|Brian J. Ensley (#47190867)|
| || member for 4 years, 10 months, 17 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I have been involved with genealogy since around 1982 and have published several books on area cemeteries as well as local history. It has been my goal to document as many cemeteries in my area as possible before much of the information is lost to time. Besides transcribing cemeteries I have recently found the value in photographing headstones as a way to help preserve this valuable information for future generations. It seems that most families have that one person who seems to answer a calling in life to be the family historian- I guess that's me as well as for my wife's family.|
What I find incredible- I went from using a typewriter and carbon paper in the early 1980's, to now being able to take a photo of a headstone and upload it to this site instantly while in the cemetery, from my iphone.
If you want to see why what we do is so important and photographing headstones in order to preserve the information for future generations is vital, check out Blough Cemetery to see how a cemetery's condition can change in 15 years. This is NOT a numbers game- Again, it is a quest to preserve our heritage for future generations.
Now for the "Fine Print...:"
1) If you suggest any corrections/links, PLEASE use the edit link on the memorial and include all pertinent information. Also, if I have created a memorial that is a relative, please feel free to ask to have it transferred. Just be sure to include your member number and relationship. If transferred, would appreciate any information that I have added remain intact after transfer. If I do not transfer a memorial, it is only because it is a relative of mine as well, unless you're more closely or directly related.
2) If I have a photo on here, I am the copyright holder unless I cite the source in the caption from another contributor. If it is a photo that I own, please feel free to use it in your own personal family tree such as Ancestry.com. HOWEVER, on any of my photos, be sure to cite the source to give proper credit.
3) When I add memorials for non-relatives, I try to be as complete and accurate as possible, and I do so with the same care and respect as I would for my own family member.
4) If I post a photo on a memorial in which you had already posted one, please don't take offense- sometimes additional photos under other conditions (ie- light, weather, etc.) can provide a whole different perspective. Many times I've swapped out my own photos when conditions were different the second time around and the new photo had more detail, especially with worn stones. If you are the owner of that memorial and don't want someone else's photos just ask and I will remove it. Likewise, if you have a photo to add to mine that can help enhance the memorial, please feel free to contribute.
5) Please show proper etiquette when it comes to people volunteering their time and gas. A simple thank you goes a long way. If you want multiple monuments photographed, please take the time to create a memorial for each person rather than attach a message to one request asking for multiple photos or "everyone else in that cemetery with the same surname."
6) Through my publisher I have published over a dozen books just on cemetery transcriptions alone, taking the time to carefully transcribe hundreds of cemeteries. I've noticed that people have taken that work to enter memorials "en masse" and are then uncooperative when it comes to transferring, correcting, linking and editing these memorials for family members and other researchers. This is not a numbers game so I would encourage a team approach in this project.
I appreciate all of the hard work my fellow volunteers and contributors have made to this site!
|Find A Grave Friends|
Amanda Smith, b g, Barb Kopshina, Barbara Farlow, Bill Daugherty, Caral, Charles Patters..., Daryl Mallett &..., deanna mardis- ..., Emily Marsh, Harold howell, Judy Jones, Kim "Karns" Bow..., Lori , Michael S. Cald..., Michelle ϰ..., MKoestler, Mona Anderson, MoonLitPath9, Patricia R Reed, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for Brian J. Ensley (2171)||[Leave Message]|
|Connie Meeks Duffey||RE: Link|
I had sent links for the Link family before I sent you the message yesterday... Some folks just don't check findagrave everyday, like I do...
|Connie Meeks Duffey||Missing Link|
I am sooo excited about all of this information. Thank you so much!
Getting this info this morning was almost like waking up on Christmas morning :)
Have a great day and thanks again....
Looking forward to future adventures!
|Connie Meeks Duffey||Link|
I just found Bertha....Link at Benshoff...and you are the one that manages those memorials :)
|Connie Meeks Duffey||Benshoff Hill Cemetery|
Since I am down here in the south, I have no idea how close this cemetery is to you. On the other side of the family are the Links. Jacob and wife are buried in this cemetery. His son Raymond and his wife Irene I have yet to locate a burial record. I looked at this cemetery, but didn't know of a special web address to ck to see if there is a record of their burial here.
Raymond Link died in 1904-1984, his wife after him. He worked in the steel mill. They had one daughter Doris M. that moved to Georgia, with her children.
If you have any way of cking on this cemetery also for the "missing Links" Raymond and Irene, it would be most helpful.
|Connie Meeks Duffey||RE: Jacqueline Basile Miller|
Please be sure to get Andrew...that is awesome. Check near him to see if by chance Joseph Basile may be near him and just didn't get listed for some reason.
Andrew and Mary were married, but ........ thus the reason they are not buried together.
Joseph and Jacqueline are their children...
they have another daughter Sandra, but I have not located any information that she has passed away.
Thanks for everything. Hope your weather is going to be as lovely as ours.
|Connie Meeks Duffey||RE: Jacqueline Basile Miller|
I was hoping the message came from you and you would keep a check for it. On familysearch.org it shows he is at this very cemetery. Strange.
I am now realizing just how many Basiles there are. I was hoping his father Andrew 1917-1999, would be there also, but am not having any luck finding his records.
Thank you for your help in this matter. I haven't been to PA in years, and would love to come back. Johnstown has so much history.
I am going to add you to my friend list. Again, thanks for your help.
|Connie Meeks Duffey||Jacqueline Basile Miller|
thank you so much for the photo of this gravesite. I also requested one for Joseph A. Basile, but recd an email that he was not there...however, the records show he was buried there, perhaps nearby Mary Basile, his mother.
Anyway, thanks so much!
|G. Charles Ogline Lantay (aka Gregory P. Lantay)||RE: Jennie S. Lape|
I have deleted the two memorials I'd cretaed 8/27/2014 for Catherine Lape 134963506 and Phillip 134966997. Note that I had spelled KAT with an E and not an a
with phoillip he old Memorial #10284928 had one L instead of the two O had. ALL CORRECTED NOW, Thank you
Also, Jennie S. Lape obit was corrected to read she died March 15, 1985 in Cumberland, Allegheny County, Maryland. The problem noe did she die as Jebnnie Custer or did she remarry having beem widowed in 1957. My assumption is that she remarried, had another surname that she died with but was buried as Jennie Lape Custer. The Funeral Director Leisure & Stein thathandled the FunerAL IN 1985 IS NO LONGER IN business and since Jennie had no children with Joseph we'll never know... or do you know the surname she died as?
Thank you Chas
|bcullisi1||RE: George William Dunmyer|
Thank You for his obituary and the added information.
|G. Charles Ogline Lantay (aka Gregory P. Lantay)||Jennie S. Lape|
Thank you for your Find A Grave message. Be advised that I am unable to locate an obit date in 1985, or even her name in the SSDI. I'll change the memorial's dod year date to 1985 and the middle initial per the tombstone photo but either of needs to locate her death certificate or an obit to verify. Also I added Find A Grave Memorials for Catherine Zimmeerman Lape & Phillip Lape. I notice several of their children have Find A Grave memorials that need to be linked to the parents. Find A Grave Memorials 134963506 and 134966997
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service