| || member for 3 years, 10 months, 24 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me and include a contact e-mail account separate from this site.|
Click my cemetery photos for all info concerning them. I try for best possible pics/info/occasional updates. If you post this credit this source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes with proper credit using this member number. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission. Please respect this. Any information that can be added to my family listings greatly appreciated.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me separate from this site. Info received for all posts will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified.
Esp. looking for families of Walter A. and Nora B. Hall Brown, starting places: NC, SC, TN, VA, others associated w/both families. If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Schuylkill & Columbia Co. CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR CURRENT AS OF 6/2014 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintenance yearly), current.
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.*, current
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section) Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius AKA German Catholic, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Please try to determine this if possible first.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. *NOTE: Same applies-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, pics completed, current.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document it's current state. Possible duplicate posts due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such & repeated efforts made to identify. More than likely that may be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Not maintained. If you have any help to offer please do! Deleted pics for here have no permission for use anywhere!
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section complete (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample*, current *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road from this one that belong here. They're very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only*, current
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M., (Englewood Section) Frackville*, current *Burials could show up in St. Vincent-St. Louis, others in Englewood, didn't org. have it's own land but is Catholic.
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon*, current. All pics courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone I will try my best, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Mahanoy Plane & Gilberton-incl. Ducktown, Long Row, Maizeville, Cork(town), Powder Mill, Powder House, Quality Hill, Boston Run, Suffolk, Wiggans, Vulcan, Patriotic Hill, Ellen Gowen, Yatesville, Maple Hill, St. Nicholas, all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt. extending from Girardville to Mahanoy City-Shenandoah; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Galway Hill, Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch-Upper & Lower), High Rd., Fingerboard, Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch, Beatty's Patch, Seitzsinger's, Newtown, Slabtown, Reading Station, Corcoran E. Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville/Dean's Patch, William Penn, W. Wm. Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville (Upper & Lower), others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Shenandoah Heights, Turkey Run, but can't rule them out. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. Names added as found. Also Homesville/Holmesville, Big Mine Run between Ashland & Girardville not ruled out. Oakland (Ave.), Little Mine Run-sections of Ashland, Woodland Heights-sec. of BMR/Ashland. -Many of these places are falling into St. Joseph's Cemetery, Girardville.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get the most attention, as does Annunciation BVM.
2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD as stated by parish office, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, photos true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully & L. Merritt-(esp. for St. Joseph, Girardville), CARETAKERS, local residents & friends, Historical Societies & libraries, churches, f/g, and anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie & Wendy w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry, Laura and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches! Joan, Mike, Lorraine, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped me you are NOT forgotten-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
All other kindnesses regarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
PHOTOGRAPHS AS I CAN. EDITS & CORRECTIONS MADE AS REC'D.
**Please visit SSG Lucas James "Luke" Opuda #127454033 at Indiantown Gap National Cem. & his brother Jacob "Jake" Opuda #132771606.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Bev, Brady Kerr, Buddy, Cheryl & Richar..., Christine Carah..., Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, Emily, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg (inact..., Goldeneagle, Hope, HuntCoTx (inact..., J, James Hill, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (219)||[Leave Message]|
|Peggy Scully||New E-Mail address|
Hi Judy! I have a new e-mail address. It's firstname.lastname@example.org Almost same as before, just added "19'. Will explain when I e-mail you/ Peggy
|Jilly||St. Joseph's Girardville|
Thank you for all of your updates for the memorials in St. Joseph's Cemetery. I was unaware that there was any listing with plot numbers and a map. The only one I saw had incomplete names and dates, but no locations. I was not able to locate any of my ancestors when I visited. If you ever hear of a cleanup planned for that cemetery, do let me know, as I would try to venture back up.
Added by Jilly on Apr 28, 2015 7:35 PM
|Kathi Shuler||RE: Transfer...|
|Rita Osborne||Memorial# 128660612|
Let me look real quick and see what information I have. If it is the same person, there is a member that takes great photo in floral park. If you do a photo request on him. Her first name is Elaine.
|Thomas||RE: SSG Lucas J. Opuda...|
You're very welcome. Tom
Added by Thomas on Mar 31, 2015 4:52 PM
|Susan I. Grills||Fred Moss|
Changed city of death, thanks for catching that!
|Robert David Miller||Transfers|
As is my custom, I transfer everyone linked to any memorial for any give transfer. Take care of them Judy. Bob
|Robert David Miller||Heffron transfers|
Transfers completed, take good care of them. Sincerely, Robert Miller
|Robert David Miller||Krall transfers|
Glad to send your family to you. Take good care of them for they are a part of your family's history. Let me know if you want anymore transfers, just send a request like you did. Sincerely, Robert Miller
|Carrie Campbell||RE: Buri Family|
Judy, I wonder that Frogtown got its name from the spring peepers down in that creek down in that hollow. Can just imagine that sound soon when spring gets here. I do wonder of the possible Buri to Buery connection, always have to leave an open door. Here is a question concerning Otillie Buri Walter's daughter also named Tillie, she 1st married William Rhubright, divorced then remarried to Raymond Kessler of Shamokin. Her death certificate June 2, 1930 states she was buried in Fountain Springs Cemetery (Christ Church Cem) outside Ashland. I looked through Sch Vital Records 1 and no listing for her under either name. Have you dealt with the cemetery personnel there? are they helpful etc. to go through burial records ? Carrie C.
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service