| || member for 5 years, 2 months, 17 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me,include a contact e-mail separate from this site.|
Click my cem photos for all info concerning them. I try for best pics/info/updates. If you post this credit this source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes w/proper credit using this member number. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me separate from this site. Info received for all posts will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified.
If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Schuylkill & Columbia Co. CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR MARKED CURRENT AS OF 6/2015 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintenance yearly), current.
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section) Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Try to determine this if possible first.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. NOTE: Same applies-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, pics completed.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document it's current state. Possible duplicates due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such & repeated efforts made to identify. May be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Abandoned. Burial locations listed from visual ID and/or cem burial transcripts taken from original records.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample, *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road that belong here. They're very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M., (Englewood Section) Frackville *Burials could show up in St. Vincent-St. Louis, others in Englewood, didn't org. have it's own land but is Catholic.
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon. All pics courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone I will try my best, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Mahanoy Plane & Gilberton-incl. Ducktown, Long Row, Maizeville, Cork(town), Powder Mill, Powder House, Quality Hill, Boston Run, Suffolk, Wiggans, Vulcan, Patriotic Hill, Ellen Gowen, Yatesville, Bowmans, Maple Hill, St. Nicholas, all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt. extending from Girardville to Mahanoy City-Shenandoah; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Galway Hill, Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch-Upper & Lower), High Rd., Fingerboard, Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch, Beatty's Patch, Seitzsinger's, Newtown, Slabtown, Reading Station, Corcoran E. Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville/Dean's Patch, William Penn, W. Wm. Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville (Upper & Lower), others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Shenandoah Heights, Turkey Run, but can't rule them out. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. Names added as found. Also Homesville/Holmesville, Big Mine Run between Ashland & Girardville not ruled out. Oakland (Ave.), Little Mine Run, Riley Row, The Bricks-sections of Ashland, Woodland Heights-sec. of BMR/Ashland. -Many of these places are falling into St. Joseph's, Girardville.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get most attention, as does Annunciation BVM.
2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, pics true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully & L. Merritt, CARETAKERS, local residents, friends, Historical Societies, libraries, churches, f/g, anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie, Wendy & Robert Miller w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry, Laura and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches! Joan, Mike, Lorraine, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped you are NOT forgotten-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
All other kindnesses regarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
*AS OF JULY 1, 2015: ST. JOSEPH, ST. MAURITIUS OF ASHLAND; ST. JOSEPH, ST. VINCENT DE PAUL OF GIRARDVILLE; OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNCIL OF GORDON, WILL CONSOLIDATE INTO THE NEW ST. CHARLES BORROMEO PARISH LOCATED AT ST. JOSEPH ASHLAND. CONCLUDES ACTION BY ALLENTOWN DIOCESE SINCE 2008 AFFECTING 32 SCHUYLKILL CO. CHURCHES.
*NOTE: Birth/death listings for Ashland Miner's Hosp., Fountain Springs Hosp., Ashland Hospital, Ashland State/General, Ashland Regional Medical Center, St. Catherine's M.C. are all SAME hospital, now closed & is a Ft. Springs listing. Edits made as rec'd.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Betsy Caposell, Bev, Brady Kerr, Buddy, Carolyn Martin ..., Cathey, Cheryl & Richar..., Christine Carah..., Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, dora brown, Emily, Find A Grave, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (305)||[Leave Message]|
|Angelic Long Wilmouth||RE: Edward and Johana Long|
Thank you so much! I have one other miner, Edwards brother, that died in that county but I just can't figure out where he is buried. If I ever find out, I'll sure let you know!
|Angelic Long Wilmouth||Edward and Johana Long|
Thank you, thank you, thank you.... A 1,000 times thank you!!!!! I appreciate this more than I can say! May I have permission to use the pics in my family tree software? You will definitely be given full credit!
|Patricia||Kimber & Emma Lee|
Thank you so much for taking the time to fulfill my request for a photo. I truly do appreciate your time and help...Patti
Added by Patricia on Aug 26, 2016 7:23 AM
|Jody Hansen||RE: Daniel & Elizabeth Stover|
It looked like the name was Harrison M. On the stone to me...would you mind checking that? Thanks so much!
|Jody Hansen||Daniel & Elizabeth Stover|
Thank you very much for the photo of Daniel & Elizabeth's headstone. Very interesting to see a third name on it. Appreciate your time.
|Law-Miller Roots||Richard Hubler #134787363 & Priscilla Hubler #134787292|
Thanks so much for the great photo. I really appreciate you taking it since I cannot get there myself.
|Mattie Robinson||RE: Mary Pugh #80380858|
Thanks a bunch have most everything just thought you might have something I don't. Thanks again.
|Joy Edwards Woodruff||RE: John P Edwards - Brock Cemetery|
Thank you so much! I will take good care of him!
It looks as though there is a paragraph of inscription on the stone. Can any of it be read? I'm really having some difficulty finding his link in Wales, so anything at all will be helpful.
|Joy Edwards Woodruff||Sorry!|
In my excitement - John P. Edwards #107854564
Brock Cemetery, Ashland, PA
|Joy Edwards Woodruff||John P Edwards - Brock Cemetery|
You found him! I have been searching for my great great grandfather for several years (prior to 2013) and pretty much gave up. Just renewed Ancestry and decided to try again, and up the hint popped from FindAGrave. Would like very much to add information regarding the ship he came to America on with his young wife and 7 month old daughter...sailing ship, no less. What a wonder. If you would transfer this to me, I would love it, but if not, I understand. Please let me know and I can re-count the details of his crossing to you for addition on his memorial page. THANK YOU for finding my lost G-G-Granddaddy!
Joy Edwards Woodruff
|[View all messages...]|