| || member for 3 years, 4 months, 14 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me and include a contact e-mail account seperate from this site.|
Click cemetery photo posts of mine for all info concerning them. I try to get the best possible pics/info up for and seperating cems which run together. Occasional updates made. If you post this info credit this source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes but should be given proper credit. That's why I take them but do not rip them, claim them as your own. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission. Please respect this. Any information that can be added to my family listings, usually marked w/flowers, (as are some friends) is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me seperate from this site. *Info received for all posts here will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified. Sources not affiliated with f/g will not be ID'd unless requesting it for privacy.
Esp. looking for families of Walter A. and Nora B. Hall Brown, starting places: NC, SC, TN, VA, others associated w/both families. If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR CURRENT AS OF 6/2014 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintance yearly), current
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.*, current
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section)Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius AKA German Catholic, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many are already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Please try to determine this if possible first. Thank you.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. **NOTE: Same applies to this cem-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates. Thank you.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, photos completed, current.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism, open, water filled spots. Pics up document cem in it's current state. Possible duplicate posts due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such. More than likely that may be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Not maintained. If you have any help to offer please do! Thank you. (TO THE ONE WHO HAD MY ENTRY/PHOTOS DELETED FOR HERE- PRAY NO ONE GETS HURT BECAUSE OF IT. THOSE PHOTOS NOT TO BE RESUBMITTED ANYWHERE ELSE W/O MY PERMISSION!).
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section complete (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample*, current *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road from this one that belong here. They are very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only*, current
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M.,(Englewood Section)Frackville*, current
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon*, current. All photos courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone w/locations, names of places I will, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Mahanoy Plane & Gilberton-incl. Ducktown, Long Row, Maizeville, Cork(town), poss. Boston Run, Powder Mill (Rd.), Quality Hill (Rd.), Suffolk, Wiggans, Vulcan, Patriotic Hill, Ellengowen, Yatesville, all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt. extending from Girardville to Mahanoy City-Shenandoah; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch) incl. Fingerboard sec., Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville, William Penn, W. Wm. Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville, others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Shenandoah Heights, but can't rule them out. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. I add names as I find them. Also Homesville, Big Mine Run between Ashland & Girardville not ruled out. Oakland (Ave.), Little Mine Run-sections of Ashland, Woodland Heights-sec. of BMR/Ashland. Dark Corner bet. BMR & Centralia are other possibilities but unlikely.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, Zion's-Lutheran FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get the most attention.
*UPDATE 1/2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD as stated by parish office, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, photos still true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully & L. Merritt-(esp. for St. Joseph, Girardville), CARETAKERS, local residents & friends, historical societies & libraries, churches, f/g, and anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie & Wendy w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches!! Joan, Mike, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped me w/southern lines you are not forgotten-THANK YOU!!
All other kindnesses reguarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
CURRENTLY NOT DOING PHOTOGRAPHS, ARCHERY HUNTING SEASON. EDITS & CORRECTIONS MADE AS REC'D. THANK YOU.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Bev, Brady Kerr, Buddy, Cheryl Justice, Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, Emily, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg (inact..., Goldeneagle, Hope, HuntCoTx (inact..., James Hill, Joanne Gross Va..., Joe Nihen, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (197)||[Leave Message]|
|Irene Smith-Rice||RE: Brown photos...|
You are so very welcome.. always happy to help. Irene
|Connie Langvardt||RE: Thank you...|
You're very welcome.
|Mike Huffstetler||RE: Sherrill-Brown...|
You are welcome. It was a pleasure to fulfill your request
|Treena Jackson-Clarke||Charles Heffner|
In regards to your message about Charles Heffner, I have done a quick search of my info and it does look like we may have the same person.
|Mike Huffstetler||RE: Photos, Clarifications, etc...|
You are welcome It was a pleasure to help you with them.
Thank you so much for creating the memorials for my family members and for transferring them to me. I truly appreciate it.
|Terry||Miriam Elizabeth Monroe|
Sent in a wrong Maiden name correction. You should get two. Last name was "Dyer" not Kehler. Thanks. Hope all is well.
Added by Terry on Jun 27, 2014 6:31 PM
|Jane Hamilton||Hechler headstone|
Went back and see that you added the headstone to the Hechler site long ago, before it was transferred to me.
Thank you for submitting it.
|Jane Hamilton||RE: Photos...Hechkler|
Thank you, but what would I put as submitter?
Just your initials or that and Find A Grave number? I have not done this before.
|Jane Hamilton||Hechler headstone|
I would like permission to copy the headstone of Michael (1872-1923 and Sarah (1875-1945)Hechler to my ancestry family tree. Thank you, Jane
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service