| || member for 2 years, 10 months, 8 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
|Am on vacation this summer. Any emails containing stories and obits will wait til after mid-August. All edits made to EDIT tab will be looked at and verified as soon as I get a chance to look at them. Thank your for your patience! |
To add information, corrections, links, etc., please go to the memorial profile and use the EDIT TAB.
Questions regarding any of my memorials? Please EMAIL me directly, not here in the public domain.
Please ALWAYS be sure to give credit where it's due. You may use my pictures for personal use only, provided you give credit with a statement something like this:
"Photo Courtesy: Dorothy Findagrave #47601262". My photos should not be used for publication in any way or form, without permission or knowledge from me. It's been my pleasure to take photos and share them. I'm still adding pictures as I go through them. I also contribute info and/or create memorials along the way.
I trim my messages occasionally to keep it under control and keep those that I need to do deal with sometime.
A BIG thank you to ALL memorial creators, photographers, and info contributors who take the time and effort to make this project a huge success. It's really the collaborative effort that we all work together to make this Findagrave possible.
I've always had passion in genealogy. Virtually all my roots started in New England 400 years ago, heavily concentrated in CT and MA. It has been a fascinating journey discovering and learning so much more about my family, their migrations westward, and local history along the way. I have found that Findagrave has been an extremely valuable tool, a great asset in my research.
Some links you might be interested in:
FACEBOOK - two genealogy groups:
1) PHELPS Genealogy in America - all Phelps branches welcome
2) RILEY Genealogy in America - all branches welcome
3) www.FTDNA.com is the best source for DNA testing and also has the largest and well-established database. The bonus is they keep the testee's sample for 25 yrs for future tests. I especially urge those who have roots in Colonial New England have their living MALE relatives who carry the surname Phelps, Riley, Reed, Howe, Mason, Avery, Trowbridge, Eaton, Jackson, Kellogg, Ketchum, Olmsted, Stebbins, Bell, Knott, Douglass, Calkins/Caulkins, Carpenter, and so many more - to test their yDNA (FF, i.e. autosomal test called Family Finder is also another great tool, offered through FTDNA). We need your help to establish and confirm the surname branches.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alan Lathrop, Allison Ferris ..., ambs, Amy Veenendall, BArnold, Becki, C & Y Zinn-Hain..., c smith, Candy, Carol Darling, Charlene Ada ( ..., Chris Riley Spe..., Cindy, Claudette Darli..., Concetta, Courtney Phelps, David Clark, David Merritt, Deb Hayes-Wolfe, Debe Clark, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for Dorothy (106)||[Leave Message]|
|Susan Cota||Alexander Gordon|
He is buried in the Potter's Field section of Riverside Cemetery, Menominee, MI. This section has very few grave markers and many of those are illegible. I could not find any of them with his name on it. I'm sorry I could not be of more help in locating his grave.
|DHB||RE: Phoebe Ann|
Its my pleasure to help out in any way I can
Added by DHB on Jun 09, 2014 6:36 PM
|DHB||Phoebe Ann "Tid" Marsh Homer|
Sorry for not locating grave. I didn't know if there was any relatives buried there also. I am going to return soon now that I know her husband is buried there.
Added by DHB on Jun 06, 2014 3:57 PM
|Peggy Sullivan||Memorial #47653548|
I just sent you a msg on Ens Thomas Leffingwell & that his spouse & sibling were one and the same. My mistake. After looking at it some more, found he did in fact have a spouse & sibling with identical years of birth & death and the same name. Hope I'm reading info correctly this time--very confusing. Thanks.
|Peggy Sullivan||Memorial #47653548|
Ens Thomas Leffingwell's memorial shows Mary Leffingwell as both his sibling and his spouse. Spouse reads Mary Bushnell Leffingwell 1654-1745 and sibling reads Mary Leffingwell Bushnell 1654-1745. Thanks.
|David Christopher Benton||Gurdon or Gordon DOUGLAS (1794-1825)|
Hello, Thank you for your e-mail.
* There is one record that documents Gurdon or Gordon DOUGLAS (1794-1825) as dying in Connecticut, so I will change it from Windsor, North Carolina, to Windsor, Connecticut. I guess on that one I just did the lazy thing and copied too much from other trees.
* For his name, I don't know what to do. "Gordon" makes more sense, but it is spelled "Gurdon" on: 1.) New London Vital Records which lists his parents as Daniel & Lucy, and 2.) Hale's Connecticut Cemetery Inscriptions.
* As to the "Douglas" or "Douglass" spelling, I go with "Douglas" only because I hope the one-s spelling will match more Internet searches than the two-s spelling.
You're welcome, I'm going to try and locate this Cemetery and get pictures, have been on this short road but have never located it. Reading was done in the 80's. Larry.
Thanks for the info. If you have future info on any of the memorials I have started, feel free to send without sources. You obviously do your homework!
Added by Theresa on Mar 20, 2014 7:52 AM
I have added the marriage date for Clara and Charles. I have daughter Alice linked to them. I don't have memorials for the other children. If you do, please feel free to link them.
Added by Theresa on Mar 20, 2014 7:30 AM
|Kimmie||RE: Still active?|
please resend the info for the person you are wanting didn't receive any thing from you
Added by Kimmie on Mar 08, 2014 5:58 PM
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service