| || member for 3 years, 11 months, 22 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me and include a contact e-mail account separate from this site.|
Click my cemetery photos for all info concerning them. I try for best possible pics/info/occasional updates. If you post this credit this source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes with proper credit using this member number. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission. Please respect this.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me separate from this site. Info received for all posts will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified.
If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Schuylkill & Columbia Co. CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR CURRENT AS OF 6/2014 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintenance yearly), current.
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section) Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius AKA German Catholic, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Please try to determine this if possible first.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. *NOTE: Same applies-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, pics completed.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document it's current state. Possible duplicate posts due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such & repeated efforts made to identify. May be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Not maintained. Burial locations listed from visual ID and/or cem burial transcripts taken from original records.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample, *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road from this one that belong here. They're very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M., (Englewood Section) Frackville *Burials could show up in St. Vincent-St. Louis, others in Englewood, didn't org. have it's own land but is Catholic.
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon. All pics courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone I will try my best, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Mahanoy Plane & Gilberton-incl. Ducktown, Long Row, Maizeville, Cork(town), Powder Mill, Powder House, Quality Hill, Boston Run, Suffolk, Wiggans, Vulcan, Patriotic Hill, Ellen Gowen, Yatesville, Maple Hill, St. Nicholas, all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt. extending from Girardville to Mahanoy City-Shenandoah; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Galway Hill, Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch-Upper & Lower), High Rd., Fingerboard, Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch, Beatty's Patch, Seitzsinger's, Newtown, Slabtown, Reading Station, Corcoran E. Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville/Dean's Patch, William Penn, W. Wm. Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville (Upper & Lower), others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Shenandoah Heights, Turkey Run, but can't rule them out. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. Names added as found. Also Homesville/Holmesville, Big Mine Run between Ashland & Girardville not ruled out. Oakland (Ave.), Little Mine Run-sections of Ashland, Woodland Heights-sec. of BMR/Ashland. -Many of these places are falling into St. Joseph's Cemetery, Girardville.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get the most attention, as does Annunciation BVM.
2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD as stated by parish office, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, photos true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully & L. Merritt, CARETAKERS, local residents, friends, Historical Societies, libraries, churches, f/g, anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie & Wendy w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry, Laura and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches! Joan, Mike, Lorraine, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped me you are NOT forgotten-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
All other kindnesses regarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
*AS OF JULY 1, 2015: ST. JOSEPH, ST. MAURITIUS OF ASHLAND; ST. JOSEPH, ST. VINCENT DE PAUL OF GIRARDVILLE; OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNCIL OF GORDON, WILL CONSOLIDATE INTO THE NEW ST. CHARLES BORROMEO PARISH LOCATED AT ST. JOSEPH ASHLAND. CONCLUDES ACTION BY ALLENTOWN DIOCESE SINCE 2008 AFFECTING 32 SCHUYLKILL CO. CHURCHES.
EDITS made as rec'd, photos when I can.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Bev, Brady Kerr, Buddy, Cheryl & Richar..., Christine Carah..., Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, Emily, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg (inact..., Goldeneagle, Hope, HuntCoTx (inact..., J, James Hill, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (240)||[Leave Message]|
|Kathy Nester||RE: Granzow, Brock Cemetery...|
It is so odd, because I have looked on other devices and they weren't upside down there. I did delete them so as not to cause confusion. I don't have the column on my iphone that indicates if they are "claimed" but I did see column on teh Ipad. So, now I know to check that in the future. Still puzzled over the orientation of the pictures, what device (if you don't mind) are you using? Thanks, just trying to help others...
|Twin Bill||RE: Sophia & John Kelly|
Many thanks for the transfer and for all of your help.
|Pamela Whitaker||RE: Granzow...|
and you also! Many thanks again.
|Pamela Whitaker||Granzow Headstone|
Thank you so very much for taking the pictures of Albert and Christina Granzow's headstone! I really appreciate your efforts!
|Kathy Nester||RE: Granzow, Brock Cemetery...|
Sorry, I was at the cemetery and saw the request and the gravesites, so I added them. I don't see where they are upside down. They are right side up at the website on my Ipad and iphone. If you prefer, I remove my pictures, I will, no problem. Thanks!
|Twin Bill||RE: Sophia & John Kelly|
Yes. John Monroe was Sophia Kelly's first husband. John E Kelly was her second. John E (Edward) Kelly and Sophia were my great grandparents. Sophia's name at birth was Albertina Sophia Schneider. She was born in Morsbach, Germany, 5 Oct 1867 and came to America at the age of 14. John Edward Kelly was born in Mahonoy Plane on 24 January 1869. John Monroe was also cousin of John E Kelly.
I really can't thank you enough for taking the photos of my great grandparents and my great uncle's gravesite. It means so much to me.
You're a gem!
Added by xiola23 on May 29, 2015 8:33 PM
|Twin Bill||Sophia & John Kelly|
Many thanks for providing the photos of John Kelly's and Sophia Kelly's headstones. I am very grateful to you.
|xiola23||Request for photos|
I added photo requests for Catherine Leinenbach Hurley and James B. Hurley like you asked.
I can't thank you enough for taking the time to take these pictures.
Added by xiola23 on May 28, 2015 3:38 PM
|xiola23||Joseph Hurley grave|
THANK YOU SO MUCH for offering to take a pic of Joseph Hurley's grave marker!!!!!!
I appreciate it so much!
Added by xiola23 on May 28, 2015 6:47 AM
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service