|PATTY McFERREN-BLANTON & JR BLANTON (#47369283)|
| || member for 4 years, 2 months, 15 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
<---Click on photo to read caption.|
WISHING YOU THE BLESSINGS OF CHRISTMAS!
THE URGENCY: Acid rain & mold have devastated gravestone inscriptions! If we don't photographically record memorials before they become illegible, the final resting places of those loved ones will be lost forever!
TRANSFERS TO RELATIVES & FRIENDS: 418
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: If you wish to "adopt" any of our memorials, simply click on the "EDIT" tab and leave a message. We will make it happen! Nobody can treasure a memorial like a loved one or dear friend!
PHOTOS AVAILABLE. We do not require permission to copy our photos. We took them to share with you!
OUR SERVICE:JR is a US Army Vietnam Veteran (1965-1968), with 400 days in-country. Served with 1st Log Command, 627th Supply Co. (Leaning Outhouse) in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn, Saigon, Long Bien and DaNang. We both retired from VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. Patty served 38 of her 43 years, 5 months and 3 days with DoD/VA, and JR served 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA.
- Jan Rupp (JR) Blanton (AKA: Paul Brown) was one of the 1st triplets born in Portsmouth Hospital, Scioto, OH. One triplet baby, Paula, died at 6 months. His surviving triplet sister, Paulette Brown (AKA Judy Denning Blanton Marshall) and JR were adopted by Chester M. Blanton, M.D., and Frances (Mi) Blanton of Harlan,Paducah, Lexington & Louisville, KY. Dr. Blanton was team physician for the KY Wildcats! Jan RUPP Blanton was named after Coach Adolph Rupp. JR later lived in VA & NC.
- PattyB has roots in Wash.,DC; VA, NC, Venango & Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick, Ireland; and Scotland.
- Married 29 years with 23 kids/grandkids; a grea-grandchild arrives in 2015!
OTHER THINGS WE DO:
- We are in our 20th year in Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC. We fish bass tournaments in NC, SC, GA, & TN. Patty serves as Club Secretary; JR is Conservation Chairman. We've picked up over 11,400 lbs. of litter/recycles at every lake fished since 2004!
OUR EXERCISE PROGRAM:
-We bowl twice-a-week & participate in bowling tournaments. We enjoy hitting golf balls, but can't seem to find the time!
- 2014 was our 4th year of Transylvania Co. Senior Games. At the 2013 NC State Finals, PattyB won the "Triple Crown:" gold, silver & bronze for spincasting, basketball shooting & football throw. JR won bronze in bowling doubles!
- We take 2 dogs, 2 cats, t2 birds and 2 of every kind in the fish tank with us on our trips in "Arkie," the camper!
WHY WE DO THIS! We are looking for the graves of veterans. We have a special place in our hearts for active duty military & veterans! They fought (and some died) for us! "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13. "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (1st President George Washington, 1789).
TO FIND A GRAVE CONTRIBUTORS: Thank you, profusely, for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones. It is time well spent! God bless you for what you are doing.
|Find A Grave Friends|
4losthistory, A.C. Rogers, Aaron Bridley, Aaron John Turn..., Al, Alan Lathrop, Alan Lathrop, Aleta Stafford, Alex , alison , Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, Andie Parrish, andringa, Angi Weast King, ann, Ann Bowler, Ann Moore, Ann Ono Mouse, Ann Wilson, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for PATTY McFERREN-... (2)||[Leave Message]|
You've been busy. Good Job.
Spring sounds great, I have one thought even better, Approx. 48 days till the Daytona Race!!!! YEA, YEA. GO LITTLE E
Have a Blessed Sunday.
Added by Lorraine on Dec 27, 2014 7:55 PM
|BarryC||RE: Rev. Martin Mason|
No need to, but it looks like you already have. Not a problem, but you've been doing a great deal of work on Cathey's Creek lately so thought you might like to take over the memorials. I no longer live in the area, have moved to Florida.
Added by BarryC on Dec 27, 2014 1:38 PM
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service