| || member for 7 years, 1 month, 16 days|
| [Add to MyFriends]|
|Bio and Links|
❶ DUPLICATE MEMORIALS
• Before creating a memorial, I do a whole database search, to see if there is already a listing for that name. It is just as easy, and takes no more time to do a whole database search than it does to limit searches to cemeteries only.
• Duplicates can happen due to first-created entries (especially including ones with Unknown/Incorrect disposition) being missed, or ignored altogether.
• I do NOT have the attitude of "Yay, I win, you lose, I found the grave first". If I find correct disposition information for an existing entry, I send it to the memorial manager. In the spirit of sharing, that is the polite and proper thing to do.
❷ TRANSFER REQUESTS
• Out-of-Guidelines transfer requests were once considered as a courtesy, but I have discontinued that due to a really bad experience with another "contributor".
• Therefore, effective Sunday, July 17, 2011, NO OUT-OF-GUIDELINES TRANSFER REQUESTS WILL BE HONORED OR ACKNOWLEDGED!
❸ HONORING VETERANS
• I have a soft spot in my heart for veterans, and believe that they deserve our thanks and appreciation.
• My beloved late father ❤️ was a World War II combat vet, and I couldn't be more proud of him!
❹ MY FIND A GRAVE PHILOSOPHIES
• The individuals memorialized on Find A Grave meant something to somebody, and I do not take that lightly!
• All "Virtual Flowers" that I put on memorials are genuine, and from the heart, whether I knew that individual or not.
• I DO MIND MY OWN BUSINESS ... CAN YOU SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOURSELF?
• I was raised with good manners, and I require good manners in any Find A Grave correspondence sent to me!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
*** UPDATE AS OF WED, JUNE 19, 2013 ***
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
• If your Find A Grave messages even have a HINT of being:
✔Abusive ✔Demanding ✔Disrespectful ✔Falsely Accusatory ✔Harassing ✔Inappropriate ✔Nasty ✔Offensive ✔Pushy ✔Rude ✔Slanderous ✔Smart-mouthed ✔Threatening, etc
(all of which came from one particular
YOU WILL BE IGNORED, AND REPORTED, JUST AS THAT "CONTRIBUTOR" WAS!
❺ NAMING A MEMORIAL
• If the deceased was never married, the surname goes in the Last Name field. If married, and they took their spouse's last name, then their Married Name would go in the Last Name field.
❻ SUGGEST A CORRECTION
• Click on the "Edit" tab on the upper right of the memorial, then click one of the options under "Suggest a correction" to submit additional BONA FIDE details, and/or links to the memorial manager.
• Please do not enter SAC information through "Leave A Public Message", on a "Photo Caption", or as a "Virtual Flower" on any of the memorials I manage.
• There is an allowable 30 day time frame to act on SACs, so one notice to me is sufficient.
• I am getting way too many SACs from Find A Grave "Visitors". Make sure you are logged into Find A Grave before sending me SACs.
• Please state your source(s) when sending me additional information
❼ VIRTUAL CEMETERIES
• You may want to consider putting memorials in "Virtual Cemeteries", as they are great ways to keep folks "together".
|Find A Grave Friends|
"Remembrance Ma..., Andrena's Daugh..., Arthur Allen "A..., B24CoPilotNiece, babyteeth07, Barbara Hunnicu..., becky hubbard, Brad, Brenda Reilley ..., carl bensoncarl, Carrie Bias Ho..., Cherry Reynolds..., Chris Wilcox, Cindy Allman, Clarence Bailey, countedx58, CWGC/ABMC, David Clay, David Oxford, Deanna Bustad, [View all Find A Grave Friends...]
|Messages left for KATHY (758)||[Leave Message]|
|Robert Wyrick||RE: Find A Grave Memorial #151197204|
Thanks for being a friend. I certainly appreciate any useful info someone may have to offer. I don't have vast resources like many of the "seasoned" F.A.
G. members do, but I try to be accurate with what I have. Thank you for your recent suggestion to me. I updated the memorial as such. Blessed Be. Robert
|Robert Wyrick||Re: Find A Grave Memorial #151197204|
My sincere apologies for the duplicate memorial, and I have deleted it per your request. However I will say that I do search for a name in given cemetery and if it is not there I create one, as I too try to be careful and respectful of other memorials created. I am finding that it is not until my memorial is created the original one appears in the same cemetery. In this case it didn't happen. I don't know why this happens unless it is a glitch within F.A.G. Please be assured I am not trying to make excuses, I just don't understand it. My apologies again and Blessed Be. Robert
|Bob Spalding||Hi...not sure about sending private messages...|
I got your message today and would like to add any and all Marines and Navy Corpsman that you have. Please let me know and who to add and I will get it done for you. Have a great week.
|Christina Piper||Lena J. Adcox|
Lena J. Adcox is buried in Mt. Union Cemetery in Morgantown, West Virginia. I found her grave today as I was cataloging the cemetery. I have a memorial up for at the moment. Let me know when you have her burial location changed and I'll remove it.
|Greg Hetzler||Memorial# 148202565|
Thank you, for the note on my Mom's memorial.
|Martha Oakes||RE: Edit Request for Eva Apple|
Thanks for your reply. I will approve your request. I am curious as to why you were interested in Eva's memorial. Hope things are going well for you. Keep in touch.
|Martha Oakes||Edit Request for Eva Apple|
Eva is part of Dave's family and there has never been any record found of her birth date. What have you found that initiated your request?
|In Memory of my Sister||Dear Kathy|
Thank you for remembering my beloved Mother's Birthday today. I miss her so very much and my heart is heavy today. Your kindness and beautiful heart will never be forgotten. Again, your remembrance is deeply appreciated for her lovely Birthday flowers.
Bless you and your family,
Thanks for the info about the duplication of this memorial. I am also not a jealous keeper of memorials; I would just as soon see them with people who know burial locations. In the case of the Cocoanut Grove Nightclub Fire, I want victims memorialized because these are things that must be remembered, lest regulations loosen & foul history repeats. I have contacted the duplicate in hopes of a positive resolution . <3
|Angie Hertzberg Martin||Jacob Schilb Mem Edits|
Thanks so much for citing your source!
|[View all messages...]|
Privacy Statement and Terms of Service