|Don Kelloway (#47656126)|
| || member for 4 years, 7 months, 12 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
I am a direct descendant of several notable ancestors through my father's side of the family including:|
* Lieut. Joseph Kellogg (1626-1707), who emigrated to America prior to 1653 and became an early proprietor of Hadley, MA. He is my 9th great-grandfather.
* James Cutler (1606-1694), who in 1634 landed at Watertown, Colony of Massachusetts, North America. He is my 10th great-grandfather.
* Deacon Samuel Chapin (1598-1675), who emigrated to America in 1638 and is one of the founders of Springfield, MA in 1641. He is my 11th great-grandfather.
The oldest ancestor I am aware of is Nicholas Kellogg (1488-1558), who was the son of Nicholas Kellogg, Lord of Audley. He is my 13th great-grandfather.
My wife is a direct descendant of:
* George Soule (1593-1679), who is one of the Mayflower Pilgrims, who landed in America in 1620. He is her 10th great-grandfather.
* John Alden (1598-1687), who is one of the Mayflower Pilgrims and said to be the first person to set foot on Plymouth Rock in 1620. He is her 11th great-grandfather.
Other notable persons in our family tree include:
* Harry Foster Chapin (Musician) is an 8th cousin once removed of my paternal grandmother
* Mary Chapin Carpenter (Musician) is an 8th cousin once removed of my paternal grandmother
* Will Keith Kellogg (Founder of Kelloggs Cereal) is a 4th cousin 5 times removed of my father
* President William Howard Taft is a 7th cousin twice removed of my great-grandfather
* President John Adams, Jr. is related (17 steps)
* President John Quincy Adams is related (18 steps)
* Warren Buffett (Investor and philanthropist) is related (23 steps)
* William Bradford (Mayflower Pilgrim) is related (23 steps)
* Clinton Eastwood, Jr. (Actor) is related (24 steps)
* Norma Jean Baker (Actor) is an 8th cousin once removed of my wife's grandfather
* Orson Welles (Director) is an 8th cousin once removed of my wife's grandfather
* Richard Tiffany Gere (Actor) is a 9th cousin of my mother-in-law
* Dick van Dyke (Actor) is a 9th cousin of my mother-in-law
* Barry van Dyke (Actor) is related (22 steps)
As I have worked towards building our family tree the "Find A Grave" web site has been an invaluable source of information. And because my hobbies include photography and genealogy, I am gladly volunteering my efforts to try and photograph gravestones in my area.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Anonymous, Chip5610, Dave Robison, DeeB, Deidre Saladin-..., ditdit, Donna Hasbrouck, DRWangen, eobfindagrave, genealogyfever, Ian Macaulay, Judy Winn Grave..., Sally Roxanne C..., Scott Southwick, Stone Finders
|Messages left for Don Kelloway (51)||[Leave Message]|
|Pamela Flibotte-Hollabaugh||Blanche Alden|
Thank you very much for the photo of my Great Aunt Blanche's headstone!
|Digme Upp||F.R. Pratt|
For some reason the cemetery wasn't able to figure out where the grave was so maybe this will help. It looks like it is not within some family plot. It's a mystery how and why this fellow ended up where he is since he had a very nice lot in Quidnessett in N. Kingston, RI.
Thank you very much for taking time to obtain this photo. It was very helpful and much appreciated!
Thanks so much for the photos of the Delaney and Hale gravestones. I appreciate you taking the time.
Added by Phil S on Mar 27, 2016 7:18 PM
Thank you so very much for taking time from your schedule to take a picture of the marker for Louis Silvi and and his wife Patricia Harvey Silvi.
Added by mc&btay on Mar 27, 2016 4:18 PM
|Valerie Wixen Thruelsen||ann Manning|
Thank u for the pic!!!
|Sally Roxanne Chapin||Duplicate Gravestone pages|
Hi Don, When I was looking at a painting tonight by Eda Briggs Chapin I thought I'd do some research and found we have duplicate pages for her. See above link. sally roxanne chapin email@example.com
|Russell Hankiins||Kellogg and Cutler|
Having looked at your web site I guess we are very distant cousins. My Kellogg line started in 1438 with Nicholas Kellogg Lord Audrey (15th GGF)and follows the male line without interruption through Lt. Joseph, ending with my paternal grandmother, Ada Pearl, who married Elmer Hankins. She died in 1979. My father carried Kellogg as his middle name.
Second connection: The first James Cutler was also my 9th GGFather. I was surprised to find more than one connection but, as I was once told: We are all related.
|Judy Winn Graves||RE: Norman Earle Kellogg|
Taken care of. Your welcome.
|John P OCONNOR||Nelson O Kellogg|
Don According to the "Veterans' Graves Registration, Springfield, MA Nelson O Kellogg, Army Veteran Civil War died in 1869. He is according to the record. He is buried on Maple Ave. Lot #2049. A 1969 date of death make him quite old. John P O'Connor
|[View all messages...]|