|Bio and Links|
Greetings from Rutland County, Vermont! |
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Saint Josephs Cemetery, Rutland, Vt. Mostly photographed and memorials will continue to be added. It will be completed in spring 2015.
Use the edit tab on the upper right hand corner of the memorial in question.
I will decline the following:
- LINKS TO BURIAL UNKNOWNS. See here and here. If you did not know the final disposition, you should not have made a memorial.
- Links to duplicates.
- Dates estimated from the date of death. Dates from the census.
- Death locations from the SSDI, because there aren't any death locations in the SSDI, it's the last residence or where last benefit was sent. (source)
- Military ranks for anyone EXCEPT retired military or those who died in the service.
- Naming convention violations. Especially for women - last name as on the stone, no matter how many marriages. No multiple names in maiden or last name fields.
- Via old style edit: post-1922 obits, other copyrighted material.
If I decline something, and you are sure you are correct, contact me (nicely) via old style edit with what you have. I will have a second look.
If you ever need to know where some piece of info I send came from, ask & I'll be happy to tell you.
Within guidelines, yes! Always! Please state your exact relationship in your request.
Out of guidelines...tell me your relationship, if you are not a collector, and if you don't have burial unknowns, duplicates etc. chances are good I'll transfer if the person is not in the direct line of me or my husband. You have to send a separate edit on each memorial you request or it will be ignored.
USE OF MY PHOTOS
Please feel free to use my photos for your research! No need to ask. All I ask is that if it is going elsewhere on the web, just provide a photo credit stating my name as the photographer. Please use only within reason, do not help yourself to entire cemeteries full of my photos.
The above pertains to MY PHOTOS ONLY, not to other contributors photos. Please refer to site policy.
VERMONT DEATH CERTIFICATES
Those adding memorials based on Vermont death certificates...under final disposition please makes sure it specifies "burial". If it says "vault", "storage", "entombment", you can not know for sure if that is the cemetery where the person ultimately ends up. Many cemeteries do not have any or adequate storage for the winter. There has been difficulty filling photo requests here because people are being listed in the wrong cemeteries based on the death certificates.
-County Cemetery Maps
-Nationwide Gravesite Locator, Dept. of Veterans Affairs
-Rhode Island Historical Cemeteries Commission
-Vermont in the Civil War
-Cemeteries I've Completed
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alan Lathrop, Alice, Anne , Anonymous, Barb Destromp, BarreNative, Bearded Graver, Betty Frain, Bill McKern, Brenda Haven, Bryan Main, Carol Bestick, Carol Page Tils..., Carolyn [Lee] K..., Chazmanbsr, Chuck McGill, CWGC/ABMC, Cynthia Kaley, D. Curtis, D.Carter, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]