|Brian J. Ensley (#47190867)|
| || member for 5 years, 9 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I have been involved with genealogy since around 1982 and have published several books on area cemeteries as well as local history. It has been my goal to document as many cemeteries in my area as possible before much of the information is lost to time. Besides transcribing cemeteries I have recently found the value in photographing headstones as a way to help preserve this valuable information for future generations. It seems that most families have that one person who seems to answer a calling in life to be the family historian- I guess that's me as well as for my wife's family.|
What I find incredible- I went from using a typewriter and carbon paper in the early 1980's, to now being able to take a photo of a headstone and upload it to this site instantly while in the cemetery, from my iphone.
If you want to see why what we do is so important and photographing headstones in order to preserve the information for future generations is vital, check out Blough Cemetery to see how a cemetery's condition can change in 15 years. This is NOT a numbers game- Again, it is a quest to preserve our heritage for future generations.
Now for the "Fine Print...:"
1) If you suggest any corrections/links, PLEASE use the edit link on the memorial and include all pertinent information. DO NOT e-mail suggestions, corrections or photo requests directly to me. Also, if I have created a memorial that is a relative, please feel free to ask to have it transferred. Just be sure to include your member number and relationship. If transferred, would appreciate any information that I have added remain intact after transfer. If I do not transfer a memorial, it is only because it is a relative of mine as well, unless you're more closely or directly related.
2) If I have a photo on here, I am the copyright holder unless I cite the source in the caption from another contributor. If it is a photo that I own, please feel free to use it in your own personal family tree such as Ancestry.com. HOWEVER, on any of my photos, be sure to cite the source to give proper credit.
3) When I add memorials for non-relatives, I try to be as complete and accurate as possible, and I do so with the same care and respect as I would for my own family member.
4) If I post a photo on a memorial in which you had already posted one, please don't take offense- sometimes additional photos under other conditions (ie- light, weather, etc.) can provide a whole different perspective. Many times I've swapped out my own photos when conditions were different the second time around and the new photo had more detail, especially with worn stones. If you are the owner of that memorial and don't want someone else's photos just ask and I will remove it. Likewise, if you have a photo to add to mine that can help enhance the memorial, please feel free to contribute.
5) Please show proper etiquette when it comes to people volunteering their time and gas. A simple thank you goes a long way. If you want multiple monuments photographed, please take the time to create a memorial for each person rather than attach a message to one request asking for multiple photos or "everyone else in that cemetery with the same surname."
6) Through my publisher I have published over a dozen books just on cemetery transcriptions alone, taking the time to carefully transcribe hundreds of cemeteries. I've noticed that people have taken that work to enter memorials "en masse" and are then uncooperative when it comes to transferring, correcting, linking and editing these memorials for family members and other researchers. This is not a numbers game so I would encourage a team approach in this project.
7) I will post obituaries to my memorials as long as the proper citation is made to give the proper credit for the source. If family members want their information private, then they should consider not having it published in the local newspaper/website and funeral home website. There is no legal expectation to privacy when the information has been made public. Death certificates are public record as well. As long as these sources are properly cited there should not be an issue in regards to copyright laws.
I appreciate all of the hard work my fellow volunteers and contributors have made to this site!
|Find A Grave Friends|
Amanda Smith, b g, Barb Kopshina, Barbara Farlow, Bill Daugherty, Caral, Charles Patters..., Connie Meeks Du..., Daryl Mallett &..., deanna mardis- ..., Emily Marsh, Harold howell, Judy Jones, Kim "Karns" Bow..., Lori , Michael S. Cald..., Michelle ԁ..., MKoestler, Mona Anderson, MoonLitPath9, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for Brian J. Ensley (2294)||[Leave Message]|
|Sheila (Horn) Strickler||Sechrist|
Thank you so much Brian for the pics of Walter and Margaret. I had friends that were Sechrists as I was growing up, but never thought I would be related to that family, samll world. Thanks again, Sheila
|Tim Wilkinson||Roscoe Custer|
Thank you very much for the gravestone photo. Nice job.
|Tweety Emmett||Cassidy Clan and Mintzers|
Lol. Good luck with your knee surgery, painful healing process, you'll certainly need something to keep your mind busy. Thanks again.
|Tweety Emmett||Thomas, Gertrude, Raymond, Dorthy Cassidy, & Mintzers|
Regarding my Cassidy Clan, and two cemeteries with quite a bit of distance between the two. You've been busy, thank you so very much for all of your hard work, I certainly know how involved it is to do the volunteer work that you do. I see you found two more family members and thank you for creating memorials for them, I am assuming they are Gertrude Mintzer Cassidy's parents.
I know how time consuming it can be, I just want to say I appreciate your help. Thank you so very much. You have a wonderful day.
|D K LeRoy||Burdette Bowers Memorial # 29230291|
Thank you for taking the picture of the tombstone of Burdette and Louise Bowers.
It is appreciated
|Tom Schoening||Guy Zimmerman|
Brian - Thanks for trying - To the future if I don't get back to You it is because Find A Grave no longer sends me e-mails for messages, photos or change requests - I'm flying blind
Appreciate Your Effort
Regards - Tom Schoening
|Janet Payne||Photo request filled|
Thanks again for this one and the many others you filled for me today. You are awesome in my book.
Janet Leckey Payne
|Janet Payne||Photo request filled|
Thank you so much for doing this. I understand people all have busy lives and it is truly kind of you to take the time to help others. We truly appreciate your help. You were so quick too. Thanks again.
Janet Leckey Payne
|LisaA3||RE: Thank You!!!|
Really?? Buckwalters were there? I am interested to look at these. Again, thank you so much! God bless!
Added by LisaA3 on Oct 15, 2014 3:28 PM
|Teddi Kella-Fuller||Kolar photos|
Thanks so much for taking these photos.
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service