| || member for 4 years, 8 months, 1 day|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
For questions msg. me,include a contact e-mail separate from this site.|
Click my cem photos for all info concerning them. I try for best pics/info/updates. If you post this credit this source. Thank you.
*All memorial photos have permission to be used for general purposes w/proper credit using this member number. Thank you.
*Individual photographs NO permission being from various family collections. Photos I add courtesy of others do NOT have permission.
Should you find anything of interest e-mail me separate from this site. Info received for all posts will be credited and dated/updated unless requesting not to be identified.
If I missed any THANK YOU'S for those helping me w/my southern search please know it's unintentional and very much appreciated!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
Schuylkill & Columbia Co. CEMS PHOTOGRAPHED IN *ENTIRETY OR EVERYTHING TO BE FOUND, AND/OR MARKED CURRENT AS OF 6/2015 INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
1. BICKEL'S/REED'S-private (some land POSTED, little-no maintenance, preserved), Ashland*
2. CITIZEN, Ashland*, (some maintenance yearly), current.
3. DEEP CREEK RD.-marked private, it is assoc. w/Church of Christ in Christian Union, Weishample*, current
4. NEW ST. MAURITIUS AKA GERMAN CATHOLIC, Ashland*, current
5. GREEN'S FARM-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve), Lavelle*
6. IOOF, Centralia, Columbia Co.*, current
7. KLASE-private (POSTED Enforced, not maintained yearly), Ashland*
8. McINTYRE, Catawissa, Columbia Co.
9. NEW ST. JOSEPH, Ashland*, current
10. SCHEUREN'S FIELD-private (POSTED Enforced, maintained to preserve, hunting area), Lavelle*
11. WEIKEL'S-private (POSTED Enforced, lies w/in Hunting area, not maintained, heavily overgrown), Cameron, Northumberland Co.*
12. YARNELL'S-semi private, Weishample*, current
13. ZION LUTHERAN AKA LUTHERAN, (Altamont section) Frackville*, current
14. OLD ST. MAURITIUS, Ashland-all transcriptions by Schuylkill Vital Records to 1989-completed.
**NOTE: Check NEW St. Mauritius, Ashland before making posts for St. Mauritius Cemetery. Many already up, most likely to be in newer cem. Try to determine this if possible first.
15. OLD ST. JOSEPH, Ashland-going over SVR transcriptions up to 1989 for this cem as I can. NOTE: Same applies-Please check your entries to make sure they are correct to avoid duplicates.
16. IOOF AKA "WILDCAT", Girardville*-SVR transcriptions, pics completed.
17. (OLD) ST. JOSEPH, Girardville-(POSTED-Enforced). This cem is highly overgrown on hillside, in bad general condition due to age, neglect, weather, vandalism. Pics up document it's current state. Possible duplicates due to described damage. Plots w/out markers put up as such & repeated efforts made to identify. May be the ONLY thing left as nature has taken it back. Abandoned. Burial locations listed from visual ID and/or cem burial transcripts taken from original records.
18. ST. IGNATIUS, Centralia, Columbia Co. Newer section (north).
19. CHURCH OF GOD, Weishample, *Check entries, some have shown up in SALEM UNITED BRETHREN cem up the road that belong here. They're very close same side of rd.
21. (NEW) HOLY ROSARY, (Englewood section) Frackville-western/new side cem only
22. ANNUNCIATION B.V.M., (Englewood Section) Frackville *Burials could show up in St. Vincent-St. Louis, others in Englewood, didn't org. have it's own land but is Catholic.
23. Ss. PETER & PAUL'S POLISH (of St. Clair), at Port Carbon. All pics courtesy of J. Vaughn.
24. ST. PAUL'S LUTHERAN, Middleport-partial
*My pics are TRUE to locations. I know my area well being born and raised here. If I can help someone I will try my best, just ask.
**NOTE: Check entries before posting for following CEMS in ENGLEWOOD section of FRACKVILLE, these include:
1. St. Vincent DePaul of Girardville
2. St. Louis/Our Lady of Siluva of Maizeville
3. New Holy Rosary, Maizeville/Frackville
4. *Old/New St. Joseph of Frackville
Many associated w/the "Foot patches/towns/sections" of Mahanoy Plane & Gilberton-incl. Ducktown, Long Row, Maizeville, Cork(town), Powder Mill, Powder House, Quality Hill, Boston Run, Suffolk, Wiggans, Vulcan, Patriotic Hill, Ellen Gowen, Yatesville, Bowmans, Maple Hill, St. Nicholas, all located at "the foot" of Frackville mt. extending from Girardville to Mahanoy City-Shenandoah; Girardville and it's sections/patches of Galway Hill, Wildcat(Run), Preston Hill, Connerton (aka Connor's Patch-Upper & Lower), High Rd., Fingerboard, Colorada/o, Rappahannock, Hunters Patch, Beatty's Patch, Seitzsinger's, Newtown, Slabtown, Reading Station, Corcoran E. Patch. This does NOT incl. Lost Creek 1 & 2, Smokey Hollow Patch village, Deansville/Dean's Patch, William Penn, W. Wm. Penn, Raven Run, Brownsville (Upper & Lower), others located between Girardville and Shenandoah; Weston(Place), Shenandoah Heights, Turkey Run, but can't rule them out. SOME PATCHES NO LONGER EXIST due to extensive mining. Names added as found. Also Homesville/Holmesville, Big Mine Run between Ashland & Girardville not ruled out. Oakland (Ave.), Little Mine Run, Riley Row, The Bricks-sections of Ashland, Woodland Heights-sec. of BMR/Ashland. -Many of these places are falling into St. Joseph's, Girardville.
Best to check ALTAMONT section, Frackville of OLD H.R. & OLD St. Joe's, FIRST for burials from THESE CHURCHES, then Englewood. There are other CEMS located in ENGLEWOOD section, these get most attention, as does Annunciation BVM.
2014: Info for Old & New St. Joseph Cems of Frackville-BOTH located in ENGLEWOOD, as is NEW H.R. Cemetery. Only OLD Holy Rosary located in Altamont.
BOTH O.H.R./Old St. Joseph TRANSCRIBED as located in Altamont by SVR-any burial locations for memorials listed by me for Altamont taken from SVR, pics true to location.
*Finally a THANK YOU to those who supply the info and get me out when I can-All things Schuylkill: Schuylkill Vital Records (SVR), Joanne Vaughn, Peggy Scully & L. Merritt, CARETAKERS, local residents, friends, Historical Societies, libraries, churches, f/g, anyone willing to share info or tag along w/me. Beth, Carrie, Wendy & Robert Miller w/all things Columbia, Northumberland Co's. Terry, Laura and Emily for their INVALUABLE help w/southern searches! Joan, Mike, Lorraine, southern cems, pics. Others who have helped you are NOT forgotten-THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
All other kindnesses regarding transfers of family members and information supplied-THANK YOU!!!
*AS OF JULY 1, 2015: ST. JOSEPH, ST. MAURITIUS OF ASHLAND; ST. JOSEPH, ST. VINCENT DE PAUL OF GIRARDVILLE; OUR LADY OF GOOD COUNCIL OF GORDON, WILL CONSOLIDATE INTO THE NEW ST. CHARLES BORROMEO PARISH LOCATED AT ST. JOSEPH ASHLAND. CONCLUDES ACTION BY ALLENTOWN DIOCESE SINCE 2008 AFFECTING 32 SCHUYLKILL CO. CHURCHES.
*NOTE: Birth/death listings for Ashland Miner's Hosp., Fountain Springs Hosp., Ashland Hospital, Ashland State/General, Ashland Regional Medical Center, St. Catherine's M.C. are all SAME hospital, now closed & is a Ft. Springs listing. Edits made as rec'd.
|Find A Grave Friends|
Alton Brown, Amy Fitzgerald, Autumn, Betsy Caposell, Bev, Brady Kerr, Buddy, Cheryl & Richar..., Christine Carah..., Cindy Allman, D C McJonathan-..., Deb, DonZas, dora brown, Emily, Frank & Lillian, gleebigg, Goldeneagle, Hope, HuntCoTx, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for J.G.B. (274)||[Leave Message]|
|Alton & Loudonia||Joseph Ahearn|
Removed 1st cousin reference. Any headstone photo is open to use as you wish. This is true for anyone. My only request is only to give us credit.
|Mattie Robinson||RE: Mary Pugh #80380858|
thanks a bunch now I have to see if the birth is about the same as I have. Mattie Robinson
|Robert David Miller||Sent transfer anyway.|
Don't worry about my research Judy, my cousin Joanne Vaughn, who you may know, will be taking over all the memorials I have left. I'm completing my last project before I stop. I'm doing All Saints Cemetery by Elysburg, which other posted started piece meal. This summer, I spent a total of 23 hours taking nearly 10,000 photographs of all the headstones. I have to make about 4700 memorials and check another 900 before I'm done, I've completed about 4200 so far. I'm working 6 or more hours a day on it and exhausted to near collapse, after doing this pace for 17 years. At one point, I was doing 14 to 16 hours a day, everyday, holidays included. And you wonder why I'm ready to keel over. I just can't do it anymore. Joanne said she'd take on the task of going through my research books and trying to upload as many of the estimated 20,000 people Ancestry won't allow me to upload as "Unknown Burials". She has the resources and time, that I don't have. Thanks for all that you've done yourself. Happy New Year!!! Bob
Thank you so much for the info !
With best regards from Austria !
I've transferred the memorial to you. Thanks.
|Mattie Robinson||Mary Pugh #80380858|
I am wondering if this is my 2 times great grandmother. She was born in Stark Ohio and died in Missouri, The age is the same and had family in Pennsylvania. Couldn't find her buried in Missouri. She was living with my grandmother and her father Samuel Cummins Wineman in Missouri when she died. The death date is about the same I have and the age would be about the same. Can't find her anywhere it's just like she never existed. If you can help I would love it. Thanks. firstname.lastname@example.org
|Michael Travis||RE: Thank You...|
You're welcomed. I enjoyed helping others when I can.
|historyseeker||Death certificates on memorials|
Please do not put death certificates on my memorials
|Misty Claywell||Memorial # 113508327|
Found another I hope you would consider transferring to me...Phillip is another uncle that I would love to be able to maintain his memorial. Thank you again!
|Misty Claywell||Memorial # 113504698|
I am requesting that you consider transferring this memorial of my great great uncle , George Schneider,to me. I would love to be able to maintain his memorial. Thank you!
|[View all messages...]|