|Bio and Links|
<---CLICK ON PHOTO|
TO READ CAPTION
Daughter of the American Revolution #943166, Henry Clay Chapter
(Patriot: Henry Rock, 1735-1815,
Find A Grave Memorial# 145481071)
THE URGENCY: Acid rain and mold are devastating gravestone inscriptions. If we don't photographically record memorials before they become unreadable, the final resting places of our loved ones will be lost forever!
TRANSFERS TO RELATIVES & FRIENDS: 462
TRANSFER OF MEMORIALS: Want to "adopt" any of our memorials? Please click on the "EDIT" tab and we will make it happen! Nobody can treasure a memorial like a loved one or good friend.
OUR PHOTOS! Consider this our WRITTEN PERMISSION to share any of our photos with you! Patty McFerren-Blanton & JR Blanton, 15 Oct 2010.
- Jan Rupp (JR) Blanton (AKA: Paul Brown) was one of the first triplets born in Portsmouth Hospital, Scioto, OH. One 6-month old triplet (Paula) died. Surviving triplet sister, Paulette (AKA Judy) and JR were adopted by Chester M. Blanton, MD, and Frances (Mi) Blanton of Harlan, Paducah, Lexington & Louisville, KY. Dr. Blanton was team physician for the Kentucky Wildcats. Jan RUPP Blanton was named after Coach Adolph Rupp. JR later lived in VA & NC.
- PattyB has roots in Virginia, NC; Venango & Franklin Co., PA; Kilbehenny, Co. Limerick, Ireland; and Scotland.
- Married 30 years: 24 kids. grandkids & great.
OUR LIFE" OTHER THAN FIND-A-GRAVE:
- For 21 years, fished with Pigeon Valley Bassmasters, Canton, NC in bass tournaments in NC, SC, GA, & TN. Patty is Club Secretary; JR is Conservation Chairman.
- We take 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds and 2 of every kind in the fish tank with us on our fishing trips in "Arkie," the camper!
OUR EXERCISE PROGRAM:
~ Picked up over 12,000 lbs. of litter & recycles at every lake fished since 2004!
~ Bowl on two leagues.
~ Transylvania County, NC Senior Games. At 2013 NC State Finals, PattyB won "Triple Crown:" gold, silver & bronze for spin-casting, basketball shoot and football throw. JR won bronze in bowling doubles!
OUR SERVICE: JR is an Army Vietnam Veteran (1965-1968), with 400 days in-country. Served with 1st Log Comd, 627th Supply Co. (Leaning Outhouse) in An Khe, Qui Nhon, Pleiku, Cam Rahn, Saigon, Long Bien and DaNang. Patty & JR retired from VA Hospital at Oteen, Asheville, NC. Patty served 38 of 43 years with DoD, Army, Navy, & VA. JR served 24 of his 38 years with DoD/VA.
WHY WE DO THIS! We are looking for the graves of VETERANS. They have a special place in our hearts! They fought (and some died) for us! "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13. "The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional as to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their Nation." (Pres. George Washington, 1789).
TO FIND-A-GRAVE CONTRIBUTORS: Thank you for helping others find the final resting places of their loved ones. It is time well spent! God will bless you for what you are doing!
|Find A Grave Friends|
4losthistory, A.C. Rogers, Aaron Bridley, Aaron John Turn..., Al, Alan Lathrop, Aleta Stafford, Alex , alison , Allan L Winger, Amy Caddell, Andie Parrish, andringa, AngelEyes, Angi Weast King, ann, Ann Bowler, Ann Moore, Ann Ono Mouse, Ann Wilson, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]