| || member for 7 years, 11 months, 9 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
❶ DUPLICATE MEMORIALS
• Before creating a memorial, I do a whole database search for a prior listing. It takes no more time or effort than just cemetery searches.
• Duplicates can happen due to first-created entries (especially including ones with Unknown/Incorrect disposition) being missed, or ignored intentionally.
• I do NOT have the attitude of "Yay, I win, you lose, I found the grave first". If I find correct disposition information for an existing entry, I send it to the memorial manager. In the spirit of sharing, that is the polite and proper thing to do.
❷ TRANSFER REQUESTS
• Out-of-Guidelines transfer requests are no longer being honored or acknowledged, as of Sunday, July 17, 2011, due to a really bad experience with another "contributor".
❸ HONORING VETERANS
• I have a soft spot in my heart for veterans, and believe that they deserve our thanks and appreciation.
• My beloved late father ❤ was a World War II combat vet, and I couldn't be more proud of him!
❹ MY FIND A GRAVE PHILOSOPHIES
• The individuals memorialized on Find A Grave meant something to somebody, and I do not take that lightly!
• All "Virtual Flowers" that I put on memorials are from the heart, whether I knew that individual or not.
• I DO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS ... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOURSELF?
• I was raised with good manners, and I require good manners in any Find A Grave correspondence sent to me, public or private!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
*** UPDATES AS OF WED JUNE 19, 2013, SAT MAY 7, 2016 & SUN MAY 8, 2016 ***
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
• If your Find A Grave messages even have a HINT of being:
✔Abusive ✔Demanding ✔Disrespectful ✔Falsely Accusatory ✔Harassing ✔Hateful ✔Immature ✔Inappropriate ✔Nasty ✔Offensive ✔Pushy ✔Rude
✔Sanctimonious ✔Slanderous ✔Smart-mouthed ✔Threatening, etc
(some of which came from two certain "contributors"),
YOU WILL BE IGNORED, AND REPORTED, JUST AS THOSE "CONTRIBUTORS" WERE!
❺ NAMING A MEMORIAL
• If the deceased was never married, the surname goes in the Last Name field ONLY. The Maiden Name field is only for married individuals who took their spouse's Last Name.
❻ SUGGEST A CORRECTION
• Click on the "Edit" tab on the upper right of the memorial, then click one of the options under "Suggest a correction" to submit additional BONA FIDE details, and/or links to the memorial manager.
• Please do not enter Bio/SAC information through "Leave A Public Message", on a "Photo Caption", or as a "Virtual Flower" on ANY of the memorials I manage.
• There is an allowable 30 day time frame to act on SACs, so one notice to me is sufficient.
• I am getting way too many SACs from Find A Grave "Visitors". Make sure you are logged into Find A Grave before sending me SACs.
• Please state your source(s) when sending me additional information
❼ VIRTUAL CEMETERIES
• You may want to consider putting memorials in "Virtual Cemeteries", as they are great ways to keep folks "together".
|Find A Grave Friends|
"Remembrance Ma..., Andrena's Daugh..., Arthur Allen "A..., B24CoPilotNiece, babyteeth07, Barbara Hunnicu..., becky hubbard, Brad, Brenda Reilley ..., carl bensoncarl, Carrie Bias Ho..., Cherry Reynolds..., Chris Wilcox, Cindy Allman, Clarence Bailey, countedx58, CWGC/ABMC, David Clay, David Oxford, Deanna Bustad, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for KATHY (837)||[Leave Message]|
|Martha Brinkley Berry||William Dexter Mount|
Hello Kathy, I just received your edit concerning William Dexter Mount. I rechecked my sources, census records, etc and do not agree with the information you found on RootsWeb. If you click on the Rootsweb link to Benjamin Mount, it will take you to the previous page and listing of Benjamin's children. Those children are mixed up generation-wise and range in DOB's from 1820 (Mother born in 1817) to the 1850's. Census records don't necessarily give the relationship that far back, but I also use the WV Vital Research web site a lot to see original records. Death records for William Dexter Mount show his parents to be Ezekiel and Catherine Mount. I hope this link works for you to access that specific information.
Thanks for sending the edit. I appreciate your input and will continue to double check my other sources on WD Mount.
|Debora ||RE: PFC Frank Ondo (#150622164)|
I really appreciate how quickly you made the changes. It means a great deal to me and my family, since we have treasured our Uncle's memory and sacrifice all these years. Frank was born in Homestead which is in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. There are no memorials created for my grandparents. They are not listed in the St. Nicholas cemetery site, but buried near by in land shared by other churches. It has been quite awhile since I visited their graves, because I now live in central PA.
The effort you make to honor our veterans and loved ones means so much to me, as I too, do not want them to be forgotten. Yes, you may add me to your list. And even though I am new to this group I will add you to mine.
Thank you again and feel free to contact me,
Added by Debora on May 12, 2016 7:31 PM
|Dominique Potier||for you ;-)|
Find A Grave Memorial# 148075541
Hi Kathy haven't heard back from you. Are you doing ok? Becky
Added by ncsearch on May 05, 2016 11:28 PM
|W.Wm.McLeod||Lydia Anne Chippen -#161173959|
I am writing in regard to your request for her maiden name to be the last name. I already changed it her her, I wanted you to know. 😀
|Tom Lowe||Martha A. Stone Lowe|
I noticed you have a pending photo request for Martha A. Stone Lowe at Fairbiew Cemetery in New Albany, IN. Unfortunately her grave is unmarked. So is that of her husband Amos Walter Lowe. They are my great grandparents. I found their site locations and have personally visited their graves and there are no signs of any markers. I wanted to let you know.
Added by Tom Lowe on Apr 28, 2016 8:01 PM
|rick morton||Floyd Wayne Brown|
My name is Richard Morton and I am 3rd cousins to Floyd Wayne Brown's kids. In the Find a Grave Bio section it states 4 boys and 1 girl. Im not sure if your related to the Browns but if you have knowledge of their wherabouts that would be so awesome. Please let me know, thanks
|Billy Yarbrough||Robert Wesley|
I sincerely hope I correctly gleaned all the infor you referenced and added it correctly.
You have a GREAT day !
|Lisa Rose Tolbert||RE: Phillips Family|
Well it really sounds like we could be related since the majority of my Phillips family are from the same areas, this is going to be interesting for sure. Here are a few find a grave numbers for you.
Rainey Malinda [Linda] Phillips She married Franklin McCulloch WHITESELL
Find A Grave Memorial# 52779460
Luisa Sheffield Phillips Wife of Joel C. Phillips
Find A Grave Memorial# 33958496
Lucinda Lucy Woods Find A Grave #33461551
Birth 3 JUL 1853 • Orange County, North Carolina
Death 4 JAN 1944 • Haw River, NC She married Jessie Calvin Phillips Sr 1858-1924
Several of my Phillips Family members are buried in this cemetery
Flossie Elizabeth Phillips (My Grandmother)
Birth 03 MAY 1901 • Chatham County, North Carolina, USA
Death 08 JAN 1945 • Greensboro, Guilford, North Carolina Find A Grave Memorial# 90683960
My Grandfather Lester is buried in that same Cemetery.
I will be happy to send you a invitation to look at my tree on ancestry just let me know. I will do my best to add to this list a much as I can. Talk with you again soon, until then take care.
|Lisa Rose Tolbert||RE: Phillips Family|
Hi Kathy thanks for the reply.My weekend was quiet but a blessing none the less. I am looking forward to working on this with you. I hope we can find out somethings about the Phillips family and I am happy that we made a connection with or without being related its always nice to meet new people. I forgot to ask if you use Ancestry I have subscribed and trying to build a family tree. History is exciting to me and to discover family along the way is a blessing. My father's side of the Family is from North Carolina and my Mother's from Virginia were I live and Pennsylvania, where a majority of most of my grandmothers family is from, then it branches out all over Europe.
I know it sounds strange but I mourn the relatives I have never met as well as the ones I lost as a young child and adult. This journey is special to me in so many ways but I made a promise to my father that I would discover the family he never really had a chance to know being a orphan as a young child, so its a promise I want to keep even though he passed away in 2003.
I will keep you informed of any new information I discover that I think will help. Thanks again and have a great week.
|[View all messages...]|