| || member for 8 years, 1 month, 13 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
❶ DUPLICATE MEMORIALS
• Before creating a memorial, I do a WHOLE DATABASE SEARCH for a prior listing. It takes no more time or effort than just cemetery searches, SO PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
• Duplicates can happen due to first-created entries (especially ones with Unknown/Incorrect disposition) being missed or ignored intentionally
• I do NOT have the attitude of "Yay, I win, you lose, I found the grave first". If I find correct disposition information for an existing entry, I send it to the memorial manager. In the spirit of sharing, that is the polite and proper thing to do.
❷ TRANSFER REQUESTS
(As of Sunday, July 17, 2011)
• Out-of-Guidelines transfer requests are no longer being honored or acknowledged, due to a really bad experience with another "contributor".
❸ HONORING VETERANS
• I have a soft spot in my heart for veterans, and believe that they deserve our thanks and appreciation.
• My beloved late father ❤ was a World War II overseas combat vet, and I couldn't be more proud of him!
❹ MY FIND A GRAVE PHILOSOPHIES
• The individuals memorialized on Find A Grave meant something to somebody, and I do not take that lightly!
• All "Virtual Flowers" that I put on memorials are from the heart, whether I knew that individual or not.
• I DO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS ... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOURSELF?
• I was raised with good manners, and I require good manners in any Find A Grave correspondence sent to me, public or private!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
*** UPDATES AS OF WED JUNE 19, 2013, SAT MAY 7, 2016 & SUN MAY 8, 2016 ***
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
• If your Find A Grave messages even have a HINT of being:
✔Abusive ✔Demanding ✔Disrespectful ✔Falsely Accusatory ✔Harassing ✔Hateful ✔Immature ✔Inappropriate ✔Nasty ✔Offensive ✔Pushy ✔Rude
✔Sanctimonious ✔Slanderous ✔Smart-mouthed ✔Threatening, etc
(these coming from two certain "contributors"),
YOU WILL BE IGNORED, AND REPORTED, JUST AS THOSE "CONTRIBUTORS" WERE!
❺ NAMING A MEMORIAL
• If the deceased was never married, the surname goes in the Last Name field ONLY. The Maiden Name field is only for married individuals who took their spouse's Last Name.
❻ SUGGEST A CORRECTION
• Click on the "Edit" tab on the upper right of the memorial, then click one of the options under "Suggest a correction" to submit additional BONA FIDE details, and/or links to the memorial manager.
• Please do not enter Bio/SAC information through "Leave A Public Message", on a "Photo Caption", or as a "Virtual Flower" on ANY of the memorials I manage.
• There is an allowable 30 day time frame to act on SACs, so one notice to me is sufficient.
• I am getting way too many SACs from Find A Grave "Visitors". Make sure you are logged into Find A Grave before sending me SACs.
• Please state your source(s) when sending me additional information
❼ VIRTUAL CEMETERIES
• You may want to consider putting memorials in "Virtual Cemeteries", as they are great ways to keep folks "together".
|Find A Grave Friends|
"Remembrance Ma..., Andrena's Daugh..., Arthur Allen "A..., B24CoPilotNiece, babyteeth07, Barbara Hunnicu..., becky hubbard, Brad, Brenda Reilley ..., carl bensoncarl, Carrie Bias Ho..., Cherry Reynolds..., Chris Wilcox, Cindy Allman, Clarence Bailey, countedx58, CWGC/ABMC, David Clay, David Oxford, Deanna Bustad, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for KATHY (843)||[Leave Message]|
|Henny Molijn||Leo j kasmer|
Good morning Kathy, I have adopted the grave of Leo j kasmer nowel i have a question did you have information about the family off Leo. I have searched many years but tot today I hear nothing I hope you can't help me many thanks for nowriting.
Greeting henny molijn bas paauwestraat 106 in Rotterdam Netherlands
|RosalieAnn||RE: Edward Genatious|
When I add pictures from the Beta, I can't see whether there is a photo there or not.
Great seeing your updates, etc. could not locate your email so, please send it again when you have the time! Hoping your summer is grand and all is well!
Interesting link! Haynes has been one of my, sticky points, due the family history/story around his early years...
Your suggested birthday/death-dates match what I already have on hand in my genealogy info that wasn't included in the memorial page. I found your name for the C to be curious; everything I've ever seen has his full name as Landon Carter Haynes Brown... (Landon Carter Haynes was a Tennessee senator, part of the Tipton-Haynes farm family). Where did you find the name "Connely"? (I'm always willing to question my own data...)
The shown parentage in that link: that's different what what I had down, but, what I had down was based on the family's internal narrative....
The story that I was told by an older Brown relative was that, Haynes' father was William Brown, a landholder in Buncombe County NC. William was married, his wife was ill, and a young lass was brought in to help tend to his wife. William fathered Haynes by this woman. When Haynes turned 12, William gave him a wagon and a team of mules and sent him off into the world to find his way. He ended up in Burnsville, and became Justice of the Peace there (numerous genealogy records have him as LC Haynes Brown, conducting marriages).
Bladen County is out near Wilmington; I don't think that's the right fella, wonder if someone has erroneously added our Haynes' detailed info to a different Haynes Brown??
Added by LNBright on Jul 05, 2016 12:05 PM
|LNBright||RE: Corporal David William Whitley (#74397482)|
Of course! Hope you have a happy holiday!
Added by LNBright on Jul 04, 2016 3:29 PM
|LNBright||RE: Corp David William Whitley (#74397482)|
Kathy, you're awesome; Minnie was the only other sibling I knew of, you've helped me along quite a bit. (These are my father-in-law's great aunts and uncles, of which he didn't remember much.) One day, hopefully we'll find Joseph and Victoria...
Added by LNBright on Jul 03, 2016 9:18 PM
|Martha Brinkley Berry||William Dexter Mount|
Hello Kathy, I just received your edit concerning William Dexter Mount. I rechecked my sources, census records, etc and do not agree with the information you found on RootsWeb. If you click on the Rootsweb link to Benjamin Mount, it will take you to the previous page and listing of Benjamin's children. Those children are mixed up generation-wise and range in DOB's from 1820 (Mother born in 1817) to the 1850's. Census records don't necessarily give the relationship that far back, but I also use the WV Vital Research web site a lot to see original records. Death records for William Dexter Mount show his parents to be Ezekiel and Catherine Mount. I hope this link works for you to access that specific information.
Thanks for sending the edit. I appreciate your input and will continue to double check my other sources on WD Mount.
|Debora ||RE: PFC Frank Ondo (#150622164)|
I really appreciate how quickly you made the changes. It means a great deal to me and my family, since we have treasured our Uncle's memory and sacrifice all these years. Frank was born in Homestead which is in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania. There are no memorials created for my grandparents. They are not listed in the St. Nicholas cemetery site, but buried near by in land shared by other churches. It has been quite awhile since I visited their graves, because I now live in central PA.
The effort you make to honor our veterans and loved ones means so much to me, as I too, do not want them to be forgotten. Yes, you may add me to your list. And even though I am new to this group I will add you to mine.
Thank you again and feel free to contact me,
Added by Debora on May 12, 2016 7:31 PM
|Dominique Potier||for you ;-)|
Find A Grave Memorial# 148075541
Hi Kathy haven't heard back from you. Are you doing ok? Becky
Added by ncsearch on May 05, 2016 11:28 PM
|[View all messages...]|