Actions
Begin New Search
Refine Last Search
Cemetery Lookup
Add Burial Records
Help with Find A Grave

Top Contributors
Success Stories
Discussion Forums
Find A Grave Store

Log In
Bob Orr (#47010310)
 member for 6 years, 2 months, 3 days
[Add to MyFriends]
Bio and Links
No bio available.
 Contact:
or
Leave Public Message
 Forums: Bob Orr
Contributions to
Find A Grave
 • 3,066 Memorials Added
 • 3,540 Memorials Managed
 • 9 Memorials/week
 • 1,522 Photos
 • 310 Photo Requests
 • 14 Volunteer Photos Taken
 • 1 Friend
Search Contributor's Records

 
First NameLast Name

Find A Grave Friends
Dave
Messages left for Bob Orr (614)[Leave Message]
Drew McKerlie
Simmerman
Hey, I managed to stop by the Old Methodist Cemetery in Burlington last week but after walking the cemetery I was unable to find your two photo request. I did find and photograph a George Simmerman and beside him were possibly two unmarked graves that might possibly be the two you were looking for. Sadly a lot of the headstones within this cemetery that are limestone are very hard to read or no longer standing.
Added by Drew McKerlie on Jul 22, 2014 5:53 PM
Helen
RE: John Merritt
Hi Bob!

The info on John Merritt came from a publication, 'Portrait and Biographical Record of Boone, Clinton and Hendricks County, Ind. - 1895. It is available online.

Also check in 'History of Clinton County 1886', also online, - there is mention of Orr's, and it says that it was John's father, Adam Merritt who settled on the Orr farm.
http://books.google.com/books?id=R9Y_AAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=intitle:History+intitle:of+intitle:Indiana+intitle:together+intitle:with+intitle:sketches+intitle:of+intitle:its+intitle:cities+intitle:villages+intitle:and+intitle:towns&lr=lang_en&as_drrb_is=q&as_minm_is=0&as_miny_is=&as_maxm_is=0&as_maxy_is=&as_brr=1&as_pt=BOOKS&cd=4#v=onepage&q=orr&f=false

All I know of Robert Orr of that time period is that he did live with the Merritt's, how long I don't know. That info came from the census.

Here is a link to what I believe may be Robert's parents and siblings.
https://archive.org/stream/portraitbiographbch00chic#page/820/mode/2up/search/orr

Someday I hope to make it up that way and visit the cemetery where John is buried.

Good luck in your search.
Helen
Added by Helen on Jul 21, 2014 3:59 PM
Patrice
RE: Maple Hill Cem.
You are welcome. I have looked a few times for her and finally found her. I was so happy to see the stone hidden behind the big Clark stone. Sorry, the stone isn't in very good condition.
Added by Patrice on Jul 21, 2014 3:17 PM
Donnie Ruyle
Lowell Thomas McCollom
Bob: Thank you for posting the information I sent you for Lowell. You are one of the top 10% who will post information that is sent to them. The other 90 % are not interested in doing so.
Added by Donnie Ruyle on Jul 21, 2014 6:20 AM
Dianne C. Carman
RE: Canfield Village Cem.
I see so many Orrs in different cemeteries and often wonder if they are ones you may need.Anything I can help you with let me know.

in friendship....Dianne
Added by Dianne C. Carman on Jul 21, 2014 4:37 AM
Susan Seacord Jackson
RE: Greenwich Cem.
You are very welcome. Glad I could help.
Added by Susan Seacord Jackson on Jul 20, 2014 12:58 PM
Charles McCartney
RE: Forest Park East Cem.
There was no marker for Marshall Heisey Walker, so I posted the Walker family monument to his memorial page. All other family members have a marker, including:

Marshall Timmons "Timmie" Walker
Find A Grave Memorial# 116729376

Vallie Merril Heisey Walker
Find A Grave Memorial# 116729343


Added by Charles McCartney on Jul 20, 2014 10:03 AM
K. Medved
RE: Roselawn Cem.
You are very welcome. Kay
Added by K. Medved on Jul 14, 2014 8:09 AM
K. Medved
Orr and Cater
Just to let you know I posted pictures for Ord and Althela Orr, Marilee Cater, Ruth Orr Potter, and Dorsey and Iva Orr.
Added by K. Medved on Jul 13, 2014 9:14 PM
arrowkeeper
RE: Crown Hill Cem.
You are very welcome. I am so glad to be of some help.
Bob Hubbard
arrowkeeper
Added by arrowkeeper on Jul 10, 2014 2:27 PM
[View all messages...]
 

Privacy Statement and Terms of Service