| || member for 6 years, 1 month, 2 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
❶ DUPLICATE MEMORIALS
• Before creating a memorial, please search THOROUGHLY to see if a record has already been added. ORIGINAL creations can likely be found by a site-wide search (which takes no longer than a cemetery search), using NAMES and ANY KNOWN DATES.
• When I find burial/cremation/correct cemetery information for an existing BU/wrong cemetery memorial, I do the polite thing, and write to the CURRENT/ORIGINAL memorial manager, and just give them the information. I do it that way, rather than create a memorial (with the info I found), and then have the gall to expect them to remove "their duplicate", just because I was the one that "found" the grave for someone else's existing, first-created memorial.
❷ TRANSFER GUIDELINES / REQUESTS
• If your Transfer Request falls outside of the Guidelines, I once considered each on an individual basis (as a courtesy), but I have discontinued that because of a really bad experience with another "contributor".
• Therefore, effective Sunday, July 17, 2011, no out-of-guidelines Transfer Requests will be honored (that especially includes requests where no family connection is claimed at all).
❸ HONORING VETERANS
• I have a soft spot in my heart for veterans, and believe that they deserve our thanks and appreciation.
• My beloved late father was a World War II combat vet, having served in the ...
~ United States Army
~ 82nd Airborne Division
~ 325th Glider Infantry Regiment
~ Company A
~ First Battalion
❹ MY FIND A GRAVE PHILOSOPHIES
• The individuals memorialized on Find A Grave meant something to somebody, and I do not take that lightly!
• All "Virtual Flowers" that I put on memorials are genuine, and from the heart, whether I knew that individual or not.
• And please do not suggest that I "review the FAQs", as we are all human, and mistakes are made. I MIND MY OWN BUSINESS ... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOURSELF?
• I was raised with good manners, and I require good manners in any Find A Grave correspondence sent to me!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
*** UPDATE AS OF WED, JUNE 19, 2013 ***
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
• If your Find A Grave messages even have a HINT of being:
✔Demanding ✔Disrespectful ✔Falsely Accusatory
✔Harassing ✔Nasty ✔Rude ✔Slanderous
✔Threatening, etc (all of which I experienced from one particular "contributor" on Wednesday, June 19, 2013), YOU WILL BE IGNORED, AND REPORTED, JUST AS THAT "CONTRIBUTOR" WAS!
❺ NAMING CONVENTIONS
• Unless the legal name contains a hyphen or an apostrophe ... punctuation should not be included in the memorial name.
• If the deceased female was never married, the surname still belongs in the Last Name field, NOT in the Maiden Name field."
❻ SUGGEST A CORRECTION
• Click on the "Edit" tab on the upper right of the memorial, and then click "Suggest A Correction" to submit additional BONA FIDE details/information/links to the memorial manager.
• Please do not enter SAC information through "Leave A Public Message", on a "Photo Caption", or as a "Virtual Flower" on any of the memorials I manage.
• There is an allowable 30 day time frame to act on SACs, so one notice to me is sufficient.
• I am getting way too many SACs from Find A Grave "Visitors". Please make sure you are logged into Find A Grave before sending me SACs.
• STATE YOUR SOURCE(S) WHEN SENDING ME ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
❼ VIRTUAL CEMETERIES
• You may want to consider putting memorials in "Virtual Cemeteries", as they are great ways to keep folks "together".
|Find A Grave Friends|
"Remembrance Ma..., Andrena's Daugh..., Arthur Allen "A..., B24CoPilotNiece, babyteeth07, Barbara Hunnicu..., becky hubbard, Brad, Brenda Reilley ..., Carrie Bias Ho..., Cherry Reynolds..., Cindy Allman, Clarence Bailey, countedx58, CWGC/ABMC, David Clay, David Oxford, Deanna Bustad, Debbie, Dennis, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for KATHY (632)||[Leave Message]|
|Jill Nelson||lillie e duehning 1891-1919|
made correction. Are you related? She is my ex husbands paternal grandmother. email@example.com
Thank you Kathy for answering my note!
I am unfortunately ON THE COAST-downtown Rehoboth Beach--and boy did we have snow!! Sometimes its a blessing and sometimes? LOL.
I see you too have been having issues with "rudeness"..I accumulated several thousand memorials from findagrave that had belonged to a fallen graver, to fix...guess I have to get a crystal ball, lol, as some are really mixed up, BUT to fix they sometimes take some detailed digging which takes up time. In the meantime, I get rude, arrogant, bizarre notes, edits,emails etc.(why I no longer have an email addy on my page).
Thank you again for the info, every bit helps!
Enjoy the weekend!
Added by gennie on Aug 15, 2014 11:05 PM
Hi thank you for the info, I had started her but we had hurricane issues and power had gone out while I was doing her memorial...I forgot where I had left off when it came back on. HOW is it you Knew the info? Is she a relative? Would you like her transfered?
Added by gennie on Aug 15, 2014 11:24 AM
Thank you so much for the burial information for Vern! I had no idea that his wife decided to have him inurned, it was a nice surprise this morning. Edit has been done. Thanks again,
Added by 天使 on Aug 12, 2014 8:07 AM
|Dominique Potier||Claude V Kanady|
Find A Grave Memorial# 131505536
Hi Kathy, Thanks for the corrections. Check and see if I should do anything more.
Added by Ralph on Aug 03, 2014 2:54 PM
|LADONNA GREER COLLETT||pictures and edits|
Hi Kathy,I appreciate your acceptance of my photo's if I put it on one of your memorials where you may already have one . Sometimes I'm able to get a photo that can be seen a little better than the one listed. I in no way mean to step on anyone's toes, that why I ask that person to look at the photo, and if they still want theirs, I'll gladly delete mine. As you do I try to do as good a job as I can on memorials.I feel if we're trying to create a memorial for someone, it's our job to do the best we can.Also thank you for being willing to add my edits.I hope I don't overwhelm you sometimes.
|Theresa Ardoin Van Meter||RE: Earl Bernard Goldate (#46101212)|
You are so very welcome. We are honored to fulfill this request, and thankful and blessed by his, and your father's, service.
|Robert Fowler||Clinton Bassett|
Kathy, thank you for taking the time to provide the information on Clinton Bassett's site. It grieves me when I am unable to ascertain that information and I am getting worse at it as time goes by. It feels like a tomb of the unknown when the final resting place is not found. That is not the case for Clinton, thanks to you. Thank you for doing that. No thanks ever necessary for visiting your father. He is a part of a Saturday morning ritual and every time I visit the site of someone who served in the All Americans, it is your father's photos that come to mind. Have a great week and thank you again.
|Ted DeLozier||RE: Romdall and Bohrn / Eliza DeLozier|
I am certainly not offended with information, but I do have some crazies offering false information to deal with...Then, if you ask them "where" does your information come from or ask for documents, they say I have ATTACKED them??? Sure do see a lot of information online that is way out of whack..But - some fits and is good - so we wade thru it?
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service