|PATTY McFERREN-BLANTON & J.R. BLANTON (#47369283)|
| || member for 2 years, 7 months, 8 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
& FRIENDS: 185
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: If you wish to "adopt" any memorials we entered for your loved ones or friends, simply e-mail: MIDDLEFORK2846@GMAIL.COM and we will make it happen!
PHOTOS AVAILABLE. You may freely copy OUR photos in Find A Grave; no permission is required. We took these photos of your loved ones' final resting places to share with you!
WHY WE DO THIS!
J.R. is an Army (1965-1968) Vietnam Vet, with 400 days in-country (1967-1968), 627th Supply Company, 1st Log Command (Leaning Outhouse)! He served in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn Bay, Saigon, Long Bien and Da Nang.
We both retired (after 82 combined years of Federal Service) from the VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. Patty served 38 of her 43 years as a DoD/VA civilian. JR spent 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA. We have a special place in our hearts for the military & veterans! We don't want even one veteran "forgotten." Our goal is to ensure there is a memorial for every veteran buried in TRANSYLVANIA County, NC!
"The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (quoted) PRESIDENT GEORGE WASHINGTON, 1789.
J.R.'s roots are in Portsmouth, Scioto, OH; Harlan, Harland Co., KY; & Paducah, McCracken Co. KY; and Virginia. J.R. is an adopted triplet, whose birth name was "PAUL BROWN." He was one of the FIRST set of triplets ever born in Portsmouth Hospital!
Patty has roots in Wash. DC, Virginia, Franklin Co. PA, Venango Co. PA, & Quincy, Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick, Ireland; Scotland, and perhaps Antrim, Northern Ireland.
OTHER THINGS WE DO:
This is our 19th year in Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC. We fish bass tournaments in NC, SC, GA, & TN. JR is Conservation Chairman; he & Patty picked up 10,000 lbs. of litter & recycles at every lake fished since 2004! We bowl twice-a-week, and hit golf balls when we find the time!
APPRECIATION IS EXTENDED to all contributors to Find A Grave for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones.
1. Blue Ridge Gardens of Memory (formerly Pisgah Gardens), Pisgah Forest, Transylvania Co. NC (Veterans, Reverends & Infants, 24 Jan-14 Jun 2012; 11 May 2013- )
2. Blue Ridge Memorial Gardens, Roanoke, VA (A few Veterans, Reverends and Infants, 21 Mar 2013)
3. Cedar Hill Cemetery, Suitland, Prince George's Co.. MD (Hennessey Family Only 9 Nov 2011)
4. Connestee Cemetery/Dunn's Rock Baptist Church, Brevard, NC (13 Apr 2013)
5. Davidson River Cemetery, Pisgah Forest Transylvania County, NC (6 Jul -15 Sep 2012)
6. East Fork Methodist Church Cemetery, East Fork, NC (14 Apr 2013)
7. Holly Springs Baptist Church Cemetery, Holly Springs, Henderson Co., NC ( 26 Jun 2012)
8. Kilbehenney (Kilbeheny) Graveyard, County Limerick, Ireland (7 Jul-6 Aug 2011).
9. Middle Fork Cemetery, Transylvania Co., NC (22-26 Oct 2012)
10. Mill Pond Cemetery, Rugby, Henderson Co., NC (9 May 2013)
11. Mt. Moriah-Calvert Cemetery, 890 Old Calvert Rd, Brevard/Rosman, Transylvania Co., NC (26 Jan-12 Mar 2013)
12. Mt. Zion Cemetery, Quincy Township, Franklin Co., PA (McFerren Burials, 03 Aug 2012)
13. Mulls Cemetery, Northampton Township, Somerset County PA (24 Jun 2012)
14. Haskell Powell Memorial Cemetery, Powelltown, East Fork, Transylvania Co., NC (25 Apr 2013)
15. Snow Hill Nunnery Cemetery, Quincy, Franklin Co., PA (3-4 Aug 2012)
16. Southwest Virginia Veterans Cemetery, Dublin, VA (20 Apr 2013)
17. St. Josephs Cemetery, Oil City, Venango County PA (Jan July 2011, and Currently).
18. Washington National Cemetery, Suitland, Prince George's Co., MD (2 McFerrens)
19. Whitmire (G.W.) Cemetery, Eastatoe Twp, Rosman, Transylvania Co., NC (19 Nov-6 Dec 2012)
|Find A Grave Friends|
Al, Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, Angi Weast King, Ann Ono Mouse, Anna , Anonymous, Anonymous, Ashley, badrenn, badrenn, Betsy Starnes, Bill Hilton, Bill Hilton, Bishop, Bonnie, Brendan, Brian J. Ensley, Bridgefairy, buckeyegirl1721, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for PATTY McFERREN-... (2)||[Leave Message]|
It was on private property and i didnt know it was going to be so grown over. Its in a travel trailer park, but I didnt there were houses also in this park and some woods to the side of the houses. I probably wouldnt have found it if it hadnt been for a guy outside that wanted to show it to me when he found out why I was there. One lady did yell as we were walking into the woods, "Watch out for that big black snake that I saw out there yesterday" heehee
I think I will be able to get you some more info on the McFerrens. My ex wife was a McFerren from Quincy, PA, which is about 1/2 mile from Snow Hill, so I will keep you informed as I receive more info.
Accuracy and Copyright Disclaimer