proof of what is actually correct I will be glad to change my part of it.
|P. Vaughn||RE: VAUGHN ANCESTRY|
You may have remembered by now that we've already discussed the Benner/Teachout/Vaughn/Stewart families. Although my maiden name is VAUGHN, these Vaughn's are my husband's family. He is the grandson of Howard R. Benner, making Betsey Vaughn his 2nd great grandmother.
I have found additional information on the Vaughns though. They moved to Middleburg, Cuyahoga, Ohio in 1810 from Middleburgh, Columbia, New York, and were actually the 2nd family in town. They located on the banks of the Rocky River. Betsey's father was Ephraim Vaughn s/o Jonathan Vaughn s/o Edward Vaughn. Ephraim had at least one brother named Richard who also lived in Middleburgh, OH. (There was also a William Vaughn that I have not yet placed...I think he was a younger brother or possibly an Uncle).
Jonathan Vaughn built a sawmill on the banks of the Rocky River where they located at the time of their arrival to town. Ephraim was well known and highly respected and became the first Justice of the Peace in their little town; he also built a log Gristmill further up the river north of town and north of his father's sawmill.
An interesting tidbit: A neighbor and apparently close friend (for many years) of Ephraim was SILAS BECKETT, whom he named his second son after.
This family has been a lot of fun to research! Hope this gives you what you're looking for.
|Bonnie||RE: HARRY HALL|
Credit is not necessary but if you want you may.
Added by Bonnie on Jan 21, 2015 9:23 AM
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service