| || member for 9 years, 1 month, 12 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
1. SEND SOURCE INFO!!! When sending info for inclusion on memorials I have entered, please include your source (where you found it, or how you know it). This is important. If I think the info is questionable, I might not add it, or will note who sent it to me. I decline to perpetuate errata and will NOT post anything from an unreliable source.|
2. MANNERS COUNT. I appreciate POLITE requests and corrections. If you don't know how to use the words, "please," and "thank you," or can't be bothered, then please don't bother at all. If you send extremely rude, or threatening messages, no matter how subtle, I will forward them to the Find A Grave administrators, without exception.
3. I TRANSFER. Aside from my own family, and close friends, I do not hoard memorials. POLITE requests for your family and friends will all be considered individually. If I am even remotely related, I will not transfer. I will keep my friends, unless your relationship is significantly closer. If you are prone to entering sloppy memorials with incorrect info, I will think twice about a transfer.
4. YOUR PHOTOS: Please don't add bad photos to memorials I have entered, i.e. photos where you can be seen reflected in the stone, your car is in the background, the stone is covered in bird poop, or leaves, or dirt, your dog, or kid can be seen, or photos taken at a carelessly crooked angle, or ones with more "white space," than gravestone (NO need to crop ALL the white space out, and photos of entire family plots are the exception). Please do not add photographs of new graves in their entirety, with no grass growing on the freshly up-turned dirt. Please do not add photos of the temporary plastic grave markers placed by the funeral home, or photos of the gravestone, prior to inscribing of the DOD for new burials--if you do, please anticipate that I will request a removal when a photo of a fully inscribed gravestone has been posted. I spend a lot of time to make attractive, respectful memorials. Your help with that is appreciated.
Note: If the persons grave has no marker, please at least add a photo of the area where the grave is located.
5. MY PHOTOS, those of gravestones and cemeteries, may be used without my permission, EXCEPT on ancestry.com, or any site which requires an exchange of money. There is no need to give me credit and in fact, I would prefer that you don't. However, please do not post one of my original photos to a Find A Grave memorial yourself. Politely make a request and I will gladly add, if appropriate.
6. CAUSES OF DEATH are a matter of public record. If you are related to an individual who has a cause of death posted in their memorial, and you are disturbed by the posting of that cause, I will remove it, upon polite request.
7. I VOLUNTEER. As another member has noted on their profile, I'm not getting paid to do this. Nope, not a penny. I sometimes get behind in doing corrections, updates, etc. Your patience is appreciated. Please remember that edits take time, no one is entitled to my time, and demands are wholly unappreciated (please refer to point #2 above). If you can't wait, you may send the edit request to Find A Grave.
8. LIVING PEOPLE: Please don't add memorials for them, especially, if you haven't yet entered a memorial for YOURSELF. Not only is it against policy, but it's just a horrendous thing to do to someone, without their consent.
9. LIVE & LET LIVE. I am all for receiving and sending updates, corrections, etc. I appreciate notification when I have added a duplicate and will notify others of duplicates. Beyond that, I do not consider myself to be on the Find A Grave police squad, and neither should you. Please allow me to tend to the memorials I have entered. If I add something you don't like to a memorial you have entered, or to that of a family member's, please point it out to me POLITELY. Vague references to Find A Grave policies are not helpful in specific instances--I have entered hundreds of memorials and manage hundreds more. Above all, please remember that Find A Grave IS NOT REAL. The internet is NOT TANGIBLE. What does that mean? In the grand scheme of life, this is small stuff and could go "poof" in an instant.
10. To those who are all about the numbers: THERE IS NO END TO DEAD PEOPLE. Just because I might enter a memorial you wanted to enter, doesn't mean you can't enter one for someone else. There are plenty for all.
In Honor of Our Fallen Brave . . .
In Flanders Fields, 1919, by John McCrae
In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
THANK YOU to everyone who sends info and corrections for memorials I have entered. Time does not permit me to thank everyone for each individual contribution, but please know that they are appreciated!
In case I have missed anyone, THANK YOU to the PHOTO VOLUNTEERS who have fulfilled my requests--much appreciated!
MANY THANKS to those MEMBERS who have entered memorials for members of my family and who have had the kindness to transfer them to me--you're the BEST!
PRIVATELY OWNED CEMETERIES & PHOTOGRAPHY Privately owned cemeteries may regulate the taking of photographs by persons physically within the boundaries of the cemetery property. Please refer to the laws of the relevant state. More discussion may be perused here:
http://legalgenealogist.com/blog/2012/10/22/cemetery-photos-permission-required/ (Courtesy of Find A Grave Member Diehard, profile # 46809256)
Finally, when I die, please no one euphemistically assert that I have "passed." It sounds so impolite, as though a catastrophic gastric feux pas has occurred, and won't fool anyone into thinking I have done something other than dropping DEAD. Geesh, we all do it, so I don't think it is taboo to say it. Furthermore, I shall haunt anyone designating my date of death as an "angel day," or similar nonsense. How presumptuous it would be for anyone, except God, to make such an assumption.
< a href="http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=XXXXXXX">Name< /a>
|Find A Grave Friends|
Ann Tindall, Anonymous, BAK, Barbara Crossle..., Cemeterywlkr, Corey Meyer, Darlene Marshal..., Find A Grave, GLENDA EISENHOU..., Har37x, Hultquist, Jack, Janet Guivens, Jennifer Bauer, Jim & Lori Rowe, Jim Thorpe, John Heider, Katharine P. Py..., Kathy Margrave, Kathy's kin n m..., Lilbuddy, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for HJ (1161)||[Leave Message]|
|Sarah Hofacker||RE: Anna Hauch|
Any idea on how I can find these photos on ebay.
Thanks for all your help.
|Dianne Perry||RE: Edna Keenesnel Wood Hawthorne|
Yes I am a Kimmel....I see the record you referred to on family search and think it is correct. Look at this death certificate.
|Sarah Hofacker||Anna Hauch|
Can you tell me who are the men in the photo?
I believe this was my great grandmother.
|Dianne Perry||RE: Edna Keenesnel Wood Hawthorne|
I am a relative of the Kimmel Family. I still believe this is Kimmel not Keenesnel.
Also, related to Eastman Family my great grandmother was an Eastman. I saw Sarah Smith Eastman's site you manage and thought you might like this site.
|Diane's Spare Time||Phillip Bales|
Sorry, I don't have any info on Phillip Bales or Katie.
|Janice Lapp||RE: John Findley #83814012|
I was trying to fill a request for a photo of his stone & that's how I found there was none left....so, I always ask the Creators,, then, to put a note on the Memorial so everyone will know & not ask, again, for photos.......That old part of the cem. is soooo old. I couldn't find stones for a lot of the requests. Then, I got my car stuck in the mud that was under the grassy drive up to the old part......so, it was not a good day that time !!!
|Janice Lapp||John Findley #83814012|
On the site for Crooked Creek Cem. in Muskingum Co., Ohio would you, Please, put a note on his Memorial that there is NO TOMBSTONE for him so everyone will know ???? I sent you an EDIT message back in March 206, but you must not have seen it, so I am trying this way......Thanks.
|Ann Dysart||RE: David.Child|
Hi back to you, Cousin! Thank you for the David Child addition to his memorial. However, I did not actually transcribe the newspaper notice. I found it posted on-line on the "Illinois Genealogy Trails" page for "Putnam County, Illinois History and Genealogy" under the Deaths tab/Obituaries and Death Notices. I do like to see these articles in old newspapers for myself but have not been able to do so as yet for this one. So the big "Thank You" really goes to the Illinois Genealogy Trails, Putnam County team! Thanks, Ann
Thank you for the transfer. Also, thanks again for all the contributions you have made to Find A Grave. So very much appreciated. -Lynn
Added by LBaum83 on Aug 11, 2016 6:58 PM
|janet donner||Earl Durant|
I realize I have done a duplicate. I am trying to get them merged. But thanks for the head up
|[View all messages...]|